“Everything you need.”

Ranked #351 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Everything you need.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We chose Tune as have stayed at there other one in London and liked it very much.Only five minute walk from Liverpool St station,walk to Spitafeilds markets in three minutes,Brick Lane less than ten minutes,easy going,Tesco express at end of street for snacks and other goods,pubs,all there.The room was very clean,bathroom was very clean,the rooms may look small but have lots of storage under the double bed,as they are high,but not high that you need a ladder.The rooms have air con but some times you want a open window,you have one that's double glazed,and easy to open if needed.
The shower has good pressure and hot water.Love the Tune Hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a window and see London at night,as that's what your there for.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind review.
The limited service concept is new in the hospitality industry but it offers a great value for money especially with such a central location as ours. We are glad to receive such lovely comments about our clean rooms and power shower, as our main aim is to provide comfortable rooms in a good location at unbeatable prices.
Thank you for your recommendations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Tune hotel provides clean, modern, and comfortable rooms at great rates. The Liverpool St. branch is right next to the tube and a great place to branch out from. The local neighborhood also has great food and drink options with brick lane and the spitalfields market a close walk away.

The main drawback of the hotel is reduced services. To get wifi and leave luggage at the desk there are extra fees. These fees are annoying as other hotels would usually provide them for free. However, these extra costs are worth it when you consider the money you are saving on the room price. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street.
I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that hotel met all your requirements. I can also see from your review that you had a chance to explore our superb location and great transport links.
Our add-on system allows our customers to design their stay and pay for the services that they will be using.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy another great stay with us!

Kind regards
Vitalija Simkute
Guest Services Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Located close to the centre of the City of London. No frills hotel and this is reflected in the price. I opted for a room without windows,which was in the basement, as I was arriving late and leaving early. I opted to pay extra for TV and wifi as I needed email. Room was very small with just the space needed for an overnight stay. Double bed comfortable but one side was against wall. Slight rumble of trains but I do not know if this stops in the night as I slept well. Space for everything needed for an overnight stay but not for much longer. Shower unit worked very well and the large fluffy towels were a delight. Reception (24 hours) friendly and efficient. Easy to find food nearby.
Excellent compromise between price and no frills for a one night stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you choosing us for your stay and for your review.
We strive every day not only to meet guests’ expectations but to exceed them, and I am delighted to hear that we are succeeding in doing so. Although the rooms are compact, I am glad you pointed out the key aspects of Tune brand you experienced - a good value for money, safe and central location, our rooms with 5 *star comfy beds and power shower, and the most important, our friendly staff. I am pleased you liked our Limited Service concept of the hotel as much as to recommend it.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Noisy... rooms are very small and the walls are quite thin. If your not bothered by hearing the person snoring in the next room then this may be the place for you. The location is ok and the price was reasonable however I suggest earplugs if you are bothered by street and hotel guest noise.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Orixuk
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory although we fulfilled your requirements on location and value-for-money.
I hope that next time you will inform the Front Desk of any issues as the team are always willing to assist with finding a resolution and turning the situation around.
Kind regards,
Elly Page - General Manager
N.Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I actually stayed here over a year ago - but found myself recommending to someone recently so felt i should put those same recommendations on trip advisor ! It is great value for money if you need to have a base in London close the Liverpool St Station . My two friends and i were doing an overnight before the rest of our holiday in Europe so convenience to the Stanstead Express to the Airport was essential which this hotel provided . We also found the staff were very helpful ( contrary to some of the comments made ) and even a year on that sticks in my head as i expected a ' no frills' hotel to come with an indifferent attitude from the staff - but the opposite was the case - both the day and the night staff were very helpful . I also liked our rooms ( we booked two double rooms ) which were definitely compact but adequate and quite ingenious use of space - but very very clean which impressed me and a very comfy bed .I do agree that the bottom corridor where we were was very noisy - but this was other hotel guests being inconsiderate in the wee hours - and the staff did make a point of apologising for the noise - but this in itself was not the hotels fault! I would stay again and have already recommended !

Room Tip: if possible avoid basement floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Thank you for highlighting our fantastic location with great transport links to all attractions in London, We always aim to offer value-for-money rooms and comfy beds for a good night’s sleep and it great to read that we have succeeded in this. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff being very friendly - the team is indeed one of the greatest assets of the hotel and I am pleased we helped you have a great time in London.
We hope you will come and have another enjoyable stay with us soon.
Glasgow, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I can only assume everyone giving good reviews for the Tune Liverpool Street have just been released from prison.

When I first opened the door, I almost had to laugh as I couldn't believe how small the room was. If anyone's seen the (excellent) movie Brazil, there's the scene where Sam Lowry is given a promotion and first walks into his new rabbit hutch of an office where's he's confronted with a chair and half a desk, which he has to share with the office next door. That's precisely what this was like. The room was little more than a broom closet, with half a window. I'm not joking. There was a bed and a peg for hanging some clothes on. That was it.

I appreciate this place is all about functionality and not expensive fripperies, but if I hadn't had to spend literally eight hours in the room and no more, I'd have been pretty depressed. It's a soulless, dispiriting kind of place to be. The sort of place which makes you consider your life choices and contemplate what would've happened and where you could've been sleeping if only you had worked harder / taken a better job / done more preparation for an interview / been nicer to your wealthy relatives.

Four quid to turn on the TV. Even in the most run-down, basic, or even grotty places I've slept (well, I spent a night under a bush on a roundabout in Portsmouth once, but that's a tale for another time), I've at least had the solace of a few minutes in front of the box at the end of the day. But not here. I tried to circumvent such ridiculous penny pinching by watching TV on my ipad, but the wifi didn't work either (and I apparently was on the package where wifi was included).

Being a charitable kind of chap, there are a few plus points. It's in a great location in the City - a brief three minute stroll from Liverpool Street, it's clean, tidy, the reception staff are nice, the bed was comfortable, the shower was good and powerful, and the soap in the bathroom smelled nice. That's probably about it.

Could I recommend it? For me, it worked out - I didn't check in until after 11 at night, and checked out again at 8 in the morning. But if I were in London for more than a day, I'd be fairly hacked off about spending time here. If you need to spend time in the City, don't like walking, are a bit skint, and don't want to do anything except sleep, then it might be for you. Otherwise, if you care about things like spending time in somewhere that's vaguely a nice place to be, forget it.

Room Tip: Well, I was in one on the third floor and it was hilariously tiny. Others, going by some of the imag...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank boygav
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am unsure of how you made your booking but it seems that you are not aware of the hotel concept and were expecting something different to what we provide. We take great care to be transparent on our website and other booking channels so I can only assume that you made the booking based on our competitive pricing without much prior research.
Your review confirms that we provided exactly what we say we will (and what we feel to be important): extremely clean rooms, a comfortable bed, a power shower, great customer service and all in a fantastic location in Central London.
We appreciate that the concept does not suit everybody but for those wishing to get a great night's sleep at an affordable price we do not disappoint.
Kind regards,
Elly Page - General Manager
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A very good hotel in central london, it is in a perfect location (only 5 minutes walk from liverpool street tube station and 5 minutes walk from spitalfields market where there are plenty of restaurants and bars) . The rooms are fairly small, but more than adequate for a short stay, the bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable. Friendly staff and good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind review.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and were overall pleased with our Limited Service. Our concept is all about providing clean rooms, great customer service and convenient location at affordable prices and it was good to read we have managed to provide you with it.
We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back once again.