St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
6,103 results
All reviewswestminster abbeycaxton grillnew scotland yardjames parkbeautiful hotelbig benjames tube stationlondon eyest jamesafternoon teafamily roomperfect locationconcierge staffjunior suitelondon hotelquiet streetrooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We stayed at the refurbished St Ermin's, having only stayed there before the redecoration had taken place. The room was comfortable and beautifully furnished, lovely and clean and we thoroughly enjoyed this aspect of it. Good location. Not much space for toiletries and the shower was not as powerful as we expected. Staff were helpful and the Porter in particular was most helpful with our luggage and advice generally about the area. There has been much care taken in the refurbishment to ensure that the original character of the hotel is maintained whilst giving it a more modern feel.
Our only disappointment was the full English breakfast that was served with really fatty streaky bacon and an uninspiring sausage, and we left feeling the food could have been so much more enjoyable.
We would return to the hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your fantastic comments about the look and feel of our newly refurbished hotel. We had spent a long time with our interior designers to highlight the intricate details of the grand interior whilst supplying our guests with the best modern amenities and facilities as possible.
I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast. I say this as we spent equally as long with the look and feel of our hotel as we have done sourcing great suppliers. We have sourced our sausages from Pugh’s Piglets, a family run business who have been supplying top quality meat for 40 years.
I am happy to read that you will be returning to our hotel and hope you will visit us again soon,

Reviewed 4 July 2011

my wife and i stayed here for one night when we went to the theatre. we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary . we were upgraded to a suite which was superb quiet and spacious. the staff were all very pleasant and friendly ,breakfast was an extremely relaxed affair going on until midday on saturday if you wished. the building is very grand tucked away and allows for peace and quiet. would love to go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wingman58
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Dear Sir,
Firstly, congratulations on your 30th wedding anniversary!
I am so happy that you and your wife chose to stay here and had such an enjoyable and relaxed time at St.Ermin’s.
We are very fortunate to be in such a good position as we right in the heart of the city, yet neatly tucked away from the busy streets.
Thank you also for giving us top marks on the rating board and we very much hope that you will return soon,

Kind regards
Douglas McHugh,

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Really enjoyed my three nightnstay and really can't say anything bad about the staff who were very pleasant and helpful. But... Really,how can a quality (and not cheap) hotel ask customers to pay £12 a day for wifi when the cafe down the road provides it for free?
My only downside was the the bathroom, though big, was a little strangely designed. I had to strerch one metre from the edge of the bath to the towel rail. Also there was little shelving in the bathroom for things like a toilet bag etc and worst of all, the water pressure was very poor both in the shower and in the toilet which was very inconvenient to say the least. Hopefully this problems will be addressed.
Still would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Sir,
It means a lot to me that you really enjoyed your three night stay and that you found my team to be helpful and pleasant.
Regarding the wi-fi, I do understand that many cafes supply free internet, however by charging for this extra service we are in keeping with the current trend as with other hotels.
The water pressure has now been increased and I can assure you that all the issues you have raised will be addressed.
I am happy that you will be recommending us to others and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

I stayed here with my company for a conference for 2 nights. The room was lavish , very comfortable, beds super comforatable, modern furniture partially undergoing reonovation. The room was large. huge swing out plasma on the wall, nice shower. We had occassion to get to a meeting for 08:30 on the first day. I turned up for breakfast at 08:00. When i arrived several of my colleagues had been waiting some time. There was about 10 of us in breakfast and there were ample staff, probably about six i saw. I was lucky to get a cup of coffee and i didnt even get my order taken = result 3-4 people had no breakfast - the staff were completely unable to supply a timely breakfast. The next day due to issues the day before we arranged a buffet style in another room, this was also a disaster, food lukewamr items missing lack of attentiveness.

On the plus this hotel is in the centre exactly where you want to be and there are smiles and excellent greeting services.

Ah yes you might think you've paid enough at £200/night - Wrong WiFi = £12/night

Room Tip: Have a look first?
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your compliments regarding our hotel, it is a real pleasure to know that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and were impressed by the size and space of the rooms.
We apologise that your breakfast service was not satisfactory. You will see that our restaurant, the Caxton Grill, is now open and we will be able to deal with breakfasts in a much more efficient manner.
On another note, I am glad to see that your company will be back and we look forward to welcoming you on your return in September.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Bed was very comfy, bathroom perfect except for the tiny shelf which was a little on the high side. Nice big TV and a pleasant change to have european electrical sockets available.
Housekeeping could have been a little more prompt, our room wasn't cleaned until 6pm and the ' soft opening' meant an early awakening by the builders. Overall a very pleasant stay and once the teething problems are sorted out we'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

Dear Madam,

We are really happy that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and that the room was to your satisfaction. We try to make our guest’s stay as well catered for as possible and that is why we feel it is important to look at the small things- like having European electrical sockets available.
The building work will be over very soon and I am really glad that you will be returning.

Kind regards