“Simply the best!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I have been coming to this small family Indian for years. The restaurant itself has been here for nearly 50 years but it is very modern, having been redecorated a couple of years ago. It is very popular with locals, which is a good sign. The food is lovely, good sized portions and with a good spicy heat to the sauces. Staff will easily make them even hotter if you want, although not strictly necessary unless you like really really spicy food. We like jalfrezi and dhansak and both are quite hot compared to some other restaurants. The chicken shashlik dish is massive and easily feeds two. Service is excellent with friendly chat and no rushing. Nice touches are the after dinner mints, free drinks at end of meal (although this may be because we are regulars and local) and no service added to the bill. Prices are very reasonable. It is simply the best indian in Pimlico!

2  Thank Tazbaba

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Called in with a colleague late in the evening. the staff were really helpful and attentive but without being obtrusive - a difficult balance to achieve. Whilst the menu was limited in its scope, the food came quickly and was great quality. A really enjoyable meal and thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I dined here with a pal a couple of weeks ago when on a weekend break from Ireland. My friend and I had eaten here before and went again to savour the lovely food. I must say that we were not disappointed. The staff were most helpful and friendly. The food and service was excellent and reasonably priced. The overall experience was most enjoyable and I would happily recommend this restaurant to any curry fans. Many thanks. Clem.

1  Thank Theeye01
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This place is my new curry house- they were very accommodating with my allergies ( to powder spices) they modified dishes for whilst keeping them as authentic as possible, had a great meal.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I went to this restaurant with my family (including 2 kids, 7 yrs and 11 yrs old) for dinner while we were in London for 3 nights. When we went there first time, we were bit skeptical, but we ended up going there 3 nights in a row. The service was extremely professional, they open the door when you leave, staff well dressed and groomed, good food and great price. I will recommend it to anyone who haven't been there at least to give it a try. We really enjoyed it and we will go there again if we are around again.