“Great spot!”

Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Chicago, Illinois
“Great spot!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We fell upon this small restaurant the day we arrived. We were exhausted and thankful they were open for an early dinner. The food was fantastic and I was thankful to have delicious Indian food because where I live (in the suburbs), it is hard to find!

Visited May 2014

“Not sure I would return”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I generally go try to have Indian food at least once while visiting London. I was staying in Mayfair, so decided to try this little place in Shepherd Market. I hesitated to go in because it was nearly empty, but ultimately decided I would give it a try because I didn't feel like walking. I stood in the doorway for a good five minutes before anyone showed up to seat me. Once seated, I ordered the meal and a beer relatively quickly. I liked the lamb vindaloo quite a bit -- the food was definitely satisfactory. Not outstanding, but good. What annoyed me, was how long it took me to get the bill when I was the only one left in the restaurant at the end of the meal! The hostess and the cook, a young man, stood around talking about what the cook would do on his day off. She kept encouraging him not to get drunk. Maybe they were flirting, I don't know. But the whole thing was inappropriate. Great location, decent food, poor service -- they could do better!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank cramsay1992
“Delicious”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I am from Kentucky and was on vacation visiting my fiancé in Brighton. We wandered around for a while and happened upon this place tucked away in a corner. We walked pasted a crowd of businessment and as soon as we entered it was quiet. I guess we hit them at a slow time. No one was there. The waited immediately helped us, light candles and played beautiful music through his iPod and a dock. I ordered a lamb dish and my fiancé ordered something too spicy for me to handle. Our service was great and our food was delicious. My fiancé and I frequently talk about returning when I visit again.

• Visited November 2013
San Diego, California
“Nice little Indian restaurant in Shepherds Market - Mayfari”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A nice smaller Indian restaurant in Shepherds Market area of Mayfair. Attentive staff, food is quite good and not too much of it, just the right amount. If you like good and not too expensive Indian and like smaller local places, this is a good one.

Much warmer upstairs than the downstairs dining area so keep in mind if you want to be cooler (or warmer).

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“STAY AWAY....”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Cold-warm food, tasteless and cheap, AVOID at all costs, a packet curry tastes better than this rubbish...

• Visited April 2014