“Business” 3 of 5 bubbles

Royal London Hotel
Ranked #248 of 567 London B&B and Inns
“Business”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Room was small. But it was quite ok for 2 of us. Hotel has wifi. Location was ok too. Boss was quite friendly. Family own hotel type. Also provide breakfast. But stair step was small. Carry luaggue all the way up to 3rd floor.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked this hotel last minute for a business trip. I was in room 11.

Staff were friendly and polite upon arrival. Was hard to carry a 15kg suitcase up three flights of very narrow stairs. Hotel has lots of information if you are not familiar with London.

Room was basic, had a fridge, bathroom was clean and the room was clean also. Single room was very small but decent enough for one person.

Breakfast was downstairs from reception. Food was nice and staff very polite and helpful. Will stay again if on business.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Grimsby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked to go here in July & paid for all 3 nights in advance, then a month before we were due to go we had to cancel. We rang & sent e-mails numerous times but got no response at all & still no refund, then they ran me at 22.30 on the first night we should have been there...asking if we were still coming! I asked about our refund & was told "we'll sort it out in the morning" too right we will!! NOT HAPPY WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Ok there is only 2 nice things, 1) great location 2) powerful shower
HOWEVER 1) broken cracked mirror on wardrobe 2) chipped cups in the room 3) really needs a good clean bedside table really stained, carpets need hoovering & cleaning, lamp shade hanging with dust, rusty old shower shelf in bathroom
4) 1 pillow each so flat I could almost slide under the door we arrived back around 10pm and no one here to ask for more!! 5) one towel each no hand towel or towel to dry your hair... Such a shame as it was the first night my husband & I had together since having our children!! If only it where cleaned properly & maintained as location is excellent! Will attach photos!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Wrefordch
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Perfect Location! State-of-the-art hotel, mixing modern features and classic decoration! My wife and I appreciate a lot the comfortable and spacious rooms! Not to mention the TV screen inside the bathroom mirror....amazing! The continental breakfast was great! Service is really good and the staff are always ready to serve you! One of the best in London! I would definitely come back to this hotel! If you are looking for luxury and small hotels in London, enjoy your trip staying at Royal London!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was exactly what I needed for a few nights in London. It was clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was good-sized even though the rest of the room was quite small (but it was a single room so I didn't need it to be bigger). The Wi-Fi worked after a few tries and the refrigerator in the room was a nice addition. The breakfast was really good and the very nice young woman working in the kitchen made eggs however you asked for them, in addition to toast, cereal, yogurt, coffee, and orange juice. The breakfast room is small, though, so it's good to get down there as soon as it opens in the morning. There's no elevator, but the gentleman at the front desk helped me carry my suitcase upstairs when I checked in, which I appreciated. I needed to print a bus ticket and the guy at the front desk was happy to let me print it on his computer from my jump drive. I don't think there's air conditioning and it definitely got stuffy in the room but it was easy to open the window and that helped. The neighborhood is really great with a lot of good places to eat nearby and it definitely seemed safe. I attended the Aegon Queen's Club tennis championships during my stay and it was actually really easy to walk there from the hotel. The Hammersmith tube station is close, but not that close and it was at least a twenty minute walk away with all of my luggage, but that was the only thing I considered to be a true downside. Other than that, I really liked staying here because it was a good price with good breakfast in an interesting neighborhood. There's so much to do and see in London that I don't think you should be spending that much time in your hotel room other than to sleep and shower anyway.

Room Tip: There's no lift so if you don't have much luggage, it shouldn't matter. If you think yo...