“Half-filled dishes”

Price range: US$15 - US$57
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bangkok Bay Battersea is approaching 30 years of serving Thai food to Battersea (albeit under a few differing names over the years). We are a family run Thai restaurant bringing you excellent quality food at a superb price! We will have a totally new wine list for early 2017 - prepare to be amazed! We were awarded the Certificate of Excellence in 2015 & 2016 - pop in for a meal and you will see why! We also offer a take-away service and free (local) delivery for orders over £15. With an excellent selection of vegetarian dishes too, you will find something for every taste. We NO LONGER offer BYOB - this is a decision we have made sadly due to abuse of the facility by a small number of customers, sadly they have caused a nuisance to our regular customers and staff. We have a new wine supplier and have a new wine list with a great range of quality wines.There will be a slight price adjustment (we have absorbed all increases over the past two years) however we are still very competitively priced and our new house wines will represent superb value for money! There are a few new additions coming to the menu too - again details to follow.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Half-filled dishes”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My flatmates and I recently ordered from Bangkok Bay for dinner.
I ordered a main stir fry dish and asked for extra chicken.
Not only was this delivered with no extra chicken, the dish was also half full.
My previous experiences with takeaway have always had the takeaway containers completely full.
I rang to complain about my half full dish and was told that the dishes are weighed and that the broccoli probably weighs more - absolute BS.
The employee offered no resolution and simply said 'thanks, bye' and hung up on me. Shocking customer service and I cannot believed the employee offered no help.
If it is any consolation my flatmates enjoyed their (full) dishes.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank JJM86
BangkokBaySW11, Owner at Bangkok Bay Battersea, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Hi there
I have sent you a message directly in response to your review.
Although I don't get to see all reviews as fast as I would like to, I do answer all comments and issues with customers.
Sorry that all did not go to plan on the night you ordered, however, if you check your message, I will ensure that your next order more than makes up for it all!
We strive to achieve excellence with every order, but where it goes wrong, we will do everything practical to achieve a satisfied customer!
Chris Hall

London
“Great local Thai restaurant”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Bangkok bay has been my local Thai restaurant for few years now. The food is good and great value. The service is very friendly.

2 Thank Mickael-and-David
Hi

Good news - glad you like us! Come and introduce yourself to me sometime!

Chris Hall
london
“Gr8 food and good value”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Lovely food. Been there several times. Prices reasonable compared to other Thai restaurants in locality. Would recommend

2 Thank churston
BangkokBaySW11, Owner at Bangkok Bay Battersea, responded to this review, 8 May 2016
Thank you for your comments! Still represent excellent value for money today too!

Chris and the team at Bangkok Bay Battersea