“Clean, modern - ideal for an overnighter....”

Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
Ranked #355 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here because of going to a special dinner.

Our room was very clean and fresh with air-con, safe and a great modern shower room. It was very small. The hotel service us very good, helpful. A gorgeous garden is a real surprise too!

What let it down was there was no wardrobe or storage, just four hangers fixed in place in front of the long mirror - quite bizarre set up. I couldn't imagine staying here for more than say, 2 nights because of this.

Tube sell packages of different facilities in a very innovative way, so you buy what package you want/can afford. Not sure how many don't opt for towel option.

Room Tip: Double check what you get for your money...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Reviewer
I am pleased that you found our prime central location, with great transport links, so convenient for your stay. In order to offer the best prices to our guests we have several space-efficient features in our rooms. We target the traveller who would much rather spend their time and money out and about enjoying London than on hotel facilities and amenities which we deem unnecessary. It really makes all our efforts worthwhile when our guests are satisfied with the service we provide.
We hope to welcome you again to our hotel.
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,869)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is the third time I have stayed here. It is cheap, basic, but with an exceptionally comfortable bed (a bit small for two though), a good shower and is very clean. Extras are mostly add-ons, but that saves me money as I only use it for single overnight stays and don't need TV, wifi, etc. I prefer the windowless rooms as they are very quiet indeed once the trains have stopped running (around midnight). The staff have always been helpful and friendly to me and checking in and out is very quick. The pub next door is good for a few drinks and there are many many alternatives for eating within a few minutes.

Room Tip: Windowless are cheaper and quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
It is always very rewarding to hear from a returning guest. It is great to read that we impressed you consistently with our high standards of cleanliness, 5*beds, power shower and prime location. The add-on system allows us to keep our rates very competitive as you only pay for what you use. It was a great pleasure to read your comments about the staff.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The location between the overground and underground made getting here from London city airport and getting around London very easy. The pub next door is nice for a pint or two but Friday night can be a bit crowded. The pub closes at 11pm so noise was not an issue.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your review.
Our main aim is to offer clean and cleverly designed rooms in a safe and convenient location - all this at an affordable price and it is great to see that we achieved that for your stay. I am pleased that you found our prime central location, with great transport links, so convenient for your stay.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Most hotels nearby cost in excess of £200 per night - this one is signficantly less than that.

Basic and functional, but if all you need is somewhere to sleep and shower... what's not to like?

The plug socket by my bed was faulty - and dangerous. Which meant I could not plug in my iPad to charge. By then, it was late and I was already in bed - so I didn't go to reception. What would they have done, anyway?

When I mentioned it in the morning (room 130) they seemed to be well aware, and told me there were other plug sockets hidden in the fold down table.

1) It's no good if they're hidden - I didn't realise it was a table. And would have also been no good had I found it - as I wanted to watch things on my iPad while in bed.

2) I got no sense of confidence that they acknowledged the problem - and that it was dangerous. Guests are likely to try to force the plug, or use it with pins only partially in. I wonder if they will ensure it is fixed?

Beside that... hotel good!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am pleased that you found the hotel to be convenient, clean, comfortable and good value for money as these aspects are key to the Tune brand. Our add-on system allows guests to choose what they need and save on accommodation costs. We promptly addressed the maintenance issue upon your notification.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I tend to use one of the Tune Hotels whenever I come to London for business trips. They're not overpriced like most of the London hotels, and provide just the right level of facilities in good locations.

I've stayed at the Liverpool Street hotel a few times now, and have always been impressed by the staff. They're helpful and friendly. The last time, as I was leaving, I made a comment about the quality of the wi-fi connection. I wasn't expecting anything after that, so was very pleasantly surprised when I got an email from the manager picking up on the issue and making sure I was happy with the service.

Room Tip: The basement rooms are dark (good for sleeping), but you do get a bit of rumble from the nearby unde...

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am very pleased that you found us to be good value-for-money whilst still in a fantastic location be it for business or leisure visits Thank you for complementing our staff, as we take a great deal of pride in our service delivery and it is great to see that it is noticed and commented on. I am very proud of the fact that my team made you feel welcomed from the beginning and have assisted you.
Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to seeing you again for your next stay.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good location, clean and good value. Short walk from Liverpool Street station. Remember this is a new concept so you have to pay for towels, TV etc. Only draw back was lack of electric sockets in the room

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting a review.
I am very pleased that you found the hotel to be convenient, clean, comfortable and good value for money as these aspects are key to the Tune brand. Our add-on system allows guests to choose what they need and save on accommodation costs. We have 3 electric sockets in the room, located next to the bed and the folding table.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We chose Tune as have stayed at there other one in London and liked it very much.Only five minute walk from Liverpool St station,walk to Spitafeilds markets in three minutes,Brick Lane less than ten minutes,easy going,Tesco express at end of street for snacks and other goods,pubs,all there.The room was very clean,bathroom was very clean,the rooms may look small but have lots of storage under the double bed,as they are high,but not high that you need a ladder.The rooms have air con but some times you want a open window,you have one that's double glazed,and easy to open if needed.
The shower has good pressure and hot water.Love the Tune Hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a window and see London at night,as that's what your there for.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind review.
The limited service concept is new in the hospitality industry but it offers a great value for money especially with such a central location as ours. We are glad to receive such lovely comments about our clean rooms and power shower, as our main aim is to provide comfortable rooms in a good location at unbeatable prices.
Thank you for your recommendations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.