“Absolutely amazing”

Ranked #75 of 1,069 Hotels in London
fourinourfamily2010
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Have just returned from a three night stay with my husband and two children. You are treated like an old friend from the minute you arrive unitl the moment you leave. The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

The public rooms in the hotel are amazing and the bedrooms are extremely well appointed. The only meal we ate was the continental breakfast, but even that was very substantial.

You could not ask for a better location. Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square are all only a short walk away.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody, old or young, single or families.

Have already booked to stay again in October!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank fiveinourfamily2010
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am so happy that you found my team so friendly and engaging. We pride ourselves on making our guests feel at home and from reading your comments I feel we may have exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for your great feedback regarding our interior, bedrooms and location and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in October!

Warmest regards
Douglas McHugh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Staff is more than courteous. Great location. Excellent services and accommodations. We had the best time of our lives. Would stay there again in a hear beat. Wish we could come back next year. Book it now.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alyson A
Dear Madam,
Your review is wonderful- I am sincerely overjoyed by the fact that you had the best time of your lives and it is reviews like this that make me proud to be working at St.Ermin’s and with such a strong team!
I really hope you will be able to return to us one day and thank you again for the fantastic endorsement of our hotel.
Warmest regards
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The hotel was renovated in Spring 2011 and the result is an absolutely marvelous hotel experience. Right in the heart of London sightseeing, the St. Ermin's hotel has wonderful public spaces and immaculate, well-appointed rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. What a great place to stay - and the promotion rate we were able to get for the end of July was a terrific value. I'll stay here again when I return to London.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Vicki B
Dear Madam,
Thank you for such a superb review. It is uplifting to hear that your experience at our hotel surpassed your expectations and that on that basis you will be returning to stay with us again. My team have been chosen for their warmth and friendliness and I am glad they were able to help you to enjoy your time at the hotel. The spotlessness of the rooms is all thanks to my conscientious housekeeping team, and I shall pass your review on to them immediately.
Kind regards
Halifax UK
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Totally refurbished to a very high standard. The rooms are well equiped if a little small. All in all great luxury venue.

Don't bother with the English breakfast option though, it is not worth the extra cost as the continental option is vast.

Staff were helpful if a little slow at times.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeTHalifax
Dear Sir,
I am glad to know that you were happy with the high standard of the refurbishment and that the amenities were to your liking. Regarding your bedroom, we do have different room categories and if you were to visit us again, may I recommend one of our deluxe or executive rooms which are larger and may be better suited to your requirements?
The breakfasts have proven very popular in our new restaurant and I am glad you were satisfied with the continental option.
Best regards
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Recently renovated, can't be beat for a stay with the family. Our family of 6 stayed in two delightful, freshly appointed rooms each with two beds and TWO baths. The extra bath was wonderful for keeping a family on a tight schedule of getting out the door, to bed, etc. all at one time. The location was fantastic. A few blocks away from Westminster Abbey, walking distance to the London Eye, a block from the Underground. The # 24 bus stops jut a block away and will take you to the Trafalgar and Leicester Square areas in ten minutes for a large variety of good shops and restaurants. The staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel was spotlessly clean. You are across the street from New Scotland yard, so needless to say, an incredibly safe neighborhood! If I had but one word against the place, it's that breakfast cost 30 GBP (almost $50, or $300 for a family of six). Maybe I just had US$/GBP sticker shock, but that was just too much for our budget, so we solved it by going to a variety of cafes or bakeries within a block and bought a coffee or juice, plus a pastry for 30 GBP for the whole family! But it was great to have so many nice clean take away venues to use this option.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank FarmerBen_61
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Dear Sir,
Your positive review is a delight to read. Our design team put a lot of thought into the family rooms but we didn’t realise how popular they were going to become! I am really happy that you found the two bathrooms so useful and the rooms to your liking.
Our continental breakfast is £19.00 and our Full English Breakfast including juices/ coffee is £24. I realise with a large family costs do mount up, but we also have a ‘Wake and Take’ breakfast option which you might wish to try next time, whereby you can have a coffee and fresh muffin for just £5.00.
I shall pass on your great comments about the high cleanliness to my house-keeping team who do a fantastic job making sure the hotel is spotless and I hope that you and your family will choose to stay with us again,
Kind regards
Port Rowan
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This was our first trip to London and although it was difficult to choose a hotel I am glad we chose to stay at the recently renovated St. Ermin's Hotel. The room was very comfortable, staff were terrific - loved the door man with his hat and tails. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The side gardens are a nice touch and beautifully done. The hotel is in walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Churchill War Rooms, Big Ben, St James Park as well as St. James tube station.
Loved our stay and we'll be back soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hethur
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your shining review and for awarding us with top marks for value, sleep quality, cleanliness and service. It is pleasing to know you were impressed by my team and I am really glad they were able to help you have an enjoyable stay.
We very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards
northampton
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed in this beautiful hotel - sadly just one night! When we arrrived we were greeted by very helpful staff who immediately made us feel welcome. As soon as we got to our room we were thrilled - it looked even more beautiful than the pictures and was very cosy. The bed and TV were huge and everything in the room iImmaculate - we honestly couldnt find fault! The only thing I will say is that the bathroom was not massive. Obviously the Hotel has recently been renovated and so everything is just perfect and the attention to detail from the clearning to the food presentation was spot on. I'm a total perfectionist but really struggled to think of any negative comments to make. The only negative thing I would say is that you have to pay extra if you want a cooked breafkast, but to be honest there's such a great selction of food in the morning that I wouldnt bother - you really will be spoilt for choice! In terms of the restaurant (which is beautiful)- again you order a main but then have to pay extra for veg/sides which you would normally expect to come with the dinner. The hotel is quite continental and as a result the food reflects this. In terms of the location - prefect and just around the corner from the tube. We will definately be visiting this Hotel again in the future. Anyone that is lucky enough to visit will not be dissapointed!..an absolute jewel!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank chrissieNorthampton
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
Dear Madam,

Wow! Thank you for such an incredible review- you have made my day! I am very happy that you were so impressed with the hotel and my team and it’s really good to know that we surpassed your expectations.
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and I hope that when you come back you will be able to stay a little longer.

Kindest regards