“Average pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love Italian food, particularly a good artisan pizza, so when I found this restaurant near my hotel I made a note to try it. Unfortunately La Fiamma fell well short of my standards. Everything about the place is average; it's more of a fast food joint with pretensions of grandeur than a proper restaurant. The pizzas just weren't up to scratch - the base was too firm, the tomato sauce was tasteless and the cheese wasn't great. The basil was a nice touch and was fresh and fragrant. Still, for £13.50, I expected much, MUCH more.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I've ate in many restaurants some classy some spit n sawdust but have in the main left full and satisfied with the food and service .
This time however we had a starter main coarse each and a bottle of wine he bill coming to almost £80
Food basic wine mediocre and service basic and left hungry. We told the waitress we thought it over rated on price and she didn't care in the slightest and from there on became cold and unfriendly towards us.
Never again and don't waste your time or money .

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had a great meal here on Sat 15 Feb. We were surprised by how quiet it was (our party of four and one other) at about 8pm on a Saturday. That did not lessen our enjoyment though. The food was authentic and excellent and the service great too.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Went there last night and it was absolute brilliant. The staff were polite, showed professionalism and were very atentive. Food was delicious and packed with flavours. Abit pricey but totally worth the price and experience.

1  Thank Teekhan
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. A busy Saturday night and they coped well with the service.

There were a couple of issues with the food. The calamari was a little overlooked and the chick was overlooked. Sawed my way through it. The sauce was lovely though, and the other meals at our table were all very good.