“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #77 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Ballyclare
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed one night with our two children and loved this hotel. Great location. Really friendly staff and lots of them. The decor is really nice throughout and it was a very comfortable place to be in the middle of such a busy city. Our booking included breakfast which was good value. We will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Hi Gillian,
It was out pleasure to have you and your family stay with us and I am so pleased you loved the hotel.
Thank you for your lovely comments about my team and how beautiful the hotel is looking. You are right it does feel like a quiet haven in amongst all the busyness of London’s streets.
Next time you visit you must take your children up to see the Bees on the third floor, that is if you haven’t already!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.
Douglas McHugh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,064)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night overnight for Theatre Trip..... Executive Room, Large ensuite, The 6ft Wide Bed is VERY comfy! Beautiful Sheets! Everything about this place is high class, superb breakfast, very attentive staff... Well deserved five stars... Very clean, beautiful hotel.. Would definitely return

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hi Mildred,
Well, thank you for writing such a lovely review following your stay last night.
I see you must have had a great night’s sleep as found your bed very comfy and large. Glad you found the sheets to your liking. My housekeeping team work hard to ensure that everything in our rooms including our bed linen is of a high standard so that our guests are comfortable.
It’s great to read that you thought our breakfast was superb and we do receive some lovely comments about what a wide choice there is in both Continental and Full English breakfast so please you enjoyed all of this.
It was a pleasure to have you stay and please come back we would love to see you.
leeds
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night with the intention of visiting Tate Modern , Houses of Parliament , Westminster Abbey and the Whispering Gallery. All, but the WG are within pleasant walking distance of the hotel making this hotel ideal for some 'cultural sightseeing'. The hotel gardens and entrance are breathtaking. The rooms are small like many Central London hotel, but beautifully appointed. A stay in this hotel will not disappoint.r

Room Tip: Book your Houses of Parliament ticket in advance on the internet
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi There,
Wow, I hope you managed to see all of your listed sightseeing points in London during your one night stay with us. That’s a lot of walking in a day.
Thank you for commenting on how breathtaking our entrance and gardens are. We take great care of our courtyard as it is very picturesque and guests love to sit out here in the warmer months due to it being so tranquil. We thought very hard about our entrance (lobby) when we refurbished the hotel and wanted to keep the grand sweeping staircase and balcony as it is in keeping with the Victorian charm we have. We do receive some lovely reviews about these particular areas of the hotel.
I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Myself and the pseudo missus are very tolerant people (except to some foods), but we were tested to the limits during our stay at this over-rated, overpriced hell hole.

Here's what was wrong, in no particular order. A very small room and tiny bathroom (our was dubbed an executive room). The bed and pillows were at best average, I can honestly say I've had more comfortable nights rest in a Travelodge. The WiFi... Ohhhhhh, don't get me started on the WiFi. Oh go on then.

It barely connected in the room, so had to give up on that. Ventured down into the lobby and café where I was connected but got the amazing download speed of 0.12mb. That, for the non technicals out there, is so slow that you could hand write a letter and drive it to its destination faster than sending an email. We couldn't do any work for our entire stay. Staff were no help at all except for trying to charge us for the WiFi. I kid you not.

The next morning they got our breakfast wrong and we were expected to eat coco pops off a plate. #messy.

I've stayed in some serious hotels in my time, but not only was this so far behind anything equivalent in London, I don't even think it deserves it's 5 star status.

The appearance of the hotel was grand yes, and you may think my problems are a bit "first world", but at this price bracket in this glorious city with so many other amazing options, you'd be barmy to go near this place. At least Scotland Yard is over the road, might report 'em for fraud when I leave

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
10 Thank Penfold7
Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed there for two nights with my wife, mixed business and pleasure. It was a great pleasure, amazing and very friendly staff. We were delighted with the service and the surroundings which makes this hotel special.
Situation could not be better, right across from Westminster and parliament. Got on the bike hiring system and there you go, lovely. Reason is not a five, hotel room was slightly small, but hey!! use reward points to book it and you do not go to London to stay in your room...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi There,
Thank you for your very lovely title of your review.
It’s lovely to hear that you mixed your business trip with a pleasure by having your wife join you for two nights in London.
I am so pleased to read that you were delighted with the service my team provided to you and that you also loved our surroundings.
I noted your comment regarding your room being slightly small and pleased that although you thought this it didn’t detract from any your enjoyment. We do have many categories of room here at St. Ermin’s and some are larger than others with different views due to the uniqueness of the way the building was built.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back when you next visit London and please do call our reservations team to discuss room categories and sizes before making your booking as they will be happy to help.
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Thank you for a wonderful birthday afternoon tea. Not traditional but I loved the quirky presentation. I couldn't quite cope with scones before sandwiches but that could be because I'm now 50. The staff were very attentive and helpful lovely hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi Lisa,
It’s excellent to read that you had a really wonderful birthday afternoon tea with us recently and that you enjoyed the way this was presented and found my team very attentive.
By the way Happy Birthday….I don’t think that can ever be said too many times.
Perhaps we will see you next year for a birthday celebration.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous! When you arrive you are greeted by a beautiful courtyard. The entrance is grand and the service is immaculate. We had the two bedroom two bathroom room which overlooked the courtyard. The location is superb. It is walking distance to many attractions. The afternoon tea was mediocre at best, which is why I deducted one "star". The elevators are extremely small but the gym is a nice size. The service is impeccable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hi There,
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am pleased you think the hotel is gorgeous. We receive lots of lovely comments about our courtyard and entrance to the hotel, so thank you for yours.
I see you have one of our lovely Family rooms with two queen beds and two bathrooms. These are very spacious and are ideal if you are sharing with your family or a friend. They are very popular!
We do receive lovely comments about our Afternoon Tea and I am sorry that you didn’t quite meet with your expectations on this occasion.
By your comment on the size of our Gym I can only assume that you used this during your stay, which is great to hear. Glad you found it had all that you found this to be a good size.
Thank you for your comments about our service being impeccable and I will pass this on to my team as they will be pleased to hear this.
I do hope you will be able to return to the St. Ermin’s for a stay in the future.