“Luxurious Oasis in the heart of the city”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #80 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We had a disastrous stay at St Ermins back in October 2010 before the renovations. Due to the excellent location and the attentive service we received from the staff we decided to give it another try am I'm pleased to say we've just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable 2 night stay.
Our friends were upgraded to an executive room (No.105), we had a standard room. The executive room was considerably bigger with a seating area of sofa and easy chair, their bathroom was also quite a bit larger but I must say our standard room was perfectly adequate and the beautiful quality of the fixtures and fittings was the same in both rooms.
The bed was extremely comfortable and luxurious, the bath towels white and fluffy and the White Company toiletries yummy!
We had continental breakfast, there was a good selection of high quality food well presented. The waiting staff especially Mazi were very attentive and friendly as were all the staff.
It's a perfect location within the heart of Westminster, The Abbey, Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, 10 Downing Street and the London Eye were easily walkable, for sights further afield St James tube station was a two minute walk away, we also felt extremely safe with Scotland Yard on the doorstep.
There are plenty of pubs and eateries in close proximity so no need to venture too far away from the hotel on an evening if you don't want to.
All in all the hotel refurbishment has totally transformed St Ermins, I would have no hesitation in recommending it to other travellers and it will definately be our number one choice of destination when next staying in London.

Room Tip: If space is a high priority then opt for an executive room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank diytours

Reviewed 15 August 2011

It is an old hotel, which has been nicely refurbished, while keeping the charm of the old style. Rooms are clean and quiet.
Pity the front garden was being repaved, which made the entrance look lake a wharf. This is, of course, only a temporary downside.
Reception personell was friendly and helpful. WiFi was very unreliable with several dropouts.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,
Our design team spent a lot of time on making sure the interior of the hotel reflected the glamour of the traditional whilst creating a new, fresh look and I am glad you like the style and charm they have created.
Please be assured that the repaving of the driveway has now been completed and all Wi-Fi issues have been resolved.
I shall pass on your warm comments to my reception team and I hope you will come back to St.Ermin’s one day soon.
Best regards

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Have just returned from a three night stay with my husband and two children. You are treated like an old friend from the minute you arrive unitl the moment you leave. The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

The public rooms in the hotel are amazing and the bedrooms are extremely well appointed. The only meal we ate was the continental breakfast, but even that was very substantial.

You could not ask for a better location. Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square are all only a short walk away.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody, old or young, single or families.

Have already booked to stay again in October!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank fiveinourfamily2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am so happy that you found my team so friendly and engaging. We pride ourselves on making our guests feel at home and from reading your comments I feel we may have exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for your great feedback regarding our interior, bedrooms and location and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in October!

Warmest regards

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Staff is more than courteous. Great location. Excellent services and accommodations. We had the best time of our lives. Would stay there again in a hear beat. Wish we could come back next year. Book it now.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alyson A

Dear Madam,
Your review is wonderful- I am sincerely overjoyed by the fact that you had the best time of your lives and it is reviews like this that make me proud to be working at St.Ermin’s and with such a strong team!
I really hope you will be able to return to us one day and thank you again for the fantastic endorsement of our hotel.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 11 August 2011

The hotel was renovated in Spring 2011 and the result is an absolutely marvelous hotel experience. Right in the heart of London sightseeing, the St. Ermin's hotel has wonderful public spaces and immaculate, well-appointed rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. What a great place to stay - and the promotion rate we were able to get for the end of July was a terrific value. I'll stay here again when I return to London.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki B

Dear Madam,
Thank you for such a superb review. It is uplifting to hear that your experience at our hotel surpassed your expectations and that on that basis you will be returning to stay with us again. My team have been chosen for their warmth and friendliness and I am glad they were able to help you to enjoy your time at the hotel. The spotlessness of the rooms is all thanks to my conscientious housekeeping team, and I shall pass your review on to them immediately.
Kind regards

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Totally refurbished to a very high standard. The rooms are well equiped if a little small. All in all great luxury venue.

Don't bother with the English breakfast option though, it is not worth the extra cost as the continental option is vast.

Staff were helpful if a little slow at times.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeTHalifax

Dear Sir,
I am glad to know that you were happy with the high standard of the refurbishment and that the amenities were to your liking. Regarding your bedroom, we do have different room categories and if you were to visit us again, may I recommend one of our deluxe or executive rooms which are larger and may be better suited to your requirements?
The breakfasts have proven very popular in our new restaurant and I am glad you were satisfied with the continental option.
Best regards

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Recently renovated, can't be beat for a stay with the family. Our family of 6 stayed in two delightful, freshly appointed rooms each with two beds and TWO baths. The extra bath was wonderful for keeping a family on a tight schedule of getting out the door, to bed, etc. all at one time. The location was fantastic. A few blocks away from Westminster Abbey, walking distance to the London Eye, a block from the Underground. The # 24 bus stops jut a block away and will take you to the Trafalgar and Leicester Square areas in ten minutes for a large variety of good shops and restaurants. The staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel was spotlessly clean. You are across the street from New Scotland yard, so needless to say, an incredibly safe neighborhood! If I had but one word against the place, it's that breakfast cost 30 GBP (almost $50, or $300 for a family of six). Maybe I just had US$/GBP sticker shock, but that was just too much for our budget, so we solved it by going to a variety of cafes or bakeries within a block and bought a coffee or juice, plus a pastry for 30 GBP for the whole family! But it was great to have so many nice clean take away venues to use this option.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank FarmerBen_61
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Dear Sir,
Your positive review is a delight to read. Our design team put a lot of thought into the family rooms but we didn’t realise how popular they were going to become! I am really happy that you found the two bathrooms so useful and the rooms to your liking.
Our continental breakfast is £19.00 and our Full English Breakfast including juices/ coffee is £24. I realise with a large family costs do mount up, but we also have a ‘Wake and Take’ breakfast option which you might wish to try next time, whereby you can have a coffee and fresh muffin for just £5.00.
I shall pass on your great comments about the high cleanliness to my house-keeping team who do a fantastic job making sure the hotel is spotless and I hope that you and your family will choose to stay with us again,
Kind regards