“Great staff, great location, great hotel!”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #76 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This was a one night stay whilst on business in London. I was greeted by the friendly doorman and shown through the impressive lobby to the reception where a swift check-in was completed. My Accor Le Club Platinum status was recognised and I was upgraded to a King Executive Room.

The room was of a very good size with plenty of room to work & rest. The furnishings are of a very high standard and everything is tastefully decorated. You can tell the hotel has recently been refurbished.

I ordered reasonably-priced room service for dinner which was delivered in under 20 minutes which I appreciated as I was hungry after a long day at work. Breakfast in the morning was a continental offering but of a high standard.

I had WiFi included with my rate but this would normally cost £15 for 24 hours but the connection is exceptionally fast and I didn’t encounter any connectivity problems so could carry out work and video-conferencing tasks without interruptions.

Location wasn’t overly important to me as I was on business but the hotel is only a short walk away from Buckingham Palace whilst St James’ underground station is only a 2 minute walk making this an excellent option for tourists.

Overall I was very impressed with St Ermin’s - friendly staff, good location, and a high quality blend of old world hotel with modern facilities. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed here for a family wedding and really enjoyed the occasion. Our room was ready for us on arrival from the airport at 11 in the morning. The room itself was one of the best we have had in London, large, well equipped, quiet, not much of a view, but we could see beehives on an adjoining roof! It was perfect for a wedding, great reception area, lovely function rooms, cosy bar. Food was excellent. . Best of all was the quality of the service. Staff were attentive, friendly and most helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Noel021
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Just got back home from our stay in his excellent hotel.
I must confess we got a great deal through a hotel placement system which threw in afternoon tea. I have stayed in a number of hotels throught he years but this was elegant and homely at the same time.
The staff were great, helpfull with a great sense of humour and honest without being subservient, Gary advised us to walk a few minutes up the road to book theatre tickets and save ourselves £40.00 he could have booked on our behalf but didn't and saved us money, the room was great but the mini bar expensive.
I could not fault the reception staff, attentive and friendly, The breakfast was vey good, continental but with loads of choice smoked salmon cheeses and really good bread. coffee and juice on tap.
An excellent stay and they deserve a great review.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Quartermaster243
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We were staying in London for a Christmas party and spent the night here. The room was lovely and spacious. The staff very attentive and polite. Very classy hotel and would love to stay again. The breakfast was amazing, with a huge choice. The reception was decorated very tastefully for Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally-AnnN
Reviewed 12 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here over Labor Day for 4 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly. Wee booked it as a package, and as you'd expect, we received a room with a view of an alley. Other than that, the room was comfortable, the staff was fantastic, and the location was handy with quick access to the underground and the sights around Buckingham Palace. I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Okie86
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Myself and my mam had a lovely two night stay here in early December. Overall we were very happy with the hotel - the staff are friendly and attentive, the lobby is beautiful and the rooms are clean and comfortable.
When we arrived at around 11.30 in the morning we were delighted to be told that our room was ready. The staff were really welcoming and made us feel at home. We loved the room but I would agree with the other reviewer who said that a mini fridge might be more useful than the minibar (which of course was wildly overpriced!).
The hotel is in a great location too. We got the Gatwick express to Victoria and it's about a ten minute walk to the hotel from there. We also went to see Billy Elliot in the Victoria Palace and this was only a short walk away (if you're going to see Wicked, the Victoria Apollo is nearby too). Many popular attractions are also within walking distance. If you don't feel like walking everywhere, the James Park tube station is just around the corner and it's on the District and Circle line.
Wifi is available in the rooms but you have to pay extra for it. Guests are entitled to 15 minutes free internet access on the computers in the lobby. This is handy if you need to print out boarding passes, tickets, etc. Make sure to ask for a voucher at the reception so they wont charge it to your room. I didn't know about this and so ended up being charged, but when I explained what happened they were very nice about it and didn't charge me. Overall it was a great stay and I'd love to go back again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jellyfishkitten
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Stayed for one night with friends. Hotel staff attentive, friendly and extremely helpful. Mentioned that it was a birthday celebration and hotel went to the trouble of putting a cake in the room.

Rooms very modern, comfortable and well equipped.

Bar had a good atmosphere and staff easy to talk to and friendly.

Good location next to St James Park station or just a short 10 minute walk from Victoria.

Very good rates and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends