“Fantastic”

Saf Kensington
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Visited SAF on random trip to wholefoods. Menu was varied and I indulged in sweet potato rice dumplings and a tofu wrap. Delicious and delightful staff. Will definitely be back

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I headed to Saf on the recommendation of a friend that has coeliac disease and with another gluten-free foodie. Despite being a ravenous carnivore I was pleasantly surprised by the menu and the dishes and would certainly return.

We booked a table and received a giggle when we called to say we were delayed - we soon found out that there were plenty of tables so we needn't have bothered. I didn't know when booking that it was in th Whole goods store and it was a disappointment to realise it was because it is obviously in the food court although well cordoned off from the main area to be fair.

Service was nothing special - perfunctory but swift (as one would expect when much of the food is raw). We shared a selection of dishes - dumplings, teriyaki skewers, rainbow quinoa salad and massaman curry. All good fare and the sort of food us non veggies say 'I'd be vegetarian if I could eat like this every day".

Reasonable price too - just under £50 for two without wine (sampling around six dishes).

Worth a visit if you are in the area and want a decent lunch, not somewhere for an occasion though.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

GROUPON offered a £13.00 for a 2 course meal/1big glass of wine. (they were out of white but I loved the dry red wine) I booked 12,30 as I went alone and enjoyed the empty place but by 13.00 (1 o clock) the sparse furniture room filled up. A lovely EU young lady served me, so polite and attentive and offered suggestions. I ordered starter which was delicious but not enough food for me.so tasty and the biscuits were very seedy. The next course was curry -creamy with mango/aubergine and tofu so divine I loved it. no idea how to eat this meal in 2 bowls on wood with chop stick) but I did it my way and sat watching Kensington from a window at peace. I noticed that the menu was especially done for GROUPON (I suppose to make profit!) but 2 choices of each was perfect for me.. 2 slices of bread would have been good and a little more food for me. I think £13.00 was ok but not to pay anymore unless the portions were bigger some more mango in the curry but I would go back as I did feel satisfied and had good time as I was left alone to enjoy and think. The service was 100% excellent. yes, I will be returning, it is healthy and tasty and no frills...just wholesome food-perfect. I did not peruse the main menu.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Went to Saf on a Tuesday with the two courses, two glasses of wine for two people for £25 groupon voucher. Restaurant looks like its in a department store but still comfortable. I had the aubergine stack for starters. Wasn't impressed. It was 3 slices of aubergine swimming in soy sauce ad some chilli. My boyfriend had the cashew cheese. This was just ok. I asked for some bread which consisted of 2 triangles of bread, one which looked like it was from the end of the loaf. £1.50 for half a slice of bread!?! Erm.. no thank you! Complete rip off! I asked the waiter to take it back as I thought it was not worth it. He said sorry and came back with 4 triangles of bread. A bit better but still think it was way over priced. For our main we both had the massaman curry with wild rice which we both thought was really, really good. Lovely flavours and very filling. The wine that came with the voucher was really nice too.
Overall starters were not very impressive but the main course made up for it. Services was quick and efficient and very good value for money with the voucher, would not pay full price though.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

When in London recently, traveling with a friend who has to eat gluten-free meals, I hesitated when she suggested this "raw" food restaurant in the Whole Foods Complex. But it became one of our favorite places that week.On one occasion, I had the Massaman Curry and it was delicious--rich sauce with lovely veggies and lychees, served with brown and black rice. My friend had lasagna, which is not "raw" noodles, but layers of zucchini and vegetables with dairy-free cheese. On another occasion we had the Asian Buckwheat Salad which was pretty good. although not the best I have eaten. We also had beautiful salads and some spectacular desserts. The menu changes daily. The ambiance is contemporary, bright and airy, and we could not have had better service.