“Wish I could give more than 5 stars!”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #76 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My daughter and I ran away for a quick girls trip to London and happily landed at the St. Ermins. The hotel is perfectly located next to the St. James tube stop and was a quick walk to Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. I'm a Marriott Platinum and our room rate of 218 pounds/night included a cooked to order breakfast and cold buffet to fuel our days touring the city. As expected the rooms in Europe are smaller than in the US, but the St. Ermins has nicely appointed its rooms with plushy robes, a writing desk, included wifi and minibar and safe.

We'll choose this property again when we run away to London!

1  Thank suzu1209
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your lovely review following your return home to the USA.

It makes me very happy to read that you had such a lovely time with your daughter at St Ermin’s and that you found you room and its amenities very plush.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

There are newer reviews for St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This property is in such a great location! We were able to walk, take the tube or train virtually everywhere. The interior is beautiful and ornate...you have a sense of old, ornate architecture.
The bed and linens were very comfortable, the room was spacious and had a sitting area.
The only complaint about the property is that the fire door leading to the elevator would slam and bounce each time a guest would exit the elevator or stairs. We were four doors down from it, but heard it as though someone was slamming our closet door. I am a light sleeper, but didn't have any problems with it during the night. (Not many young partiers on our floor ;)
Overall a wonderful place and one we will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank 4pamalama

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am really pleased that you thought that the interior of the hotel is beautiful and that it gives that feeling of it being old. We were careful to keep the Victorian charm when we carried out the refurbishment.

I am glad that you room was to your liking and that you found it spacious and the amenities good. I will discuss the fire door near to the elevator with my maintenance team and thank you for bringing this to my attention. You feedback is appreciated.

It was our pleasure having you stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a really lovely hotel - despite being quite large, it feels really homely. The entrance is beautiful and the common areas very comfortable and spacious. The staff are incredibly well trained and polite, and the rooms are very clean and comfortable, if a little on the small side. My parents had a lovely room overlooking the courtyard - mine at the back overlooked air conditioning units so it's worth asking for a room facing front. The hotel is well located, and really near St James Park in which I had some lovely walks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the entrance courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
It is great to read that you felt at home and you found the hotel beautiful. We do receive many lovely comments about our courtyard and lobby entrance as it gives that feel of grandeur.
I am glad that the rooms you received were clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay here.
St James Park, which is so close to us is really a great place to walk so it is nice that you managed some time to do this.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Hotel rooms show signs of recent £30M refurbishment with pristine upmarket wall paper and fabrics and a nice Nespresso coffee machine as well as a lovely marble bathroom with modern fittings. We were upgraded to a suite on a weekend stay and everyone seems to be given vouchers for a complimentary drink which was a nice touch on arrival. Greatest compliment I can give is to say the Hotel is like a little like a mini version of 5* Claridges, similar ambience and lots of nice service touches but on a much smaller scale. Area is well patrolled by police due to New Scotland Yard HQ being opposite. Lovely pedestrian passageway to St James Park just north of the hotel so you can take a 5 minute stroll over to watch Changing the Guard at Horseguards Arches at 11.30am.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget, there are two Starbucks within 50yds of the Hotel and free street parking di...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Clarkybravo

Dear Sir/Madam,
It’s great to read that you can see the affects that the refurbishment has had on the St Ermin’s and I am glad that you liked it in every way.
I am pleased that we were able to upgrade you to a suite with the additional amenities. Glad you liked it. We do receive lovely comments about our suites especially that they are more spacious.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding us being more of a 5 star category we really appreciate this and I am so pleased that everything met with your expectations during your stay here.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were a group of 7 staying at St. Ermin's in October 2013. Our stay in London was PERFECT and the hotel staff made sure of that, especially Lee Wood (Head Concierge) and his staff. We also asked Lee to set us up for a couple of nice dinners and his recommendations were right on point!! When I go back to London, I will stay at St. Ermin's again without a question. Thank you to the hotel staff for making our trip to London a memorable experience.

Dear Andres,
I am very glad that you and your party had a really great stay at St Ermin’s and found everything just perfect.
I will ensure that Lee sees your review as he will love reading this and I am so pleased that my concierge team looked after you so well. They have a great knowledge of London transportation, theatres, restaurants and sightseeing trips so it is nice to read that they can make use of this to make a guests experience even better.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review upon returning home.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is the best hotel in London I have stayed in, and one of the best I have stayed in anywhere in recent times. The location close by New Scotland Yard is great; the entrance is like a white icing confection; the decor in the public areas and room is modern, confident and stylish. The staff at reception are efficient and friendly. My room on the second floor was a spacious superior with. a queen sized bed . It was immaculate and had high quality finishings ( e,g Villeroy and Boch/ Grohe fittings in bathroom with The White Company toiletries.) Wifi was complimentary and fast. The room did not have a view ( or not one worth looking out to ) but on the plus side was astonishingly quiet, with virtually no traffic or other noise in the two nights I was there. The continental breakfast offered delicious Ferme des Peupliers yogurt and absolutely fresh glazed croissants. ( I was told that cooked breakfast could be ordered for only a supplement of £5). On checking out the concierge came across to ask if my bag needed to be stored , without waiting to be approached. This is the way to present and run a 4* hotel ( for which by the way i got a great deal on-line) ; other hoteliers I have stayed with recently should take note.

Room Tip: If a view matters to you check what is available overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anster

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for such a marvellous review and I am so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us recently.
I am pleased that you found your Superior room furnished to a high standard with great amenities and that you had a quiet night’s sleep due to its location.
It’s great to read that you thought our lovely Continental breakfast selection was delicious and that you were very impressed with our freshly baked croissants which are baked each morning especially for our guests to enjoy.
I am glad my team looked after you effortlessly and I will pass your comments on to them as they do like to read them.
Your comments are very much appreciated and I hope you will return to stay at St Ermin’s when you are next in London.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in!

I booked this hotel for a special trip to London; my Fiancé and I got married during our trip and the hotel staff went out of their way to make our trip special. We stayed for three nights and everything was flawless throughout that time. We received a warm welcome on arrival, the room was great - lovely views of the courtyard entrance, a great size for a London hotel and the personal touches made it feel much more special. Everything was spotlessly clean.

All the staff we came into contact with were lovely; really friendly and engaging. The little touches such as escorting guests into the hotel from cabs under umbrellas during the rain, running over to open doors for you and making the effort to greet everyone they pass really showed this hotel goes the extra mile.

The breakfasts here were great - such a big selection and the added hot menu to order from was fantastic! The eggs benedict, eggs royale and pancakes are a must! We also ordered room service one evening after a hectic day of sightseeing; everything was just delicious and again the service was great!

The hotel looks fabulous, the hotel staff were fabulous and the location was also fabulous! (about one minute away from Westminster Abbey)

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and can't wait for an excuse to come back!

Room Tip: We were in a front-facing room, had the window open every night and didn't hear a sound! Lovely...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,
Firstly let me wish you many congratulations on your marriage and it is fantastic that you chose London to do this.
It makes me really happy to read that all of my team looked after you brilliantly and that you found every one of them friendly and welcoming. I will pass your comments on to them as they will love to read this.
Our courtyard facing rooms are great as they have a very relaxing feel about them due to the view from your window. It is like a quiet haven away from the hustle and bustle of London. I am pleased that you liked it and that you found everything spotlessly clean. We do pride ourselves on cleanliness.
I see you sampled eggs in different ways for breakfast along with pancakes and it is lovely to hear you like all of them. Room service is a lovely thing to do when you have been really hectic sightseeing all day and it means that you can unwind. Glad you liked this and it all worked well for you.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future, perhaps for an anniversary stay.
Warm Regards