“Charming hotel”

Ranked #75 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Beaune, France
“Charming hotel”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I chose this hotel due to an event closeby. Very conveniently located. Not on a busy road, a close distance to St James' Park & St James' Tube station. All positive !
Clean lobby (lot's of flowers aromas...), Clean roooms, not ultra large but convenient (in London you can really get some tiny rooms sometime), deep and confortable beds... amazing small but efficient bathroom (you cannot be 2 inside...).Personnal very helpful, luggages delivered very quickly... (sometime it takes ages), efficient and quick check in... I was listening to another guest's conversation when checking in and he was asking a late check out that was given with a smile and quite easily... (he was a high ranked customer). Perfect location, clean and modern. A perfect place to stay in London close to Westminster and St James's street.

Room Tip: Was on the 5th floor. Not too many floor actually. So maybe it was the reason of the quietness. Not...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Christophe,
I am so pleased you chose St. Ermin’s to stay due to your event being very close by and that you found my team so very helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
Glad you liked your room and found the bed really comfortable. We do receive a lot of nice comments about our beds being great.
I noted your comment regarding the late checkout offered to another guest and we do where possible off this. It really depends on our occupancy on the day of departure, but we are always happy to look at this for a guest during their stay.
As you found us the perfect place to stay I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Douglas McHugh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,066)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The location is perfect just around the corner to a tube station and close to everything. Hotel is beautiful and the staff very helpful.

Must say that was very disappointed with the room size, very small room for 2 people, couldn't hardly fit the suitcases, also the room location was very far from the lift.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close the lift, we had to walk a lot to get to our room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Monica,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
I have noted your comments regarding the size of room you were provided and am sorry that you felt this was on the small side for your requirements. The hotel is quite unique in the way it is built as it used to be a Victorian Apartment building and as it is ‘listed’ the structure had to remain the same and many guests love this uniqueness. Some of our rooms are larger than others and indeed have different views also. We do have larger rooms depending on the category booked and some of these also look over our beautiful Courtyard so when you next visit London one of these may be more suitable for you. Please do contact our reservations who would be happy to discuss the categories of rooms that we have as well as sizes.
I am pleased that overall you had a good stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when next in London.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I heard about this hotel from a business colleague and based on his recommendation, I decided to try it. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very well located, just minutes from Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and just a slightly longer walk to Buckingham Palace. The rooms, although a bit small are very clean, comfy bed and most of all, the quiet location enables you to have a great sleep. Overall the food is quite good although I did have a bad experience with the fish and chips in the bar, the bar manager was more than accommodating and did not charge me for the meal. My only negative comment is about the internet. I was there on business and my internet connection was, at best, poor. I had to re-login about every 5-10 minutes which is unacceptable for a hotel of this calibre and very frustrating while trying to complete online business.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steviep53
Dear Stevie,
I am glad that your colleague recommended St. Ermin’s to you and that you decided to stay with us.
We are in an ideal location for both business and pleasure as most places can be reached either by walking or taking public transport very close to the hotel.
Due to the unique way in which the hotel is built all of our rooms vary in shape and size as well as view so some rooms are larger than others.
I was very sorry to read that you found your meal in the Caxton Bar not to your liking, but am pleased that my manager solved this quickly for you. I can assure you that this is not indicative of the food served in the Caxton Bar and I can only apologise.
Thank you for your comments about the internet connection and I have already discussed this with my team so that this does not happen again.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when you next come to London.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Really delighted with the hotel. Staff very helpful and the New Year dinner was superb to say the least. Will now definitely use this hotel when staying in London. The room was of a good standard and particularly liked the Nespresso Coffee in a morning!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear David,
Thank you for choosing the St. Ermin’s Hotel for your New Year’s stay.
I am really glad that you found all of my team helpful and that your room met with your expectations.
It is nice to read that you thought that your New Year dinner was superb. I work closely with my Chef’s to ensure that the New Year dinner is thought through well before it goes ahead. I also talk through and taste our dishes items for the Caxton Grill prior to them being placed on the menu. Glad you loved it.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back any time you are visiting London and we look forward to looking after you again.
Gdynia, Poland
Reviewed 17 January 2014

An excellent stay in a well run, clean and high class hotel in a perfect location. the rooms were to the standard of a very nice hotel... most I have stayed in are generally missing something, but with this I found no missing elements. the take away coffee cups were a noted well thought through addition.

Room Tip: booking.com have great early deals, I booked 2 months in advance and saved a lot!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nick,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us.
It was a pleasure to look after you and I am pleased that you found the hotel not only excellently run, very clean and in a perfect location for your trip.
I am very proud of my team here as they all work hard to achieve the levels of service and cleanliness throughout the hotel.
I look forward to you making a booking for another stay in the future.
Azeitao, Portugal
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Very good hotel with beautiful decor. Perfect location for all kind of trips, really close to St. James underground station. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. We'll return for sure.
...............

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel luxurious. Spacious rooms clean staff can't do enough been a couple of times. My only negative is for the amount you pay I was abit put out to pay extra for fried/poached eggs!!! The breakfast is £29.99 was surprised as was told if you need anything else that isn't on buffet we could order ( no mention of charge) so was surprised at bill for extra £12 for me and husbands eggs. As only scrambled at buffet. But other than that lovely hotel great location

Stayed January 2014
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Joanna,
It is lovely to read that you had returned to St. Ermin’s for another stay and it was our pleasure to look after you.
I am pleased that you find all of my team so attentive and helpful as well as your room being spacious and clean. My housekeeping team work very hard to ensure that all rooms are perfect for our guests.
I am sorry to read that you were not advised of the additional charge for the eggs, this is not indicative of our service and I will speak to my Food & Beverage Manager to ensure this communicated properly in the future. Our breakfast charges are in line with all other hotels in the same category as us in Central London.
I look forward to welcoming you back for another stay soon.