“Better than my Christmas dinner”

Burger & Lobster - Mayfair
Ranked #235 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$22 - US$54
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My friends brought me to 36 Dean Street for our lobster dinner last week and it was superb .
I had the steam lobster which was so fresh and tasty. Wow better than my Christmas dinner I ever had in my entire life.
I will definately go back for more when I have visitors.

1  Thank bgwendy
There are newer reviews for Burger & Lobster - Mayfair

Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is for the Soho branch. We loved the food, the cocktails and the ethos of this place, the burgers were delicious and worth the money in my view. The one thing that let the experience down was the man who 'greeted' us at the door - he has a funny lopsided hair cut and was totally surly - he barely spoke and wasn't welcoming at all. In fact he seemed to spend the whole time we were there just mincing around. The other staff were lovely. Will definitely go back.

2  Thank Fruits21
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is actually a review for Burger & Lobster Soho but couldn't find it on here. To be honest, we were really disappointed with the food here. We both ordered lobster, and it came out cold, chewy and slightly tarred. We asked for it grilled so I assume they were all pre-cooked and then ours were shoved on the grill before they brought them out. Even the meat inside the shells was lukewarm, which means they were definitely not freshly cooked. I've never had lobster before but my partner has many a time, fresh from the sea and said this was the worst lobster he has ever had. The staff were polite and did change his lobster to a burger, but frankly £20 for a burger is shocking- it certainly wasn't worth that.

I have emailed to let them know how we felt but no response. I'd say this place is running on the success of Mayfair, and just cramming in as many people as possible, clearly just reheating the lobsters and getting them out of the door.

1  Thank JoL297937
Reviewed 29 September 2012

As many have suggested...lobster is good vfm...burger is not...lobster roll is in between.

Boiled then broiled lobster is best in my opinion...the char adds some good flavour. I look forward to returning.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

We both love lobsters and burgers and these were pretty good. I'm not sure why people think this place is a bargain as we still managed to spend well over £100 with a moderate number of drinks. We had dinner fairly early before a film so we didn't have to wait too long and found a place at the (pricey) bar. Staff were friendly, although a few times we had to wait a bit longer than we thought we should before being served (e.g., wine arrived after food and only after we asked twice). Finally, while I imagine the decor was meant to be a bit on the gritty side I thought the bathrooms were just dirty - and obviously had not been checked on during the hour or so we were there.