Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
US$256
US$216
  • Pool
3,236 results
All reviewstune hotelwindowless roomwithout windowsno windowwater poetgreat locationbrick lanestansted airportbudget hotelrooms are smallair conearly checkshort staycomfy bedmin walkcentral locationtube station
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I can only assume everyone giving good reviews for the Tune Liverpool Street have just been released from prison.

When I first opened the door, I almost had to laugh as I couldn't believe how small the room was. If anyone's seen the (excellent) movie Brazil, there's the scene where Sam Lowry is given a promotion and first walks into his new rabbit hutch of an office where's he's confronted with a chair and half a desk, which he has to share with the office next door. That's precisely what this was like. The room was little more than a broom closet, with half a window. I'm not joking. There was a bed and a peg for hanging some clothes on. That was it.

I appreciate this place is all about functionality and not expensive fripperies, but if I hadn't had to spend literally eight hours in the room and no more, I'd have been pretty depressed. It's a soulless, dispiriting kind of place to be. The sort of place which makes you consider your life choices and contemplate what would've happened and where you could've been sleeping if only you had worked harder / taken a better job / done more preparation for an interview / been nicer to your wealthy relatives.

Four quid to turn on the TV. Even in the most run-down, basic, or even grotty places I've slept (well, I spent a night under a bush on a roundabout in Portsmouth once, but that's a tale for another time), I've at least had the solace of a few minutes in front of the box at the end of the day. But not here. I tried to circumvent such ridiculous penny pinching by watching TV on my ipad, but the wifi didn't work either (and I apparently was on the package where wifi was included).

Being a charitable kind of chap, there are a few plus points. It's in a great location in the City - a brief three minute stroll from Liverpool Street, it's clean, tidy, the reception staff are nice, the bed was comfortable, the shower was good and powerful, and the soap in the bathroom smelled nice. That's probably about it.

Could I recommend it? For me, it worked out - I didn't check in until after 11 at night, and checked out again at 8 in the morning. But if I were in London for more than a day, I'd be fairly hacked off about spending time here. If you need to spend time in the City, don't like walking, are a bit skint, and don't want to do anything except sleep, then it might be for you. Otherwise, if you care about things like spending time in somewhere that's vaguely a nice place to be, forget it.

Room Tip: Well, I was in one on the third floor and it was hilariously tiny. Others, going by some of the images on the website, may be a little larger.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank boygav
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am unsure of how you made your booking but it seems that you are not aware of the hotel concept and were expecting something different to what we provide. We take great care to be transparent on our website and other booking channels so I can only assume that you made the booking based on our competitive pricing without much prior research.
Your review confirms that we provided exactly what we say we will (and what we feel to be important): extremely clean rooms, a comfortable bed, a power shower, great customer service and all in a fantastic location in Central London.
We appreciate that the concept does not suit everybody but for those wishing to get a great night's sleep at an affordable price we do not disappoint.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A very good hotel in central london, it is in a perfect location (only 5 minutes walk from liverpool street tube station and 5 minutes walk from spitalfields market where there are plenty of restaurants and bars) . The rooms are fairly small, but more than adequate for a short stay, the bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable. Friendly staff and good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind review.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and were overall pleased with our Limited Service. Our concept is all about providing clean rooms, great customer service and convenient location at affordable prices and it was good to read we have managed to provide you with it.
We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back once again.
Kind Regards
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The pub next door. Our room was incredibly hot, despite being in the basement. The air continuously would turn itself off every hour, leaving us very little comfortable sleep. The hotel was also unbelievably noisy. We constantly heard doors slamming and the elevator running throughout the night. The staff was neither welcoming or friendly and we felt as if our inquiries were more of an inconvenience than anything. With it being a holiday weekend, the price of our hot, noisy room wasn't anything worth mentioning either.

• Stayed: May 2014
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for giving us your feedback following your recent stay.
I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay and have contacted you directly to resolve the issues you have raised. I am unsure as to whether you reported any issues to the team who would have gladly assisted you - I am surprised at the comments about them being unfriendly so will wait to hear back from you for further clarification.
All of our rooms in the hotel have a fresh air ventilation system so I am sorry that you did not feel this was effective; we understand that the rooms without windows do not suit everybody so I would advise you to perhaps book with windows next time. With regards to pricing, our rates are much cheaper in advance and fluctuate based on demand and availability.
I hope to hear from you soon as your experience does not reflect the high quality service that we usually provide so I am keen to see what went wrong.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My second stay at Tune, Liverpool Street. Great location and value for money. Clean rooms, comfy beds. Friendly staff. Stayed on 1st floor on my first visit, and lower ground floor second time. Seems to be more noise on lower ground, as the floor in the corridoor seems to shudder when people walk on it. Other than that, great. Will be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for posting a review following your second stay and for highlighting our consistently high quality service.
I am really pleased that we exceeded your expectations in terms of comfort, cleanliness and customer service.
Please send us a request prior to your next stay and we will endeavour to allocate you a room on a higher floor.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Clean and compact, it was a nice business hotel that was very close to the conference centre I needed to go to the following day. Great location for lots of great restaurants. Bed was comfy though pillows weren't fantastic. One word of caution - check what your package for the night includes, as almost everything is an extra if not included - towels, wifi, tv(!!!), cleaning (if staying more than one night), hair dryer (not that I needed one) etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CrawleyM
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for you review.
We are pleased that you found our central location so convenient for your business stay. Our Limited Service concept allows the guest to purchase only the add-ons they need (if any at all) and make some savings on their accommodation costs.
We hope you will come and have another enjoyable stay with us soon.
Kind Regards