“Wonderful, Just, Wonderful”

Ranked #79 of 1,063 Hotels in London
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful, Just, Wonderful”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This hotel is wonderful and, the service is wonderful, and the staff are friendly. If I could, I would give it 999 stars! Always stay here if you're staying in London! SO Unlike Novotel.....

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,048)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
cornwall
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was impressed with this hotel from my immediate arrival to the time left, the employees were extremely helpful, the food was great and the overall experience was one to remember. i would recommend this hotel to absolutely anyone and everyone.

i won a weekend stay here from my company, but this did not affect the attitude or response from any of the people i met here. the staff should be proud to know that i was treated with so much respect, i cannot fault them or the hotel on anything at all.

I intend to revisit Londonagainand i shall certainly be staying at St Ermins again (even though, this time i will be having to pay for it myself LOL)

Room Tip: This hotel was so quiet all round, ideal for everyone.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Pekin
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This hotel was exactly as advertised on trip advisor. Beautiful hotel in a perfect location in london. Easy access to Buckingham Palace, Westminster, London Eye, truly in the heart of the city. Service was excellent and everyone was very friendly. The front desk, concierge, porters everyone went out of their way to provide excellent service. This is our new home away from home in London! Do not hesitate to book this hotel - exceptional value and service.

1 Thank lutherPekin
UK
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I love this hotel. Room is small but very clean and it's in a quiet area. Lobby is beautiful and relaxing. Afternoon tea is a must when in St Ermins.

I love the location since its near Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey. St James Park is close by and also Victoria train station. Behind the hotel is tube station.

House of Frazer is a short distance walk from the hotel and restaurants and bar.

I would deffinitely stay in this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012
swansea
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was really looking forward to my first stay at St Ermin's - however I was not that impressed and certainly not for the price.
The decor and general ambience are certainly delightful but the room although very nicely decorated, is of typical small average central London size.
My luggage was meant to be brought up to me but it had still not arrived after 15 minutes so I rang down to be told 'Oh sorry we didn't know which room you were in'?!?!
There were no pay movies available and many of the TV channels, eg BBC4 did not work.
Worst of all, since none were provided in my room, I went down to Reception to ask for de-caffeinated tea bags. Apparently there were none in the hotel!!!! In a luxe hotel which serves special afternoon teas, no de-caff tea bags? I was stunned and very disappointed. The chap on Reception seemed equally surprised when he was informed of this by the restaurant and kitchen but no-one offered to go and actually get some for me ( a very clearly pregnant lady).
So overall I'm afraid I was not impressed - for £250 a night, I did expect all of the above, none of which I think are unreasonable in a good - let alone top class - establishment.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank citybreakgirl
Simsbury, CT
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I traveled to London with my 10 year old granddaughter. The room was very spacious with 2 queen beds. We did include the breakfast in the morning (around 20 pounds) as it was convenient with a child. The room and bath were beautifully done and the room was very quiet. The lobby and common areas were quite grand. Service was exceptional, from the people at the front desk to the doormen, wait staff in the restaurant and concierge. We had problems with the internet (a small extra charge) and the front desk took our i-pad and Kindle and promptly remedied the situation. Whenever we needed a taxi, one was procurred for us within minutes. The location was perfect - a 10 minute walk to Buckingham Palace and a 10-15 minute walk the other way to the London Eye. We did have dinner at the restaurant one night when too tired to go out and the food was very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again myself.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We arrived at midnight. The staff was as welcoming and as helpful as possible. The bellman brought gifts up to my children and a map and took the time to help us plan the next day. The breakfast buffet had things everyone liked. The location is perfect! The St. James tube station is right there and we were able to walk to Westminster Abby, Buckingham palace and the Lomdon eye with our children (age 5 and 12). It would be the only place I'll ever stay in London.