“Excellent ratio between quality and price”

Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
Ranked #357 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I was very sceptic when I booked Tune Hotels for my January stay in London. I did not expect much: but my decision was completely wright. Good location (not the best) to come from Luton Airport: I took Easybus to Marble Arch and then tube to Liverpool Street Station, red line - Central line. Room in a hotel was not very big, but clean and big enough to sleep. I got a very good price because I have booked 6 month in advance. The only thing which was may be disturbing for someone was a noise coming from trains - but I know that noise from home, too. I would recommend a stay to everybody who likes the best ratio between quality and price. Finally, all the best about hotel staff and a director Ms. Elli.

Room Tip: Book as soon as possible in advance. Do not hesitate to book a room without windows - is also good f...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other reviewers and explaining our concept so well.
We are very glad to read that we pleasantly surprised you and our central location was so ideal for your stay. It is great to read that you enjoyed our 5* beds in our clean comfy rooms, had a good night’s sleep and enjoyed staying in the double room without window. Our unique concept allows guests to cut back on hotel costs by designing their stay based on their individual requirements with our add-on system; we are pleased that our limited concept proved to be suitable for your needs. As you recommended, we advise all guests to book early online to get the lowest rates. Being a city centre hotel we do get some underground noise which can filter through to the rooms. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the staff being very friendly - the team is indeed one of the greatest assets of the hotel and I am pleased we helped you have a great time in London.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

KInd regards

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights, the location is very good but the service was better as i arrive in London i got lost and call the hotel and a young guy Andrei pointed me what lines of the underground and streets should take to get to the hotel.
He was friendly and most of all helpfully. At the hotel Andrei and Ryan gave me a map telling me the tourist sites and how to reach them. Actually I would go back for the service that they gave me. TOTALLY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Rewiever,

I am pleased that you chose us for your stay and our prime central location was a crucial factor in your choice. Thank you for complementing our staff as we take a great deal of pride in our service delivery and it is great to see that it is noticed and commented on. I am very proud of all my team, who always strive to go the extra mile for our guests, like Andrei and Ryan did. It is so rewarding to see that you will visit us again motivated by the excellent service that you experienced.
Thank you for recommending us and we are all looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed in a room less window & paid for tv, wifi & towels package. Wifi access wasn't great & password limited to one person per room but that aside have to say can't recommend this hotel highly enough for price. Great hotel, location & service. Plenty places to eat & drink locally & not far from centre of town.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Rewiever,

Thank you for writing your review.
The title "excellent value for money" really describes our goal, which is to offer clean rooms in a central location, and all of it at an affordable rate! Our unique add-on system allows the guests to customise their stay and purchase only the add-on they need. Our WIFI connection at the hotel allows for the access code to be used in two different devices, please ask our front desk staff for instructions during your next stay. We are very pleased to read that you found our location so ideal. As you mentioned we are situated close to Shoreditch area, where you can enjoy the great selection of shops, restaurants and bars.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

No frills, clean and fabulous rooms.
Modern layout. Great location and excellent service.
Staff were friendly and I left my key there and when called they advised they will keep it safe for me.
Would stay there again

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Rewiever,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
We are so pleased to know you had a great stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you also for mentioning our clean, modern and comfy rooms. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that you were impressed with our friendly staff.
Thank you for recommending us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Stayed for one night in Lower Ground room 10 a room without windows.
Room adequately kitted out with good comfy bed and hot shower.
Wifi an extra £3 but essential as your underground and no 3G or phone signal.
£40 a night booked in advance is a bargain and ill will use again.
Only niggle is you hear the tube trains rumbling by deep underground... But apart from the Tune Hotels are great competition for Travelodges!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Rewiever,

Thank you for posting a review.
It is a great pleasure to read you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would also like to thank you for highlighting some of our key areas like unbeatable prices, comfy room and power shower. We give the option to the guests to choose only the add-ons they need for a nominal fee, like you purchased the WIFI. Being a city centre hotel we do get some background noise from the tube which can filter through to the rooms. Our hotel is located very close to rail and tube stations and many bus stops making exploring London very easy and convenient
We really appreciate your recommendations and look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I would recommend this hotel for short stays. The room and bathroom were very clean and nicely presented and the water in the shower was lovely and hot. The staff were very friendly. I would have no hesitation in staying at a Tune hotel again. The air-conditioning was on, you would be grateful for this in the summer. There was a lovely restaurant round the corner from the hotel that we had a superb breakfast in. We did not use the restaurant in the hotel, so I can't comment on this. The cost of the rooms were incredible for london and it was very close to Liverpool st station. Checkout was simple, we just had to hand our card in to reception.

Room Tip: Choose 1st floor upwards, there is a little notice from the tubes.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear Reviewer,
I would like to thank you for leaving us such a great feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Cleanliness is one of our main keys and we are very happy to see that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Wow, as Budget acommodation goes, this has to be way up there. Spotlessly clean, really helpful and friendly staff and a great location for London and Liverpool St. train station. The rooms are small and it's a no frills hotel, but I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a room with window.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay and leaving a complementary feedback.

We are so pleased that we wowed you during your stay. We always aim to offer value-for-money rooms in a central location, so it is great to read that we have succeeded in this and exceeded your expectations. It is also very encouraging to hear such great feedback regarding the cleanliness of our rooms, the friendly staff and we will endeavour to maintain these high standards.
Thank you for recommending us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,