“Food is deliciously good - the service ...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Saf Kensington
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
London, United Kingdom
“Food is deliciously good - the service ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Gluten-Free and Vegan - prepared to perfection with the most modest cooking to preserve the nutrients. The flavours are so delicious and healthy for you, you can taste the fresh goodness.
Loved everything, but the service, I was shocked such heavenly goodness was served without a smile, it surely most have been a bad day for the server. I even shared my comments about the need for friendly serve, seemingly the manager didn't get it. Okay ... you'd think heavenly foods could be served with a soulful smile ...

Visited October 2013

Majorca, Spain
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

One of the worst vegan restaurant in London!
prices are too high and service is slow and no efficient.
I have asked twice to a waiter (maybe he was the manager) and he couldn't give me the informations about my food that i have ordered.
Cocktails were so good...but it's not enough,nex time i will go just for a drink.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
limerick
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Visited SAF on random trip to wholefoods. Menu was varied and I indulged in sweet potato rice dumplings and a tofu wrap. Delicious and delightful staff. Will definitely be back

• Visited October 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty food for even for carnivores!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I headed to Saf on the recommendation of a friend that has coeliac disease and with another gluten-free foodie. Despite being a ravenous carnivore I was pleasantly surprised by the menu and the dishes and would certainly return.

We booked a table and received a giggle when we called to say we were delayed - we soon found out that there were plenty of tables so we needn't have bothered. I didn't know when booking that it was in th Whole goods store and it was a disappointment to realise it was because it is obviously in the food court although well cordoned off from the main area to be fair.

Service was nothing special - perfunctory but swift (as one would expect when much of the food is raw). We shared a selection of dishes - dumplings, teriyaki skewers, rainbow quinoa salad and massaman curry. All good fare and the sort of food us non veggies say 'I'd be vegetarian if I could eat like this every day".

Reasonable price too - just under £50 for two without wine (sampling around six dishes).

Worth a visit if you are in the area and want a decent lunch, not somewhere for an occasion though.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“"please SAF can I have some more?"......delicious unusual food***”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

GROUPON offered a £13.00 for a 2 course meal/1big glass of wine. (they were out of white but I loved the dry red wine) I booked 12,30 as I went alone and enjoyed the empty place but by 13.00 (1 o clock) the sparse furniture room filled up. A lovely EU young lady served me, so polite and attentive and offered suggestions. I ordered starter which was delicious but not enough food for me.so tasty and the biscuits were very seedy. The next course was curry -creamy with mango/aubergine and tofu so divine I loved it. no idea how to eat this meal in 2 bowls on wood with chop stick) but I did it my way and sat watching Kensington from a window at peace. I noticed that the menu was especially done for GROUPON (I suppose to make profit!) but 2 choices of each was perfect for me.. 2 slices of bread would have been good and a little more food for me. I think £13.00 was ok but not to pay anymore unless the portions were bigger some more mango in the curry but I would go back as I did feel satisfied and had good time as I was left alone to enjoy and think. The service was 100% excellent. yes, I will be returning, it is healthy and tasty and no frills...just wholesome food-perfect. I did not peruse the main menu.

• Visited September 2013