“Fun, good, simple”

Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Fairfax, Virginia
“Fun, good, simple”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Very simple food menu -- as in 3 choices -- Burger or Lobster or Lobster Roll, my lobster roll was very good -- it's not a New England lobster roll, but it was good. I ate at the bar and the bar staff was friendly and fun. When you are travelling alone, having dinner at the bar, friendly and attentive bar staff make or break your experience. Theese guys have a great selection of beers and spirits. I finished the meal off with Pappy Van Winkle bourbon, which is pretty hard to find even in the US. My tip -- if you're a Yank, don't waste your time on the burger -- or any burger in the UK for that matter as the same or better is available almost anywhere.

• Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Over-hyped!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Was taken there for my birthday. Very lucky - no wait. Shown straight to table. Brace yourself for price of drinks...After all..It is Mayfair!
I had lobster and my daughter ordered burger. Despite fact that there were loads of people milling around, took us 15 minutes to catch someone to put in our order! Our icedteas were £3.50. And fruit drink £4.50. Glass of wine £6.50.
My lobster was good value. Large lobster and felt like I was eating something of real quality at £20. My daughters burger however should not have been £20! Have eaten better burgers at Gourmet Burger Kitchen!
So all in all if you are looking for a posey atmosphere and inflated prices then you might like it here. I did celebrity spot sitting across the way from And I Peters, but sadly all that would not have been enough to get me to return. I would not have been impressed to have waited 3 hours to get in..but i suspect that's how they make even more money...get people to wait at the bar ordering overpriced cocktails!! Needless to say it's mostly tourists who were there when I was there!

Verbier, Switzerland
“Lovely”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Really nice and funky place, as the name say you get burger or lobster, good selection of cocktails.

We both had the lobster and was really good, nice portions for 20p.

Service was ok, and the food was really fast.

Definitely go once if in London!

Melbourne, Australia
“A great lobster burger experience”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was recommended by a friend and sister to have a lunch at this place. Well we found this joint in Mayfair and well we will definitely by back for more. Staff were friendly and the menu consisted on 3 items eg burger, lobster roll or lobster plater (all for approximately £20). Special note, if there is a wait for a table ask to sit at the bar for your meal.

2 Thank Derek S
Singapore
“We'll have the lobsters, of course”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

After watching the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, we cut across Green Park to go for lunch at this Mayfair branch (about 10 minutes walk). Some reviewers mentioned the staff at the door could be quite dismissive. We were lucky to be welcomed by a friendly staff and shown the last available table in the restaurant.
As the name implies, only burgers and lobsters were on offer. Naturally all five of us opted for the lobsters. You can always get a burger elsewhere but not many restaurants serve lobsters at this price of £20. Two of us had the steamed lobsters while the others went for the grilled ones.
My steamed lobster was a good size and juicy, served with a bowl of chips and side salad. A filling and satisfying meal.

• Visited June 2014