Kings Hotel
US$258
US$191
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We booked two days in this hotel and arrived to the room in the afternoon. It was covered with human hair everywhere and was not suitable/ sanitary to stay there. We then communicated this with the manager and he began to raise his voice at us. We then left to search for another hotel but they still charged us for 3 nights on the credit card without informing us. Take it from our experience and never go to this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont go here
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chrijans6
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this so called hotel for 4 nights and it was just disgusting. The doors were so thin and cheap that you could hear noises from outside all the time. Our window didn't even open but it didn't really close too well either since we were able to hear cars and laughter from the street all night long. The bed was old and half-broken, moving around was terribly noisy due to the old mattress. There were still traces from other guests in the toilet and the bathroom was a catastrophe - sink only big enough for washing hands (plus it was clogged by some cotton, presumably from other guests so we couldn't use it most of the time). The shower was extremely dirty with hairs inside, also we had to tuck the shower curtain aside because of mold. We were promised a "continental" breakfast and what we got made us quite angry so we didn't attend breakfast the other days. There were a couple of plastic bowls with marmelade, butter, one kind of cereal, an almost empty milk that was not cooled, some orange juice from the carton and no bread at all. The bowls were all very dirty so we lost our appetite anyway. The hotel owner had set up the table with plastic cutlery and cups so he wouldn't have to wash up. We're no TV-fans so we didn't care that the cable was broken, probably the TV would not have worked but we haven't tried to turn it on. Seriously, don't go there. It's not romantic, you can definitely not get intimate as a couple! Rather take a 8 bed dorm for the price, it must be better than this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Go in expecting the worst and you'll be able to cope. The room wasn't filthy or anything, just old and uncared for. Bathroom servicable and amazingly tiny. 'Twin' meant sleeping about 1 inch apart. Wouldn't have minded any of this but the door had a gap from the floor of at least an inch, meaning every bit of noise and cigarette smoke came through into our room. No towels on arrival but we did get some when we asked - luckily, as I ended up using one to block up the gap in the door!! No tea facilities either and we avoided the breakfast. Thankfully it was only a quick walk to the Eurostar.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bekajwp
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed here with a friend in early June for three nights. On arrival, the building was very clean and well presented and we were offered a choice of rooms. We opted for a twin room with ensuite on the second floor looking onto the square. The room and bathroom were small but clean. However, we found the room to be instantly noisy. The walls and floor are just so thin but this wasn't anything we couldn't deal with during the day as we were out. However, at night it got noisy with people walking around upstairs and the shower upstairs was noisy too. I couldn't decide if we were next to one of the rooms that the family live in as very early in the morning (half 5-6), there were doors banging shut nearby but of course, this could have been people getting early trains from Kings Cross or St Pancras, as both are within a 3 minute walk which is very convenient. I think we only made it to breakfast once as the times for when breakfast is served is very early, (which I have seen mentioned before), I think its until half 9 when until 10 would be better. It was a very basic breakfast of toast and cereal with tea, coffee and orange juice options and the breakfast room is down in the dark basement.

The reason I say it is between a Hotel and a Hostel is you get the feeling they have tried to get as many rooms in as possible and decorated them as cheaply as possible like you would get in a hostel but there is no kitchen to prepare meals yourself (there is a kitchen opposite reception/office but this is for the owners use but I don't think they would mind if you asked to use their microwave for other meals. Another reason why it is not quite a hotel is the breakfast. After we finished, we had to wash up our things ourselves, something I would not expect from a hotel.

Overall, if you just want somewhere to crash and are a heavy sleeper, I would recommend this property as it is cheap and clean and I would go there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2012

...but I got less. I stayed only one night with friends and booked a single room with shared bathroom. My friends had a double room ensuite.
My room was in the basement and had a little mit a prison atmosphere. The wood panelling contains only of wood plates, and there were a very big rupture next to the door.The bed was ok. the remote control was not for the tv but for a not existing dvd player and without batteries
The bathroom was next to my room and contains only a bath no shower or a showerhead, but it was clean.
The room of my friends was in the fourth floor and more friendly, but there was no elevator and the stairs were small and leaning.In the room you couldn´t close the window totally (outside under 5 °C). After complaining they promised to repair the window the next day, that didn´t happen.
Breakfast was awful. The breakfastroom was also in the basement and very hard to find. It contains several different tables and chairs (old cheap more like camping equipment). I got black!!! toast and only orange marmelade. Don´t look into the water cooker! The cutlery was disposable plastic cutlery.
The owner was friendly and lives with his family in the first floor. So you can hear children screaming the whole day. Although the hotel was labeled as non-smoker I could smell smoke from the "family room" very often.

Conclusion: I can´t believe that I paid 45 pounds for one night even in London. Next time I will stay again in a Youth Hostel, which is cheaper and better.

positive: