“Hotel with a heart”

Ranked #369 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Hotel with a heart”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Staying for two nights so we can run the London Marathon, we were handed "good luck" goody bags of drinks and choccies, and entered into a draw for our charity. The staff always had a kind word and smile and were genuine helpful professional people. The location is great and is amongst the coolest streets, bars and cafes, oh and 50m from the official London marathon shop! (The staff there are wonderful too).
Bargain price, clean rooms, wifi, cool decor, great location. We will be back for another refrain of our favourite Tune.

2 Thank MoneySurgery
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind review.
I am very pleased you chose us for your stay during London Marathon and we offered a home away from home. Thank you for highlighting some of our key focuses like the prime central location and the high level of cleanliness It is great to hear that you had a good night’s sleep in our 5* Hypnos beds and were well-rested for the run. Thank you also for complementing our staff, as we take a great deal of pride in our service delivery and it is great to see that it is noticed and commented on.
It is particularly pleasing that we could make your Marathon day a bit easier for you. We hope it went well for you and we will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Greta Hado - Guest Services Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
UK
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I'm obviously easily pleased as I love this hotel and the concept of basic plus extras.

Others had commented about the room size being a tad on the small side, perfect for me, but then I'm quite a compact unit myself.

The fact there was no window, for me, was a plus - best nights sleep in ages as I woke with my alarm rather than the morning night streaming/peeking through/around the curtains.

The hotel and the room were both spotlessly clean and the towels were thick and soft and the bedding had that amazing crisp, scrupulously clean feel about it.

The staff were friendly and knowledgable about the local area.

A 5-6 minute pleasant walk, depending how long your legs are, through an area of beautiful sky scrapers, to Liverpool Street Station, with it's little shopping centre and an abundance of food places - then London is your oyster (card - see what I did there?!!)

In summary, this hotel did it for me and I'll be back.......

1 Thank PurplePaula
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your feedback and for posting a photo.
I am really delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly believe that our concept, embracing 5* comfort and providing clean rooms with power showers, in a central location and with a friendly staff, is really what sets us apart from all the others budget hotels around Liverpool Street area and your feedback is proof of that.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel.
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I have just returned after a 4 night stay here. I knew the rooms were going to be small but I was pleasantly surprised. The shower was fabulous and the bed incredibly comfy. No, there was no desk or chair but we didn't need one. We were there to sleep only, and we slept well. Our room was on the Courtyard side of the hotel so there was hardly any outside noise. Yes, you could hear the Tube but it's London, you hear the tube everywhere. It's not a phenomenon unique to this hotel.
The staff were incredibly efficient and friendly. We will definitely be going back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pesketti
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am very pleased that you found the hotel to be convenient, clean, comfortable and good value for money as these are key aspects to the Tune brand. We appreciate that the transparency of our brand helped you make the decision to stay with us. We put a lot of thought into the layout of our rooms to make them space efficient and modern without sacrificing comfort. I am sure your recommendations will be useful to other travellers coming to London.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

It was the cheapest hotel (that didn't seem disgusting) that I could find close to Liverpool Street Station. I had an early flight out to Stanstead and wanted to make the transition from pillow to train seat easy. The staff were very nice. They gave us a room with a view of a wall, and when I asked for a courtyard view, they gave us a nicer room with a view of a tree in blossom. However, this hotel has an institutionalized feeling and everything feels a bit mean. If you can at all afford more, do it: or get something at Airbnb and order an Uber taxi to take you door-to-door in the morning. I am slightly claustrophobic. Unlike Citizen M which felt like a stylish pod, this felt very cramped. I also would not choose to return to Citizen M if I could get somewhere bigger and better. I was wondering if it would be better to do an airbnb and a morning taxi, but airbnb can be so personal and and I thought a hotel would provide a simpler stay. It was simply alienating.

Room Tip: There seems to be no way to request any particular type of room in advance, as the booking is entire...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HarrietBlanch
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments.
Regrettably I do not think that there is anything we could do to improve and meet your expectations since it seems that the hotel concept and overall offering of hotels in London are not to your taste. We fully recognise that the concept does not suit everybody, so for this reason we are very transparent about our service on our website, including room dimensions and accurate photos.
As you mentioned, we have a fantastic team at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street who will always go out of their way to try and give all of our guests a great stay. I hope other travellers will realise that we have provided a high quality service but unfortunately had unfair expectations to meet.
Kind regards,
Elly Page - General Manager
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I needed a budget hotel near Liverpool Street station while I was attending a training course. This was not a brand I was familiar with but the price was good (cheaper than Travelodge) so it was booked. Thankfully my package included a "comfort pack" so tv, towels, toiletries and free wifi were provided. I believe these are sometimes priced as extras !! The room was very snug and in the eaves, but it had a small window, a large TV, a few hooks for clothes and a wonderfully powerful shower. Everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable enough. I noticed a smart garden as I was leaving but didn't get to use it. Altogether very satisfying for a budget hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen M
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting a review and it is fantastic to read that we have a new convert to Tune Hotels!
Here at Liverpool Street we do not claim to be anything we are not, and fully admit that our room sizes are smaller than some of our competitors, but this is reflected in our rates. We believe that most visitors to London would rather save money on the hotel than have an abundance of facilities that they are unlikely to use. I am really pleased that we met your expectations and provided a great night's sleep to leave you feeling refreshed for your training course.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards,
Elly Page - General Manager
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great location, super clean rooms & friendly staff. Perfect if you just want somewhere to get ready & a nice comfy bed. If your a light sleeper pay extra & get a room with windows as you can hear the tube on the ground floor.

Within a few minute walk to Brick Lane, Old Street & Liverpool Street Station.
Will definitely be coming back again as it was an absolute bargain!

• Stayed April 2014
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for such a lovely review following your recent stay at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street. I am very pleased to read your comments about cleanliness and customer service. The team is working hard to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is great to see that our effort gets noticed.
Thank you so much once again for sharing your experience with other travellers and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!
Kind regards
Vitalija Simkute
Guest Services Manager
St Issey Cornwall
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Though the rooms are tiny, how much space do you need when travelling? The room was spotless, bed was very comfortable, the shower great, the location quiet (had a great nights sleep) and the local area buzzing, with lots of great places to eat/drink.
Will definitely stay here again and would also recommend to others.

Room Tip: I'd choose a room with a window
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aa133lucan
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for writing such a great review and for sharing your experience with other travellers.
I am very happy to read your review and it is great to see that you had a good stay with us. Cleanliness is one of our main areas we focus on and I am very pleased to read that we maintained our usual high standards. I can see that you had a chance to explore our prime central location and hope you will be coming back for another great stay with us!
Kind regards