“Spotlessly clean, but v small room, plus noises from underground”

Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
Ranked #358 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Perfectly clean, shower but no bath, friendly Staff, very small room (about 1 foot space around the bed), not much noise from the road, but the rumble of the underground below isn't a welcome addition.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay.
Our rooms are space-efficient and we make no effort to deceive guests about our concept because we believe that saving money whilst not compromising on customer service, cleanliness or location is more important to a lot of travellers than having excess space which you probably won't need whilst visiting London.
We hope you will return to stay with us again sometime.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

For a central London stay where all you need is a bed rather than a large room, this hotel is spotlessly clean, well located very close to the station, and has all the bars and eateries you need on it's door step. At £70 a night i was very happy with the value - I didn't even mind not having a window bacause that saved me £20!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank peterfulton

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for your kind comments following your recent stay with us.
It is very motivating for the team to read that we have exceeded expectations and maintained our high standards in cleanliness.
We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice hotel for a budget. Decent location, but really shouldn't be calling it a hotel on Liverpool St as it's not on the street, nor even just off it.

Knowing now, and liking the type of hotel they are I would stay in one of these again. Once a place is clean and has a decent shower, and you can sleep, there aren't many problems you can have - at least with a budget hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind review.
The limited service concept is new in the hospitality industry but it offers a great value for money especially with such a central location as ours. We are glad to receive such lovely comments about our clean rooms and power shower, as our main aim is to provide comfortable rooms in a good location at unbeatable prices.
Thank you for your recommendations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Staying for two nights so we can run the London Marathon, we were handed "good luck" goody bags of drinks and choccies, and entered into a draw for our charity. The staff always had a kind word and smile and were genuine helpful professional people. The location is great and is amongst the coolest streets, bars and cafes, oh and 50m from the official London marathon shop! (The staff there are wonderful too).
Bargain price, clean rooms, wifi, cool decor, great location. We will be back for another refrain of our favourite Tune.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank MoneySurgery
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind review.
I am very pleased you chose us for your stay during London Marathon and we offered a home away from home. Thank you for highlighting some of our key focuses like the prime central location and the high level of cleanliness It is great to hear that you had a good night’s sleep in our 5* Hypnos beds and were well-rested for the run. Thank you also for complementing our staff, as we take a great deal of pride in our service delivery and it is great to see that it is noticed and commented on.
It is particularly pleasing that we could make your Marathon day a bit easier for you. We hope it went well for you and we will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Greta Hado - Guest Services Supervisor

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I'm obviously easily pleased as I love this hotel and the concept of basic plus extras.

Others had commented about the room size being a tad on the small side, perfect for me, but then I'm quite a compact unit myself.

The fact there was no window, for me, was a plus - best nights sleep in ages as I woke with my alarm rather than the morning night streaming/peeking through/around the curtains.

The hotel and the room were both spotlessly clean and the towels were thick and soft and the bedding had that amazing crisp, scrupulously clean feel about it.

The staff were friendly and knowledgable about the local area.

A 5-6 minute pleasant walk, depending how long your legs are, through an area of beautiful sky scrapers, to Liverpool Street Station, with it's little shopping centre and an abundance of food places - then London is your oyster (card - see what I did there?!!)

In summary, this hotel did it for me and I'll be back.......

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank PurplePaula
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your feedback and for posting a photo.
I am really delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly believe that our concept, embracing 5* comfort and providing clean rooms with power showers, in a central location and with a friendly staff, is really what sets us apart from all the others budget hotels around Liverpool Street area and your feedback is proof of that.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My daughter and I have just returned after a 4 night stay here. I knew the rooms were going to be small but I was pleasantly surprised. The shower was fabulous and the bed incredibly comfy. No, there was no desk or chair but we didn't need one. We were there to sleep only, and we slept well. Our room was on the Courtyard side of the hotel so there was hardly any outside noise. Yes, you could hear the Tube but it's London, you hear the tube everywhere. It's not a phenomenon unique to this hotel.
The staff were incredibly efficient and friendly. We will definitely be going back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pesketti

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am very pleased that you found the hotel to be convenient, clean, comfortable and good value for money as these are key aspects to the Tune brand. We appreciate that the transparency of our brand helped you make the decision to stay with us. We put a lot of thought into the layout of our rooms to make them space efficient and modern without sacrificing comfort. I am sure your recommendations will be useful to other travellers coming to London.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

It was the cheapest hotel (that didn't seem disgusting) that I could find close to Liverpool Street Station. I had an early flight out to Stanstead and wanted to make the transition from pillow to train seat easy. The staff were very nice. They gave us a room with a view of a wall, and when I asked for a courtyard view, they gave us a nicer room with a view of a tree in blossom. However, this hotel has an institutionalized feeling and everything feels a bit mean. If you can at all afford more, do it: or get something at Airbnb and order an Uber taxi to take you door-to-door in the morning. I am slightly claustrophobic. Unlike Citizen M which felt like a stylish pod, this felt very cramped. I also would not choose to return to Citizen M if I could get somewhere bigger and better. I was wondering if it would be better to do an airbnb and a morning taxi, but airbnb can be so personal and and I thought a hotel would provide a simpler stay. It was simply alienating.

Room Tip: There seems to be no way to request any particular type of room in advance, as the booking is entire...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HarrietBlanch
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments.
Regrettably I do not think that there is anything we could do to improve and meet your expectations since it seems that the hotel concept and overall offering of hotels in London are not to your taste. We fully recognise that the concept does not suit everybody, so for this reason we are very transparent about our service on our website, including room dimensions and accurate photos.
As you mentioned, we have a fantastic team at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street who will always go out of their way to try and give all of our guests a great stay. I hope other travellers will realise that we have provided a high quality service but unfortunately had unfair expectations to meet.