“Great Indian fare”
Review of Thali Restaurant

Thali Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Thali Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,217 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: POST CODE IS SW5 0BA I BELIEVE
London, United Kingdom
“Great Indian fare”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Nestled in Kensington, this restaurant had superb cuisine that's guaranteed to make you glow with the spicing and delight.

The curries are excellent and the pakora perfectly done. We had a wonderful evening, and the waiters were attentive and helpful. The decor was well done and the restaurant had an intimate yet elegant feel.

You should definitely give Thali a try!

1 Thank CS F

• Hebrew first
Fair Haven, New Jersey
“Solid Indian food with a couple issues”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The food was great. The service was not as friendly as most of the places we ate in London. The bill was hand written and NOT itemized. It just had a few numbers on it. We're a family of 6 so it should have had a bunch of items on it. I'm think it was accurate, but I couldn't be sure. Service was slower than you would expect for the number of staff and the number of patrons present when we ate there.

1 Thank Central_Jersey_NJ
Bethesda, Maryland
“Excellent Indian”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We love Indian and of course while in London you have to have Indian. We were staying near Earls Court, at the NH Kensington. The front desk recommended this place. It was about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. Well worth it! Small and intimate with a great vibe and excellent service. Our server, Amit, did a great job! We typically order Samosa's to start, Butter Chicken, Lamb Biryani, Chana Masala and Garlic Naan.

All of the dishes were EXCELLENT! All of the flavors were familiar but ever so different from what we experience in the States. Overall, the food was very good, the service was friendly and the atmosphere was intimate yet vibrant. We would highly recommend this place if you are staying near Earl's Court or South Kensington.

1 Thank DaveHRoe
Muscat, Oman
“Incredible Indian Food”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I love this place. The owner is always here to help you when ordering. He has helped us everhtime to make sure our meal is delightful. You must get the following:

fried baby spinach salad
Scallops
Lamb buriani

These are phenomenal. We also had the lamb kababs which were very good and the butter chicken.

The mood is great for a date.

1 Thank hmansouri
Cornwall
“Well worth a visit - one of the best ever!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Came here based on TA and I have to say I was not disappointed

It is an upmarket curry house make no mistake. The service was professional and cordial yet still welcoming - the setting was very pleasant and well laid out although it was a little dark downstairs and the ambient music unusual

The food was absolutely amazing! Some of the best Indian food I have ever eaten ever! The waiter explained they pride themselves on focusing on genuine Indian food as opposed to the more common curry house fare you could get anywhere across the UK, well I have never eaten in India but if all the food there is this good then I am heading east soon! ;)

The only downside, which appears to be a common theme is the bill gets quite high - £104 for 3 people + a £14 service charge left a bit of a bad taste in an otherwise perfect meal

Would I recommend/ come again? Yes I would - despite the price suffice to say I don't give top marks often - can't wait to come back, when I can afford it

2 Thank sdcsmith2000