“Best nights sleep I think I've ever had in London”

Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
Ranked #380 of 1,069 Hotels in London
St Issey Cornwall
“Best nights sleep I think I've ever had in London”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Though the rooms are tiny, how much space do you need when travelling? The room was spotless, bed was very comfortable, the shower great, the location quiet (had a great nights sleep) and the local area buzzing, with lots of great places to eat/drink.
Will definitely stay here again and would also recommend to others.

Room Tip: I'd choose a room with a window
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aa133lucan
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for writing such a great review and for sharing your experience with other travellers.
I am very happy to read your review and it is great to see that you had a good stay with us. Cleanliness is one of our main areas we focus on and I am very pleased to read that we maintained our usual high standards. I can see that you had a chance to explore our prime central location and hope you will be coming back for another great stay with us!
Kind regards
Vitalija Simkute
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel in March 2014. Having read the previous posts I did ask for a room near the rear in case there would be any noise from the bar which is right next door. The hotel is 200 metres from Liverpool Street Station so ideally located for all sorts of travel. The hotel itself is pretty clean and basic. I have stayed in similar hotels before when travelling for business and I guess it could be described as a mix of an Ibis or Balladins type hotel. It is pretty cheap to stay. If you want to check in before 15h00 then you pay a fee so it might be wise to think about what time you plan on arriving. It costs £15 if you want to check in at 12H00 and it drops by £5 every hour after that up to 15H00. Bathrooms are on the small side, a shower and a toilet with a mirror. It’s basic but for the money in a city like London well you would be hard pushed to find better.

If you do travel as a tourist then using the tube is the best bet (underground). It costs £5 for a ticket and you can travel where you want to on that but once you leave a station and exit to the world above then you must pay another £5 if you want to go back. However you can get an all day pass for £8 or £9 and that gives you access to all underground / buses and trains for the day within the London zones so fantastic value for money if you’re house hunting or on a mission to see as many sites as you can.

IO have rated it as average all around because I feel it is average but if you’re looking to save money on accommodation then it is good.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the bar next door in case of any late night exits.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BillybobIreland
Dear Reviewer,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street.
It is great to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that hotel met all your requirements. Tune Hotels provide basics for a good night’s sleep at the price that everyone can afford and from your review I can see that our effort was noticed.
Our superb central location has a lot to offer including great links to London Transport, many great restaurants and coffee shops. I am very pleased to read your informative review and hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Kind regards
Vitalija Simkute
Guest Services Manager
perth, west oz
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We loved it here, it's close to a really great part of London, clean, first impression of the room was, wow I knew it would be tiny, but still tinier thAn imagined! Haha! But it's all u need, we only stayed 3 nights, any longer & the smallness and no window factor may take it's toll! We would be back

• Stayed March 2014
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for writing a review.
It is great to read that you had a good stay and were able to take advantage of our prime central location and high standard of cleanliness. Our concept is based on the premise that people do not spend much time in their hotel rooms whilst staying in London, so we focus on providing comfortable beds for a good night’s sleep at an unbeatable value. Thank you also for complementing our staff, as we take a great deal of pride in our service delivery and it is great to see that it is noticed and commented on.
We look forward to your next visit in the near future.
Kind Regards
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We spent four nights in this hotel & it was great. we had a windowless room on the third floor which we found ideal.there was a faint noise from the tube but not enough to bother us. the room was spotlessly clean & the bed comfy, shower was great. the staff at the hotel are brilliant, very helpful & go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. the pub next door (the water poet) is a great pub with excellent food and a wonderful atmosphere. the hotel is in an ideal location for exploring london. we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: from what others have said i would suggest trying to get a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay with us. It is very rewarding to read your comments, particularly with regards to the team who all work very hard to try and exceed our guests' expectations. Despite being a low-cost hotel we never wish to compromise on cleanliness or customer service and I am pleased that we have maintained these high standards.
I look forward to having you stay with us again sometime in the near future.
Svendborg, Denmark
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It is a Good hotel near London Liverpool Street station. The tube runs directly below the hotel and it makes a loud noise when it passes. The room was small - good for a weekend away but not for longer than that. Overall clean and nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and I am glad we fulfilled your needs for your stay in London.
As you mention we are very centrally located and offer competitive rates to our guests through providing the basics for a good night's sleep.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The first nigbt was on the 1st floor,window less room. Very small,but clean and useful. A good nights sleep. I had to stay on another night,but to change rooms to the dreaded ground floor window side rooms.
DO NOT stay in one of these rooms if you wish to sleep.. Tube runs underneath, the road is a short cut for all traffic, pub,,if busy is next door and the wall are wafer thin. The people in the next room were up turning the lights on and off all the time. They .must not have electricity is their Country.
DO NOT stay in a ground floor window side room. emaill the hotel once you have booked and request that you are not given one of these rooms.
All said, the hotel is very clean, helpful, nice courtyard, close to the markets and Station.
Very nice place,except for the terrible ground floor,window side rooms.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback and for rating us to show that we exceeded your expectations.
It is great that you had such a good night's sleep on your first night with us, and I am sorry that your second room was not so enjoyable for you - as you mentioned, our Accessible Double rooms are situated on the Ground floor and occasionally there is some noise from the road which we do try our best to minimise although this is out of our control. If you book an Accessible room then you will be located on the Ground floor as this is where these rooms are, but we have several of these rooms on the garden side of the hotel.
I am glad you had an overall pleasant stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a night on my own as I was in London for a training course. The reception staff were great - really friendly and checking in and out was easy and quick. The hotel is really modern in terms of the decor. My room was very clean, had everything I needed (was impressed by the decent hairdryer and freeview channels) and also had air con/heating. I had the comfort package included when I booked - recommend doing this. The room was minimalist but efficient. The only downside was that the walls were quite thin and unfortunately I was woken up in the middle of the night by some noisy people in the room next door. Other than that though, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely go back to this hotel or another Tune hotel - impressed.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you choosing us for your stay and for your review.
We strive every day not only to meet guests’ expectations but to exceed them, and I am delighted to hear that we are succeeding in doing so. I am glad you pointed out the key aspects of Tune brand you experienced - a good value for money, safe and central location, and the most important our clean and comfy rooms with 5 *star comfy beds. I am glad you liked our Limited Service concept of the hotel as much as to recommend it. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the staff being very friendly - the team is indeed one of the greatest assets of the hotel and I am pleased we helped you have a great time in London.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards