“Excellent Guide, Excellent Route”
Review of Green City Walks

Ranked #515 of 716 Tours in London
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Steve is an excellent guide and his knowledge of London is exceptional. We really enjoyed the London Olympic walk which also included a walk in the East End of London and along the canals of East London. Steve took the time to explain the historical relevance of the area and the environmental changes. My son is 15 years old and he really felt at home on this walk.

1  Thank Kittyathome
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I was looking for alternatives to London Walks and stumbled upon the website for Green City Walks. I emailed Steve Thomas about whether they ran in the post Christmas period and he answered very promptly. There is a range of walks with titles like Story of Tea in the City and Green City Lights. I did a Hidden Gardens of the City Walk on a Wednesday morning in late December. The meeting place was Royal Exchange tube and Steve was there before time (not always the case with guided walks). The walks cost 5 pounds with proceeds going to charity. There were only five of us on the walk on a mild day when it was a pleasure to linger over the gardens and other hidden sights Steve showed us -- the tower lived in by a reclusive millionaire, the oldest residential property in the city. We finished the walk at the Barbican Centre which despitev being ugly itself has lots of lovely gardens. I found this walk very good value and would recommend it, especially if you have seen the tourist sites and are looking for something different.

4  Thank turlough5