“roof top lunch”

Ranked #223 of 1,211 Coffee & Tea in London
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Wow what a find lunch with my son and daughter in law superb we all had the risotto delicious and the house rose was excellent too will definately go back.

1  Thank Liland65

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was excited to visit after checking out the menu online and deciding to opt for the afternoon tea. We didn't have to queue for long and were shown to our table by a friendly waitress. I wasn't too keen on the location, it felt like you were on display for everybody to see what you were eating! I also wasn't overly impressed with the afternoon tea. The tea itself was good, but there wasn't much food! 4 finger sandwiches each, one small scone and one small pastry. For the price I would have expected slightly more even if the quality of the food was excellent.
I probably won't visit here again as I felt the value for money wasn't good enough.

2  Thank Teithwraig245
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you like to queue in a noisy department store for a cup of tea and a cake, this place is for you. The service is pleasant enough and being served proper leaf tea in a proper teapot is always a joy but my wife's strawberry tartlet did not taste of strawberry and the you needed a hammer and chisel to get through the pastry base.

Bettys Tea Rooms in Yorkshire is twice as good and half the price. You still have to queue but here it is worth the wait

1  Thank Philip N
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Having missed lunch by five I was in need of more than just a cup of tea and someone recommended Dolly's in Selfridges - perfect! Amazingly attentive service, excellent smoke salmon open sandwich and probably the best carrot cake I have ever eaten, and I have eaten many. This place makes shopping on Oxford Street worthwhile!

2  Thank AlisonAmahl
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was my fourth visit to Dolly's the previous three I would have said were great this time I was a little disappointed with the food the scones were a little crispy and the serving of clotted cream seems to have got rather small definitely not enough for two we were also given a slice of very dry chocolate cake instead of the two cakes that were stated on the menu I won't be going back

2  Thank Planky5220