“Great Little Place, fantastic service!”

Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
Ranked #363 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My girlfriend and I were there for 3 nights Sept 7th-10th.

I'll start with service: When I got there, I needed to find a place that had the NFL. I am a diehard fan and didn't know where to go. The person at the counter Jimmy said he would look into it. Keep in mind, he didn't need to do this.

I went up to my room and came back down about an hour later. He then informed me that he had called around to local pubs in the area and checked online and found out the game I wanted to see wasn't on in the UK. I may not have seen the game but appreciated the effort.

Over my stay I asked reception abotu 100 questions and always got answers.

In terms of the hotel itself, what can I say. When getting into the room, it was small be superclean. They say that the beds were 5 star and I'd agree. Slept well every night there. One thing I look for in a room is solid air conditioning. The room had that.

In terms of location again it was fantastic. It is a 5 minute walk to Liverpool Tube station and has a nice pub next door.

Another nice thing is that they have drinks and small snacks behind the counter that you can purchase at anytime.

There was no breakfasst that I saw but there is restaurants everywhere so you'll be fine.

With this hotel, you will notice that you will have to pay for every little thing: Toiletries, Hair Dryer, TV, Internet. The reason for this is that the room rate is very low. Its a great business idea as the room is cheap and for extras you pay. We took a package that included everything and it was still a great price.

Overall a great experience and when in London again we'll stay there.

2  Thank Wayner76
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your complimentary review.
It is great to hear such positive feedback about the concept and the facilities that we offer. Despite the low budget prices that we offer to our guests, we do not compromise on comfort, cleanliness and customer service as these are our key areas for focus as a brand. I am very much encouraged by the positive feedback you have given us, particularly regarding Jimmy in our Front Desk team who works very hard to make each guest’s stay enjoyable.
We appreciate your recommendations which I’m sure will be useful to other guests and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Have to admit I wasn't sure what to expect for £64 a night in central London! Was very surprised - had a speedy and efficient check in, there is a lovely garden you can sit outside in and as long as you go prepared knowing what they do and do not provide you don't need any extras! We had a 'windowless' room and we didn't keep the air-con on all night so by morning the room was airless and we felt like we had a hangover - one to remember for next time!

Overall the Tune Hotel was miles better value than it's other 'cheap' competitors - who in my experience although may sometimes be similar in price are never as clean.

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Our concept clearly states exactly what you have experienced, and it’s always a pleasure to hear from our guests that we deliver excellent value for money. We are always trying to maintain high standards in areas such as comfort, cleanliness and service so it is great to see you were impressed in all of these areas. Our lovely garden is open daily for our guest to relax after a long day of business or leisure.
Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

First time we've stayed with this chain.... It's not a bad location, the rooms are very clean but omg - I've been in bigger storage rooms! The bed was ok but cheap nasty pillows made it a bad nights sleep.... Ok if you are wanting the basic end if the market and don't expect a maid to clean your room!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Pgdunnjones

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to read that you found our central location so convenient for your visit to London, and that you enjoyed our clean rooms which are serviced after every third night. Our rooms are space efficient and include all the necessities for a good night’s sleep. We use quality bedding in our hotel and I am sorry to hear that our pillows were not to your satisfaction.
We hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Stayed here on a Sunday for one night. Arrived at 8pm, very speedy check-in from a friendly gentleman. Given room 26 on the lower ground floor and it was perfect, so cosy. I was expecting it to be tiny but I was pleasantly surprised at how much space there was. Bathroom was a good size, with a great shower and plenty of counter space to put your stuff on.
Bedroom was more than adequate. Lots of light/mirrors even though I did not pay the extra for the window. Did not find it too small at all.
Bed was very comfy, The only negative I can think of is that there is too many indicator lights in the room, from the tv and the light in the ceiling, which made the room pretty light when you were trying to sleep. Next time I will bring an eye mask which will help. Also, the tv was at a funny angle to the bed which made watching tv a bit awkward. Shame it was not on the wall at the foot of the bed to make viewing easier. But it was a great size tv, with plenty of chanels to choose from.
Location is great, easy walk from Liverpool Street and numerous buses. Plenty of eating places within a 5 minute walk, and local shops so you can stock up with drinks or snack for the room.
Tune Hotels are now my hotel of choice in London, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a value-for-money room in London which does not compromise on cleanliness or location. Travelodge should take a look at how you do it!
Great stay, thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your informative review about the hotel - it is great to hear such positive feedback about our concept.
Cleanliness is a key focus for us and we will continuously strive to maintain high standards and exceed our guests’ expectations. I am also very much encouraged by the comments regarding our Front Desk team who work very hard to provide the best service to all our guests.
The rooms without window have an emergency lighting system in place in line with Health & Safety legislation which I believe is what you are referring to, but we will look to reduce the brightness of these indicators.
We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Booked this hotel for a one night stay in London after visiting the Paralympics.
The check in was fast. The room was spotlessly clean. Modern bright and had the best bed I have slept in for years!!
I like the fact that you only pay for the room, and if you want extras you pay for them. (Hairdryer, Room Safe, TV, Towels)
The room had no windows but to be honest I never even noticed, and it was a bonus that your not subjected to any noise.
I had an amazing nights sleep!!!
There is also a really nice coffee garden...
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, its the best place to stay on a budget in London!!

Room Tip: Go for a room without windows, cheaper and really quiet !!!

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your complimentary review.
It is great to read that you had a great stay and were able to take advantage of our great rates even after including the add-ons. Our concept is based on the premise that people do not spend much time in their hotel rooms whilst staying in London, so we focus on providing comfortable 5-star quality beds in great locations, which I am pleased to hear you enjoyed.
Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Stayed just one night with my wife when attending Olympics. The hotel is about 5 minute walk from Liverpool Street station and off the main street so it is reasonably quiet, despite a popular pub opposite. The rooms are small; not much more than 8 foot square plus the ensuite, but have been well designed to maximise this space, and clever use of mirrors makes it seem bigger. Don't bring a large suitcase though - there's nowhere to put it or its contents. The room was impeccably clean throughout, the quality of fittings surprisingly good. The bed was comfortable, but could have used a second pillow myself.
I stay in budget hotels in London frequently for business,and this is one of the best value fo rmoney I have used.
I would happily use Tune again, especially if travelling alone and simply looking for good place to sleep and not much more.

Room Tip: This room had a window,some cheapers ones don't!

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel.
We always aim to offer value-for-money rooms, so it is so great to read that we have succeeded in this and exceeded your expectations for your business trips. It is also very encouraging to hear such great feedback regarding the cleanliness of our rooms, and we will endeavour to maintain these high standards. The staff at the front desk would have provided you with an extra pillow, so please do ask during your next visit as we like our guests to be comfortable!
Thank you for recommending us and I hope you will come back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com