Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
3,153 results
All reviewstune hotelwindowless roomwithout windowsno windowwater poetgreat locationbrick lanestansted airportbudget hotelrooms are smallair conearly checkshort staycomfy bedmin walkcentral locationtube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It is a Good hotel near London Liverpool Street station. The tube runs directly below the hotel and it makes a loud noise when it passes. The room was small - good for a weekend away but not for longer than that. Overall clean and nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and I am glad we fulfilled your needs for your stay in London.
As you mention we are very centrally located and offer competitive rates to our guests through providing the basics for a good night's sleep.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The first nigbt was on the 1st floor,window less room. Very small,but clean and useful. A good nights sleep. I had to stay on another night,but to change rooms to the dreaded ground floor window side rooms.
DO NOT stay in one of these rooms if you wish to sleep.. Tube runs underneath, the road is a short cut for all traffic, pub,,if busy is next door and the wall are wafer thin. The people in the next room were up turning the lights on and off all the time. They .must not have electricity is their Country.
DO NOT stay in a ground floor window side room. emaill the hotel once you have booked and request that you are not given one of these rooms.
All said, the hotel is very clean, helpful, nice courtyard, close to the markets and Station.
Very nice place,except for the terrible ground floor,window side rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback and for rating us to show that we exceeded your expectations.
It is great that you had such a good night's sleep on your first night with us, and I am sorry that your second room was not so enjoyable for you - as you mentioned, our Accessible Double rooms are situated on the Ground floor and occasionally there is some noise from the road which we do try our best to minimise although this is out of our control. If you book an Accessible room then you will be located on the Ground floor as this is where these rooms are, but we have several of these rooms on the garden side of the hotel.
I am glad you had an overall pleasant stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a night on my own as I was in London for a training course. The reception staff were great - really friendly and checking in and out was easy and quick. The hotel is really modern in terms of the decor. My room was very clean, had everything I needed (was impressed by the decent hairdryer and freeview channels) and also had air con/heating. I had the comfort package included when I booked - recommend doing this. The room was minimalist but efficient. The only downside was that the walls were quite thin and unfortunately I was woken up in the middle of the night by some noisy people in the room next door. Other than that though, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely go back to this hotel or another Tune hotel - impressed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you choosing us for your stay and for your review.
We strive every day not only to meet guests’ expectations but to exceed them, and I am delighted to hear that we are succeeding in doing so. I am glad you pointed out the key aspects of Tune brand you experienced - a good value for money, safe and central location, and the most important our clean and comfy rooms with 5 *star comfy beds. I am glad you liked our Limited Service concept of the hotel as much as to recommend it. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the staff being very friendly - the team is indeed one of the greatest assets of the hotel and I am pleased we helped you have a great time in London.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor

Reviewed 24 March 2014

About a 5 minute walk from Liverpool station in London, so a good location for us. The rooms are quite small and bare bones, OK for us because they are also affordable. The entire hotel was sparkling clean and the reception staff was friendly and helpful. I'd stay again

Room Tip: Cheaper rooms are without windows but I didn't want that. We had a room overlooking the patio - but not much to see unless you stand at the window and look down. The rooms are really small, no chairs or desk. But it's cheap and clean.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers and for highlighting the high standards that we maintain in cleanliness and customer service.
I am really pleased that we exceeded your expectations and fulfilled your requirements, and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

If you read the website of the Tune Hotel, you will know what they are providing you. This is a small room without the creature comforts that you would get with a larger chain hotel but also without the price as well.

CHECK IN
Check in is very efficient, with my rate including the package for WiFi, Towels etc. This was however, not immediately clear this was the case. There was a sense of you must not what you are doing when you are checking in - and if you have not checking in at a Tune Hotel before you will not know the protocol. As you can not incur extras you pay when you check in for your stay and get your receipt there and then at check out you just deposit your key.

ROOM
The room is small and is mainly taken up by the bed. You can choose - different tariffs i believe - whether you wish to have a room with no window, street window or courtyard window. I was in a Courtyard view room which looks over the back of the property to a small seating area that is available to use if you wish - too cold in February though!
The bathroom has space for a walk-in shower and toilet and that is about it. However the shower itself was a good power and easy to control
If you want a chair or wardrobe in your room, this is not the hotel for you - there are hangers and these are over the mirror in the room - however there are also mirrors in the bathroom and behind the bed so not the end of the world with covering this mirror up.
There is no storage at all (apart from hangers above)
The WiFi is very fast and no problem using it to stream videos as sometimes is the case at more expensive hotels.

If you want a room just to sleep in then this is great for you - however if you require somewhere to relax then whilst cheap it does a job but is not the most comfortable as no furniture apart from the bed

There is a coffee bar near Reception (didn't try this) however apart from this there are no food options in the hotel

The comments made about the noise of the tube trains is true - I was on the 2nd floor and could - occasionally - hear the rumbling of a tube train - it was not enough to keep me awake though,

Room Tip: Would suggest non window rooms may be claustrophobic and higher rooms may mitigate tube noise
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for your detailed review following your recent stay at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street.
I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations and your interactions with the Front Desk team left you with a good impression. As a business model we try and keep things simple for our guests so, like you say, there is no queue to pay a room bill upon check-out - you can simply leave your key, provide us with some feedback and head off to enjoy the day after a great night's sleep in our Hypnos beds.
We target the traveller who would much rather spend their time and money out and about enjoying London than on hotel facilities and amenities which we deem unnecessary. I was happy to read your comment about our honest website as we are always transparent about our concept and room sizes.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.