“Lovely old world charm smack in the middle of Westminster”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #78 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Paris
“Lovely old world charm smack in the middle of Westminster”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at this property for a week on business in October 2013. An absolutely perfect location in central London and a magnificent property. Not the cheapest option by any stretch, but if you can afford it, well worth the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Sir,
I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you found our location ideal.
It made me really happy to read that you thought our hotel is magnificent.
Douglas McHugh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,087)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

My wife, 2 daughter's and I stayed at the St Ermin's for our honeymoon. This is our fourth visit and we love everything about it. The location is perfect. Only 10 minute stroll through St James's park and your in the heart of Picadily, St James and Mayfair.

The hotel is magnificent. The rooms are very well appointed. The breakfast room and Caxton Grill restaurant are top draw and the staff are friendly, competent and professional.

It's the kind of hotel you want to relax and spend time in. The reception/lobby area is stunning. There are some interesting historical facts about the hotel.

It's a small point but the doormen wear Bowler hats. Ace!

I travel alot and I'm easily irritated by sub standard hotels and service. This hotel never disappoints. Pound for pound as good as it gets.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for your very lovely review and congratulations on your marriage.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room to your liking as well as my team being very competent, friendly and professional. I do work closely with them to ensure that guests feel welcome and at home.
It is great that you have chosen us to stay regularly and we look forward to welcoming you back for a fifth visit in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here twice now, great location :) Upgraded to a bigger room on second trip. The staff friendly and attentive. We didnt try the restaurant so cant comment. Although breakfast was pricey for what is was. You can eat at any of the starbucks/cafe nearby. The hotel has been refurbished to high standard and the room/hotel was spotless. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annieanna79
Dear Annie,
I am very happy to read that you chose to return to St Ermin’s for a second visit.
We do have many room types so it is great that you decided to take a larger room for your stay and that you liked this.
We are very proud of the refurbishment and thought very hard about this as wanted to keep the Victorian décor, but with a more modern look in the rooms, so am glad that you thought we made the right choices.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel for a future stay.
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and I recently spent a week at St. Ermin's and were extremely pleased. The location is perfect, the staff was outstanding and the accommodations were first class. Best continental breakfast I have ever seen, and the perfect location from which to launch our many sightseeing jaunts across the city. Within walking distance of major central London sights and the Tube is practically next door. There is no doubt that we will return the next time we are in London, which I hope will be soon.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JBN1958
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found my team outstanding and your room first class.
We looked forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next return to London.
brussels
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed for 4 days at the beginning of the half term week. The hotel is ideally situated for the principal sights, in a quiet street close to Westminster. Quality-wise, excellent: we had a lovely family room with 2 queen size beds and two bathrooms for us and our two kids. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the full English breakfast option was great (having said that, the separate continental breakfast option was also, contrary to the views of some reviewers I have seen, also extensive). My only gripe (and the reason for giving the place 4, rather than 5, stars): I don't like to see signs of cheapness in any hotel, particularly one such as this, which is overall of a high quality. We noted that there were no bottles of water in the room and asked the check-in desk whether any were available: we were told that they were not. We asked whether the water from the taps was drinkable: the answer, no doubt inaccurate (I assume the water supply is standard "London tap") was that it was better not to drink it and that the hotel's preference was for guests to use the water from the minibar. Now there's a surprise: with four of us in the room for four days, at £2.50 a pop with one small bottle each, that's another £40 pure profit. I dislike this type of blatant profiteering with a vengeance. I stay in many hotels around the world on business and have not yet come across one that does not leave a small bottle of water each night at the bed-side of its guests as part of the service. If they really cannot afford to do this, they should increase the room rate to cover the cost as frankly, it otherwise just looks, and is, mean.

Room Tip: For families, the double queen bedded rooms with 2 bathrooms are ideal.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank craigBrussels
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us recently.
It’s great to read that you thought our breakfast selection was really good and that you found it more than adequate.
Our family rooms are really popular due to their size and having two bathrooms, so I am happy that you liked yours and that quality wise it was excellent.
I was disappointed to read your comments about water as for the last three years we have been providing our own bottles of filtered water both still and sparkling though out the hotel to guests as they require it. We have made a conscious effort to be green which is why we use our own bottles which means less packaging and waste.
I am flabbergasted that this was not communicated to you during your stay when mentioned and I will certainly ensure that I discuss this with the relevant team members and can only apologise for this.
Athens
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The service was good, the staff were very polite, helped in every request. The Hotel services was excellent, the environment was attentive, friendly. The kitchen of the restaurant was very good but a little expensive. The location is excellent because it is very close to underground and one breath from the historic center.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
Many thanks for writing your review following your stay with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your time at St Ermin’s and that you felt our service was excellent.
I do hope you will return to stay again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I visited for one night while traveling back to the States. I am Platinum Premier with Marriott and was upgraded to a suite which was beautifully appointed. The hotel is extrememly nice and I wish we had more time to enjoy the setting. There didn't seem to be many restaraunts/pubs walkable to the hotel but I'm sure it's a quick cab ride away. We would gladly return on future visits to London.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Don0256
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Don,
Thank you for your very lovely review upon your return home to the USA.
I am very pleased that were able to upgrade you to a Suite on arrival, which you thought was in a great part of the hotel.
It is nice to read that you thought the hotel itself was extremely nice and I look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay on your next visit to London.
Warm Regards