“Loved it!”

Ranked #76 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Perth, Australia
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I have just spend a few days at the St. Ermin's hotel and loved every minute of it! The service was so fantastic and the check in staff were an absolute pleasure. The location was perfect - an easy walk (even for the lazy tourist like myself!) to a train station, and sights such as Westminster Abbey and Parliament. The rooms are super clean and comfortable, and very tastefully decorated. The breakfast was wonderful. Next time I head to London I will definitely stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank msfiorella
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi There,
It’s really good to hear that you thought my check in team were a pleasure to speak to and that they looked after you so well on arrival.
I am glad that you like your room and that it was cleaned to a very high standard as well as comfortable and in good décor. I have a very good housekeeping team here and am very proud of how clean and also how lovely they make our rooms look ready for a guest’s arrival and also during their stay.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to London and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Douglas McHugh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,063)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

In a nutshell – one of the best hotels I’ve ever had the pleasure to stay at. After more than 50 nights at the St. Ermin’s since December, it has become my home in London.

There are hundreds of hotels that can deliver the basics well and after 25 years of extensive business and leisure travel I’ve stayed in quite a large number of them. However, there very few that not only make me want to return, but actually make me look forward to returning.

The St Ermin’s in just such a place. This is only the second time a hotel has impressed me enough to write a review, and I find myself struggling to put into words how much I love the St. Ermin’s.

What really makes the St. Ermin’s special are the people that work there. I’ve come to realize that there is a special nuance to really exceptional service at a hotel. The good ones make you feel like they are sharing their home with you. The truly exceptional ones however, make you feel like its your home, and they’re just happy to be there with you. The St. Ermin’s is one of the truly exceptional ones. The staff has a unique talent to be attentive, without being intrusive.

Every person I’ve met here has not only made me feel at home, but also made me feel like they were genuinely glad I was there and that they were proud to share this incredible hotel with me.

The location is unbeatable and the completely and recently renovated property is just gorgeous. The secluded side street location and the walk up the landscaped front drive after a hard day at work or dealing with the hustle and bustle of touring around London will actually reduce your stress level and put a smile on your face. The free glass of wine you get in the lobby most evenings helps too!

The pictures do not do the lobby justice and if you have the good fortune to be here during Christmas, it’s wonderful. Be sure to check out the soon to be famous duck foot lamp in the lobby.

If you’re a history buff, the 100-year history of the hotel and its connections to Churchill during WWII and the Soviet Spies in London during the cold war are fascinating. Be sure to ask one of the lobby staff to tell you about it.

While you’re there, be sure to have the honey on your toast at breakfast and then go on up to the third floor to see the beehives where the honey is produced. Talk about “local produce” – it does not get more local than that. Don’t miss the Caxton Grill for dinner either. The beef filet on the “Green Egg” grill is not only the best steak in London, but also one of the best anywhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Enjoyed staying here overnight on a business trip to Westminster. Tucked away so an oasis of calm amid the chaos of Westminster. Friendly, welcoming efficient staff and enjoyed very good cocktails and snack food in the bar. Room was very quiet although smaller than I expected and as the view was at the back overlooking other rooms the blinds (not the drapes) had to be closed most of the time which made the room rather dark. For tourists it is a great location for the classic sites of Westminster but the area is not so good for restaurants, bars, shops, nightlife etc. As I am not a tourist this was not an issue for me and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
I very pleased to read that you found my team very friendly and welcoming as well as efficient. Our aim at St Ermin’s is to make our guests feel at home so that they can relax during their stay.
I see you felt your room was on the small side. We do have many different categories of room at St. Ermin’s and due to the unique way in which the hotel is built all differ in size, shape and view. I am pleased that this did not detract from the enjoyment of your stay.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and please do discuss our room categories with reservations first as we have lots of room types.
Usa
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Beautiful hotel on quiet street, yet close to many attractions, tube station, restaurants. Room was of good size, quite clean and very well appointed. Service was top notch, especially Stelios who helped us find our way around London and was always available with a hand. We have already recommended the St. Ermin's to several friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelingFour2004
Hi There,
It’s great to see that you think we are in a great location being within walking distance to so many of the main London attractions and with the underground station just around the corner it makes getting around very easy.
I am pleased that you liked your room, which was a good size and very clean as well as finding our service excellent. Your kind comments are much appreciated.
Thank you for recommending us to your friends and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back when you next return to London.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Centrally located. 1 minute walk to St. James Park tube stop, 3 minutes to St. James Park. Still, tucked away enough for a quiet night's sleep. Great staff. Ask concierge Lee for restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi There,
I am delighted to read that you have a very enjoyable stay with us recently and that everything met with your expectations.
I am so pleased that my concierge team provided restaurant recommendations to you and that you also have a great night’s sleep.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the St. Ermin’s when you are next in London.
Granby, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here for work, staff had trouble finding my reservation that caused huge problems, but once resolved, room was nicd. Bar area was small. Other staff was professional and breakfast was good. Location was good, though not on a main strset so taxis were hard to come by, at times

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hi There,
I was very sad to read your review following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry that your reservation could not initially be found on our system, however very pleased to see that my reception team did resolve this as quickly as possible and that you were checked in.
I was very surprised to read that you found the Caxton Bar to be small…..we do have a small area right by the bar itself, however this opens up in to our main bar which has many sofas and chairs to relax in…..and there is a smaller more cosy area towards the entrance to the restaurant which is more private. We usually receive such lovely comments from our guests about the bar and I am only sorry that this was not to your liking on this occasion.
Our location is away from the hustle and bustle of the main streets of London which makes us a quiet little haven for guests when they have been out all day sightseeing or on business meetings. I am sorry that you could not always get a taxi when needed. My concierge team usually hail them down quite quickly.
Having said all of this I am pleased that you found your room nice and that it met with your expectations.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2014

What a great find this hotel is. I can't wait to come back and stay here. It is tucked away in a very quiet neighborhood, but is only minutes and tub stop from all the wonderful places in London. Very nicely updated and the breakfast is fantastic!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review upon your return home to Chicago.
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I can see that you had a great experience.
Glad you loved your breakfast. We do receive some great comments about our wide selection of breakfast items, especially our continental selection of breads, cereals, meats, cheese and many many more items.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next come to Londonl.