“Great value”

Ranked #364 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Venice, Italy
“Great value”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I like the idea than you pay what you really need:I'm on holiday so who cares about tv? Well done Tune Hotel, i like this philosophy.
Rooms clean and bigger than i expected! Bed are comfy and shower are spacious!
I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting a review.
I am very pleased that you found the hotel to be convenient, clean, comfortable and good value for money as these aspects are key to the Tune brand. Our add-on system allows guests to choose what they need and save on accommodation costs.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Birmingham
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stopped at this hotel for the 2nd time in November. It was still as good as it was the last time I was here in 2012. Great location and great price. I paid for a double room without a window. I would never pay extra money to have a room with a window! I got at the hotel 15 mins early and the receptionist wouldn't let me check in which I thought was slightly petty however this was the only niggle. I only paid extra for the TV. I never both with the other extras and I can easily bring them myself. I would stay here again due to the price and location. Its a lot more comfortable and clean than the other cheap chain hotels popular in UK. You can hear the tube below but it doesnt wake you up.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper then I guess being on a higher floor would mean the tube noise wouldnt be...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
It is always very rewarding to hear from a returning guest. We are so pleased that we pleasantly surprised you for your second stay with us. We take pride in our high standards of cleanliness and central location, and always aim to exceed customers’ expectations. I am glad you liked our Limited Service concept of the hotel as much as to recommend it again.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My stay here was entirely trouble free. I opted for a twin room without a window and was surprised to find the room was bigger than I expected. The hotel was clean & well maintained, staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel is tucked in a quiet side street a very short walk from Liverpool St station.
Don't forget that towels, TV, room safe, internet access are all extra cost options which you can choose at booking time. Even taking the cost of these things into account Tune is pretty competitively priced.

Room Tip: My twin room without window was slightly bigger than I expected.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind review.
The limited service concept is new in the hospitality industry but it offers a great value for money especially with such a central location as ours. We are glad to receive such lovely comments about our clean rooms, as our main aim is to provide comfortable rooms in a good location at unbeatable prices. I am so pleased to read that our staff impressed you.
Thank you for your recommendations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

One slight downside - It would be good to have a loo brush in the bathroom, mentioned this to the very friendly and helpful staff on the desk and they said many people had mentioned this before, (I would imagine if you stay for a few days and the room is cleaned every 3 days this may become more of a concern), however no plans at present!

Room Tip: book in advance and maybe avoid the ground floor rooms as tubes could be heard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your feedback.
I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. Providing clean rooms, in a central location and with a friendly staff, is really what sets us apart from all the others budget hotels around Liverpool Street area.
We hope to welcome you again to our hotel.
Mitchell, Australia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

As an elderly couple we found this hotel excellent for our needs. Helpful staff, comfortable, clean, good access, quiet with basic facilities covering all our needs.
Convenient to transport, many London features within walking distance, will come back again.

Room Tip: Probably would not suit those with heaps of baggage, as rooms are small with no storage.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am very pleased that you found the hotel to be convenient, clean, comfortable and good value for money as these are key aspects to the Tune brand. We appreciate that the transparency of our brand helped you make the decision to stay with us. I am sure your recommendations will be useful to other travellers coming to London.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is the experience we had at the Tune Hotel Liverpool Street.

We had previously stayed at the Tune Hotel in Kings Cross where we had a great experience, though this one fell short on the mark.

We arrived around 1pm and we knew that check in wasn't until 3pm, we was going to let them take our bags so we could explore London, the lady behind reception pointed that if we wanted to check in early it would be an extra £10 or if we wanted them to take our bags it would be £2.50 a bag, we never got this at the other Tune Hotel and they happily took our bags for free, not the case at this hotel, they seem to have a new policy that if you want something then you pay for it!

So we took our bags and explored London for a bit then headed back for 3pm, When we got back there was a new lady on reception who took our details and explained how things worked, with paying for wifi, towels, tv and other items you had to pay for!

We had booked our night with Hotel Tonight and the room had to be allocated on arrival, so we was allocated a room on the ground floor, we opened the door and found out it was a handicapped room, i went back to reception to ask for another room and she said a firm NO and that they couldn't change the room because it was the one the hotel has allocated to us, though couldn't see why they still couldn't change it? Anyway the room was a good size with a nice comfy bed, huge tv, nice bathroom with a big bathroom and powerful shower, we had a view of a building site so nothing to write home about really.

A few minutes after relaxing in the room we heard a rumbling noise, then thought nothing else of it, then it happened again then again, so back to the reception i go, the receptionist came back and said it was the Underground Trains what run underneath the Hotel. The noise was extremely uncomfortable and asked to move again and said she couldn't do anything about changing our room.

After getting back to the Hotel i tried connecting to the Wifi but it just wouldn't connect so went to reception to be told it was down and it would be back up and running in 30 minutes, 1 hour later it came back on, the wifi seemed ok but had trouble connecting most of the time.

We both got use to the noise and had a nice nights sleep eventually, due to the few problems we had though i don't think i will ever use a Tune Hotel again unless i was staying on a budget.

The great thing about this Hotel though is the Fantastic location, its only a 5 minute walk to the trendy bars of Shoreditch and Hoxton and only a 5 min walk to Liverpool Street Station.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor to avoid noise of the underground trains.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank orlandouk
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,
I was sorry to read of your disappointment with the hotel and wish to address the issues raised.
Unfortunately it seems that your expectations were incorrectly set when you stayed at another hotel and I must inform you and other travellers that all Tune Hotels operate an add-ons system whereby you pay for what you use, which includes our luggage storage service (£2.50 per bag per day).
The channel through which you made the reservation allocates you a "run-of-house" room and on this day we only had Accessible Doubles remaining. We were then fully booked for the night so could not accommodate a room change.
We did have an ongoing Wi-Fi issue on the night on which you stayed and any guests who were affected were refunded upon request at check-out.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again based on the good night's sleep you had.
Kind regards,
Elly Page - General Manager
Reviewed 3 May 2014

First experience in a Tune hotel. Pick & Mix options from room and bed only to room, bed, TV, towels and toiletries, wifi , hair dryer etc. Functional, compact, clean, efficient, no luxury but superb value for money . Comfy bed too! Everything I needed for business only travel. Right in the City beside Brick Lane if you fancy a curry ! This is not a romantic getaway luxury stay experience but I'm hooked .

• Stayed May 2014
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am very pleased that you found the hotel to be convenient, clean, comfortable and good value for money as these are key aspects to the Tune brand. I am sure your recommendations will be useful to other travellers coming to London on business or leisure trips.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards