“Great square with enough establishments present”

Duke of York Square
Ranked #96 of 787 Shopping in London
Reviewed 31 December 2013

It was quite surprising to stumble onto this little area, but it was certainly a wonder as it was such a quaint little corner of London with enough shops and cafes to wander round, many of which are higher priced than usual but it's nice enough to look around. I liked the simplistic Christmas decorations that were up around the place, and imagine it to be quite appealing at night. I guess there isn't anything in particular I could think of going for, unless I wanted to visit the quite large Zara store!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Service hopeless. We chose a table outside and waited ages for the 2 waiting staff to realise we were there. Service sloppy and unthinking.

1  Thank louiseholistic
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Duke of York Square holds a farmers' market on saturdays. Unlike a classical market, the food is ready to eat / drink. Great French cheese are to be found next to a nice mango lassi - not to mention plenty of north-african, spanish, asiatic and other dishes from all over our small planet.
Being there at 11 am was good, filed up quickyl after 1pm.
Excellent before enjoying the new show at Saatchi Gallery around the corner.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

My favorite time of the week to visit Sloan Square is on Saturday morning. I usually use the subway (Royal Court underground station) or with good weather the bus (137, 19, 22, 452, 319, 211, 11 and 360) that allows me to enjoy the ride. After a couple of minutes walking along King's Road, I find the small farmers market at Duke of York Square. http://www.partridges.co.uk/foodmarket

As every Saturday since 2005 in the square are installed about 70 stalls with all kinds of gourmet products. One of my favorites is Rinha Holy Portuguese Food. It has delicious fruit jams and its bitter orange marmalade is the best I've tried.

With a wide variety of food to go, I usually buy some Nana Moroccan appetizers, Thai or Gourmet Falafel food. Without dismay, I move around the stalls looking for a piece of goat creamy cheese at the Neustift Dairy Goat Cheese, and above all, I look forward to eat a dozen oysters at the Maldon Oyster Company stand, accompanied by a glass of chilly white wine – feel like in heaven!!.

1  Thank alkuino
Reviewed 11 April 2013

on Saturday a variety of international food stalls. We had the duck sandwich with Hoi Sin sauce and an African patty. Delicious.