“Nice local Thai”

Price range: US$16 - US$58
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bangkok Bay Battersea is approaching 30 years of serving Thai food to Battersea (albeit under a few differing names over the years). We are a family run Thai restaurant bringing you excellent quality food at a superb price! We will have a totally new wine list for early 2017 - prepare to be amazed! We were awarded the Certificate of Excellence in 2015 & 2016 - pop in for a meal and you will see why! We also offer a take-away service and free (local) delivery for orders over £15. With an excellent selection of vegetarian dishes too, you will find something for every taste. We NO LONGER offer BYOB - this is a decision we have made sadly due to abuse of the facility by a small number of customers, sadly they have caused a nuisance to our regular customers and staff. We have a new wine supplier and have a new wine list with a great range of quality wines.There will be a slight price adjustment (we have absorbed all increases over the past two years) however we are still very competitively priced and our new house wines will represent superb value for money! There are a few new additions coming to the menu too - again details to follow.
London, United Kingdom
“Nice local Thai”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Lovely staff, food is good value for money and its a friendly place to go and grab a local thai curry. Also their BYOB policy works well if you fancy taking your own wine.
They also offer a good take away service

Visited February 2013
1 Thank IanSC
BangkokBaySW11, Owner at Bangkok Bay Battersea, responded to this review, 8 May 2016
Hi there

Missed this review.... thanks for the positive comments!

We still offer BYO - prices have changed, so check with staff as to the new rates!

“Great for veggies”
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant. Their menu is full of fresh, veggie friendly dishes. They have all the favourites and a few more unusual dishes too. Every time I'm there I sit and think 'I love it here, why don't I come here more often?' Love the eclectic decor- it work for me. Service is friendly and efficient. Would recommend Bangkok Bay to everyone.

1 Thank KatesPlate
Hi there

Sorry for the tardy reply - this missed my notice!

Are you still enjoying the eclectic decor and the vege food?

We have a brilliant range of vege dishes and if you want gluten free, or any of the other range of requests we often get (no soy etc), just mention this to the person serving you and we will make it so!

So make sure you do come back and see how we have evolved!

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,419 helpful votes
“Average dining experience at Bangkok Bay Battersea”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I read the reviews before i visited the restaurant. There were some mix reviews so i wasn't sure what kind of food quality i will get.

I was craving for Som tum so i went to the restaurant. Was quite disappointed that the som tum didn't taste as good as the one in Busaba Thai. It does not have dried shrimps in there and they didn't put in four seasons beans at all. They substitute a few things with green beans, cabbage and some look-alike cheap ready-mixed chillies. it wasn't that bad but it could have been better? Portion size is quite small as well.

The service was ok, not good not bad. No bad comment overall. They have this £4.50 deal for take-away so i might try that but not sure when.

I understand that local restaurants are small businesses and they want to maximise their business profit by cutting down the portion size. Introducing that £4.50 takeaway meal deal sounds very attractive to customers but it might not work if they served small portion size meal. People might shun away from this kind of business technique and go for better restaurants around Battersea such as Margarita Loca or cheap pizzeria like Papa Johns Pizza.

I am guessing their phad thai won't be as good as Busaba Thai either. Guys! save some money and head down to South Kensington for Busaba Thai because their food and service are so much better.

If you think my reviews have been helpful to you, please click 'Yes' for 'Was this review helpful?'

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank TravelQueenie365
Hello there - review has been noted and we of course would beg to differ.

If you are reading this, we'd suggest you try us out and form your own opinion.

BTW: Our Pad Thai is brilliant, as are our fish dishes!

Try us out and decide for yourselves!

Chris and the team at Bangkok Bay Battersea
“Really tasty, authentic Thai food”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This is one of the rarefied places in London which is actually a BYO. Corkage is £3.5 for wine or £5 if you are brave enough to bring spirits.
That aside, Bangkok Bay serves really tasty, authentic Thai food.
Having spent 2 moths in SE Asia I have been searching for a good Pad Thai or Beef Massaman curry and this is the place!
Ring ahead to book for large groups to avoid disappointment

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank cpisaac
Love the comments - sorry for the rather long delay in responding - this one slipped my notice!

BYO has changed to a more streamlined charge now - ask the staff for details. We are the ONLY restaurant in the area to offer BYO (and we are fully licensed too).

London, England, United Kingdom
“Half-filled dishes”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My flatmates and I recently ordered from Bangkok Bay for dinner.
I ordered a main stir fry dish and asked for extra chicken.
Not only was this delivered with no extra chicken, the dish was also half full.
My previous experiences with takeaway have always had the takeaway containers completely full.
I rang to complain about my half full dish and was told that the dishes are weighed and that the broccoli probably weighs more - absolute BS.
The employee offered no resolution and simply said 'thanks, bye' and hung up on me. Shocking customer service and I cannot believed the employee offered no help.
If it is any consolation my flatmates enjoyed their (full) dishes.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank JJM86
BangkokBaySW11, Owner at Bangkok Bay Battersea, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Hi there
I have sent you a message directly in response to your review.
Although I don't get to see all reviews as fast as I would like to, I do answer all comments and issues with customers.
Sorry that all did not go to plan on the night you ordered, however, if you check your message, I will ensure that your next order more than makes up for it all!
We strive to achieve excellence with every order, but where it goes wrong, we will do everything practical to achieve a satisfied customer!
Chris Hall