“2nd time was a delightful surprise”
Review of Studios@82

Studios@82
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Studios@82
Ranked #241 of 860 Speciality Lodging in London
Almelo, The Netherlands
“2nd time was a delightful surprise”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Ebury street whilst on our 6 week holdiay through Europe. The first time we were on the top floor in a compact room. This time we stayed on the ground floor in room 22, which was great as we didnt need to haul or suitcases up the stairs. The room was huge with plenty of space the bathroom size was adaquete for our needs. I was worried about possible street noise that would make it harder to sleep but we didnt hear anything from the street. Staff as always very keen to help with directions and also any possible attractions that you may want to see. Would definatley recommend this and see if you can get room 22
We were also able to store a suitcase in 66 ebury the night before our arrival which was fantastic.

Room Tip: Try to get room 22 at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank shazzab333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sandpoint, Idaho
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I booked 6 nights here after the rave reviews on Trip Advisor. The location is good, close to Victoria coach station and underground. The room was so small that the table could not be used without blocking the tiny alcove which served to house the microwave and fridge as well as the door. The room, in general, was dirty. The blanket was dirty. The pillowcase had white stains. The floor had not been cleaned and there were ants feasting on the food and drippings on the carpet. Ants were on the bed and one bit me on the shoulder. The management's solution to this was to put ant traps on the floor rather than clean the carpet of the food. It was my 40th wedding anniversary, and I wanted everything to be perfect, so you can imagine my disappointment. After 3 days and repeated complaints, we were moved to the B & B Belgravia, which, by luck, had a cancellation. What a difference! My advice: Book the B & B Belgravia. Avoid the studios.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Badsneakers08

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed at the Studios@ 82 for 3 nights in June. We were a little skeptical about what we might find after the mixed reviews. As it turned out, we were very happy with the accommodations. The room (#25) was small, but adequate for the two of us. Loved the towel warmer in the bathroom. The Studios@82nd are located on a very quiet street just a short walk from Victoria Station. The location couldn't be better. The staff were very helpful and having a microwave, and fridge with cereal, milk, juice, fruit, bottled water, cheese, bread, jam and yogurt each day helped us save money on food. The stairs are steep so keep that in mind when hauling luggage, but the staff helped us up the stairs when we arrived. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Speechmom56
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Considering the high price (>200 £ per night for the big studio), the quality of the room itself is quite low. The terrace door was broken and could not be opened - this could not be fixed during our stay. The provided breakfast in the fridge consisted of toast, butter and marmelade as well as orange juice and water. We decided to go to a breakfast bar nearby. The windows could not be closed so we had a fresh chill all the time and the cars from the street did not make sleeping easy. On the positive side, the location is good and the neighbourhood provides some decent restaurants and bars. Would not stay there again unless travelling in a group of three of four people.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

With four days on my own before doing a country hop, I was concerned that my opting for a studio apartment at cheap hotel rates might get me just that, a cheap hotel. What I was presented with when I made it up the four flights of stairs was a spotless, renovated, comfortable studio under the roof of 82 Ebury Street. It was whisper quiet and clean in my little studio, the fridge was stacked with breakfast goodies - much more than I had hoped for, and the staff had even carried my bags up for me. The bed was comfortable and though I was a bit shocked at no mattress cover when I pulled back the duvet, it was quickly remedied by the staff and I had no other reason for complaint. The location is convenient to the station and coach station and a pleasant walk round the front of the palace and through Hyde Park to all the action of Piccadilly. I would certainly stay here again in preference to staying in a hotel. The extra space and the ability to prepare a little food yourself is a great benefit if you are going to be away from home for a while.

Room Tip: Staff are more than happy to show you the rooms. Ask the, if you are wanting to have a look before y...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank parispugs
Redding, California
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We 6 women rented 3 rooms in the B and B Belgravia Studios@82 in mid June for 5 nights. I have stayed in the regular B&B in the past and loved it, but they were booked this visit. The location near Victoria Station and the Coach Station is ideal -- somewhat quiet street and easy walking distance to the Thames, Westminster Abbey, good pubs, etc. Our rooms were far from spacious, though they were clean and adequate. The bathrooms have been renovated recently and were clean and efficient. I was disappointed with the "kitchen" however -- it looks nothing like the spacious room with stove, sink, etc., that is shown on their website. Each of us had a small alcove with a crammed shelf top. Below were some supplies and a small refrigerator. The provided breakfast wasn't what I hoped for. The fruit tended to be overripe, the bread from a packaged loaf was placed by hand in plastic wrap, the cereal was pre-sweetened, and the "pastries" and bits of cheese were store-bought plastic-wrapped. Other than that, we were able to brew coffee in a French press, and boxes of juice and yogurt were provided. I would stay at the B and B again, but probably not the studios.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan2009
Cowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Good sized room with comfortable bed; kitchen area with microwave and ensuite. Can be a little noisy if you leave the window open. However its location and general comfort at a good price (for London) makes it a good option. I enjoyed the continental breakfast - ceraeal (including Weetabix) yoghourt, toast & jam and croissants. Alosu a supply of cheese and fruit drinks. Unusual ti get a supply of fresh coffee and cafetierre in your room. You can also use the lounge aat 66 Ebury Street and get a good cappucino there. The staff were very helpful. One of my better stays.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 26. 2nd floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business