“Good all round”

Ranked #77 of 1,089 Hotels in London
berkshire
“Good all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel and have absolutely no complaints. Not a usual choice for us, but we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff were great from meeting us at the car at check in to saying goodbye at check out. Highly recommended

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,
We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and thank you for giving St.Ermin’s top marks regarding service, rooms, cleanliness and value. We are always happy when we go beyond our guest’s expectations and thank you for your very positive feedback.
Kind regards
Douglas McHugh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,043)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Aston Clinton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have just returned from an overnight stay at St Ermin's Hotel, we visited London for my 30th birthday. On arrival we had been upgraded to a suite by Senior Duty Manager Soyful Alam, our suite was beautiful. The hotel has recently been refurbished, and all the finishing touches are to a very high standard. The bed was enormous and very comfortable, the shower was also huge. We decided to have breakfast sent to our room and it arrived exactly at the time requested and was lovely. The hotel is right next to St James's tube station so is not hard to find at all. The staff were all extremely polite and helpful, I would love to visit again and would not hesitate to recommend St Ermin's Hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam,
Firstly let me say a big “Happy Birthday!” I hope that you had a fantastic 30th and celebrated in style. Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we always aim to make our guests feel special and it sounds as though you had a very pleasant stay with us.
Thank you for recommending us to others- happy guests make the world go round!
Many happy returns,
Arlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

A truly wonderful hotel- charming, well-located, comfortable, and a fantastic staff.

My family and I stayed here for a week recently while on a business trip/vacation. We arrived early one Saturday morning and were greeted by a very friendly staff who told us a room was available immediately.

Our room was an family room with two queen beds and two bathrooms. There was a decent desk where I could work, plenty of space for bags, clothes, and the miscellaneous items we collected over the course of the week. Beds were extremely comfortable and the hotel is exceptionally quiet. My only nitpick is the showers- bathtubs with handheld shower sprays. Given that there were two full baths in the room, I would have preferred one to be a standup shower. Again, truly a nitpicky comment.

For the business traveler- there is a very handy power strip at the desk with both European and American power options. There is wifi throughout the hotel (but no wired ethernet). Wifi is standard priced (60 GBP for the week). The only downside is that if you're a multi-device family - each device can login at any one time.

Breakfast was served every morning in the Caxton Grill- a very good assortment of fruit, yogurt, cereal, breads, and hot breakfast options. The staff in the restaurant were incredibly attentive and friendly.

Overall, the hotel is beautiful. A stunning entry-driveway. A beautiful lobby that you just want to lounge in while reading a book. The staff is amazing- Lee the concierge was great with our kids, but everyone we spoke to was wonderful.

Location is excellent for tourists and business travelers. Westminster Abbey is nearby as is Buckingham Palance and St. James Park. For business travelers, the St. James tube stop is around the corner and multiple busses stop nearby.

2 Thank Adam M
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing and in-depth review, it really does help others when one of our guests go out of their way to post a review on Trip Advisor and I can see that you travel a great deal, so thank you. I am over-the-moon to read that you felt so comfortable in the large family rooms and that you felt my team to be warm and friendly, which they are becoming renowned for!
We hope that you and your family will return to St.Ermin’s again one day,
Best regards,
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 11 nights. The hotel succeeds in providing the service of a privately owned hotel with all the conveniences of a modern city hotel. The room we had was Queen pPus and was extremely comfortable and very well appointed with every available space used for storage and comfort. t was unbelievably quiet overlooking the courtyard-able to sleep soundly on arrival from Canada in the middle of the day. It is central to Tube, river boat, bus, especially bus 24 which takes you everywhere!!!

Most of all I applaud the service offered by the lobby staff. We knew where we wanted to go but they were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful (helped my husband replace screw on galsses). I wish the hotel well but don't become too popular as we may not be able to afford another visit.

I hope all the lobby staff get duties during the stay of the Brazilian Beach volley Ball team in July. Thank you

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bordertart
Dear Madam,
What a splendid review, thank you! I shall pass on your kind comments to concierge, who are indeed very friendly and I am glad they were able to help. I hope you had a pleasant trip back to Canada and we hope to look after you and your husband again in the near future,
With best wishes from London,
Peterborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

After a busy morning in the local area, we visited here for afternoon tea. Although we changed our reservation time, it was not a problem for staff.
Service was exceptional; a leisurely afternoon of perfection.
Good locality to transport links.
Definitely a place we will revisit when we are in London again.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Wow, thank you! We strive for excellence in our service, but I am delighted to read that my team were exceptional! You have made my day. We hope that you will return soon and perhaps sample our menu at the Caxton Grill on your next visit?
Warm regards,
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and I recently took our two sons to London for their first trip to Europe and stayed at St. Ermin's Hotel. It is perfectly located just around the corner from Buckingham Palace and a few steps away from the St. James tube station. The lobby is gorgeous, the restaurant is great and the rooms are sparklingly clean and while a bit small, quite comfortable.
It is the service, however, that makes this hotel so special. From the moment we arrived to our final goodbyes, the staff treated us more like old friends than simply hotel guests. Everyone made an effort to make a connection with us.
Head consierge Lee Wood and his staff were especially helpful finding us hard-to-get theater tickets, giving us detailed directions to sites we were interested in seeing, answering our endless questions and going above and beyond anything we could have expected in terms of service.
For instance, one morning I inquired about getting dinner on Brick Lane. Lee Wood not only recommended a perfect restaurant for our family, but he also printed out a menu for us. But that's not all. That evening he had his car ready to drive us all to Brick Lane. He said it was on his way home and wouldn't even accept a tip. It was a memorable gesture that I'm sure my sons will be retelling for years to come.
St. Ermin's is a great hotel in a great location, but it is our connection to Lee Wood and all the employees there that we will remember and will keep us going back.

2 Thank Ellen R
Dear Madam,
It warms my heart to read your review. Head Concierge Lee Wood certainly is a gentleman and he has been known to go out of his way to help our guests, I am glad that he was able to deliver exceptional service for you and your family; there’s nothing quite like being shown a great Brick Lane restaurant by a genuine Eastender!
Lee has asked me to pass on a big “Hello” to your sons (and will be forwarding the special ingredients to you as promised!)
Kindest regards,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I got the chance to stay at the St Ermin's Hotel for a week while travellling on business. Just a great overall experience. Rooms were comfortable, great location, and I liked the restaurant and bar. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business