St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
US$217
  • Pool
US$203
6,161 results
All reviewswestminster abbeycaxton grillnew scotland yardjames parkbeautiful hotelbig benjames tube stationlondon eyest jamesafternoon teafamily roomperfect locationconcierge staffjunior suitelondon hotelquiet streetrooms are small
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The service in this hotel is really good. Rooms may seem small with not a great view, but you are in walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, etc. This means a lot when you consider the cost of a London taxi. The bar in the hotel is classic and has a lot of history. I really like that the hotel is on a private street with little traffic. The room I had was recently renovated and the bathroom was very nice. The concierge was very helpful and it is a classic hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The hotel is convenient for many central London sights, but also feels 'tucked away'. Beautiful reception area. Faultless service. Great breakfast. Lovely staff in reception, the bar, and serving breakfast. I felt thoroughly safe as a woman travelling alone. I would return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Amanda186273
Reviewed 17 January 2013

When you pull onto St. Ermin's driveway you will be really impressed at the look of the hotel. True old world elegance. The rooms are fine, not huge but acceptable for London. The location is fantastic. Walk to Parliment, Westminster Abby, Victoria Station, etc... The St. James Park Metro station is one block away.

Breakfast is wonderful. Great ambiance in the dining room (although there is another room downstairs without windows where they seemed to be guiding those with small children...perhaps a good idea for all) and a delicious cold buffet. They will also cook you up eggs or anything you want for a small charge.

My wife and daughter loved the afternoon tea. Its expensive but they felt it was worth every penny.

The drawback of the hotel is the inexperience of the staff. They are very friendly and try hard to accommodate but just be patient...except for the doorman they all seemed like this was their first day working at a hotel. Is anyone training them????

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This was a one night stay whilst on business in London. I was greeted by the friendly doorman and shown through the impressive lobby to the reception where a swift check-in was completed. My Accor Le Club Platinum status was recognised and I was upgraded to a King Executive Room.

The room was of a very good size with plenty of room to work & rest. The furnishings are of a very high standard and everything is tastefully decorated. You can tell the hotel has recently been refurbished.

I ordered reasonably-priced room service for dinner which was delivered in under 20 minutes which I appreciated as I was hungry after a long day at work. Breakfast in the morning was a continental offering but of a high standard.

I had WiFi included with my rate but this would normally cost £15 for 24 hours but the connection is exceptionally fast and I didn’t encounter any connectivity problems so could carry out work and video-conferencing tasks without interruptions.

Location wasn’t overly important to me as I was on business but the hotel is only a short walk away from Buckingham Palace whilst St James’ underground station is only a 2 minute walk making this an excellent option for tourists.

Overall I was very impressed with St Ermin’s - friendly staff, good location, and a high quality blend of old world hotel with modern facilities. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed here for a family wedding and really enjoyed the occasion. Our room was ready for us on arrival from the airport at 11 in the morning. The room itself was one of the best we have had in London, large, well equipped, quiet, not much of a view, but we could see beehives on an adjoining roof! It was perfect for a wedding, great reception area, lovely function rooms, cosy bar. Food was excellent. . Best of all was the quality of the service. Staff were attentive, friendly and most helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family