“First trip to London, the perfect place to stay to see the sights!!!!”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #76 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Greenville, South Carolina
“First trip to London, the perfect place to stay to see the sights!!!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel is tucked into the St. James area right next to Scotland Yard. It is very convenient to almost everything including the St. James underground station. Westminster Abbey is a 5 minute walk, Buckingham Palace is 12 min.

But this isn't why this property is great. The rooms are excellent and newly furnished, probably the best equipped bathrooms anywhere. The breakfast buffet had plenty to offer and our rate included anything on the menu. Best of all, the restaurant service staff was the friendliest and most helpful I have experienced at any Marriott.

On my next trip to London, there's no question where I'll stay.

Room Tip: Our room was a long walk from the lift which was amplified after I experienced a foot injury on our...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ramblin84
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hi There,
Thank you for choosing St. Ermin’s for your stay in London from South Carolina.
It made me so happy to read that you found everything at St. Ermin’s exceeded your expectations, from your room, bathroom, breakfast buffet, restaurant service and my whole team.
I am over joyed that you think we are the best Marriott experience you have ever had.
We will certainly be looking out for you when you return as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.
Warm regards
Douglas McHugh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,064)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

WE stayed here and had a fabulous meal, first rate food, service and accommodation. I arrived with an easy checkin. Just very impressed by everything. It has a real buzz to the bar and restaurant with a very diverse mix of fellow guests which is awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ExplorerIIYorkshire
Biggleswade
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I only went for a coffee here at the roof top terrace tea bar. Even though I was less than 2 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Victoria Street it felt like I was at country retreat!

The weather was great which helped, however I thought the service was fantastic and the quality of the drinks were superb.

To cap it off the value was good too, comparable to a normal coffee shop.

Only thing that stops this getting five stars is that they place a 12.5% service charge on your bill. I prefer deciding what to tip myself...

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank KH1530
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Only recently discovered this hotel! We have been looking for a Hotel to use regularly in London for sometime. As a Marriott member we have tried most of the ones they own in London, but this is one of the best. A lot of hotels in London (by no means an exception for big cities) suffer from noise. This hotel has a good location (off Victoria Road, near New Scotland Yard) in a quiet area of London, but only mins from Buckingham palace and parliament and the nearest tube station. The rooms are of the quality you expect from a Marriott group Hotel, and since we have started using it regularly during the week we have been upgraded when possible. Thank you St Ermin's.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are very quiet, but have no view other then the next office blocks backyard.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kev B
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in July. The service was excellent, beautifully decorated and very clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I look forward to staying there again when we visit London.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank 1996TX
Highland Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked this room through American Express Travel. Our room had 2 queen days and a day bed already prepared when we arrived. The room was modern with comfortable linens and our room actually had 2 full bathrooms and small fridge! The service was impeccable. Had a wonderful meal at Kaku's which was a 5 minute walk. 10 minute walk to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben. Safe neighborhood. The lobby reminded me of the Amsterdam Intercontinental (Grand Dame type hotel.) Beautiful. Perfect stay at reasonable price in ideal location! Very family friendly hotel with lovely tea room. Be sure to visit the bee hives on 3rd floor and gardens out front. We have not been this impressed this much by a hotel in quite a long time. Our family highly recommends this hotel!

Green Features: There is a bee farm on 3rd floor designed to try and replenish the bee population in the area. The honey is used in the hotel restaurant from what I understand.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MKDFLA
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had a recent stay here which was a mixed experience:

The PROS:
--Decent location, close to the St. James tube stop
--Rather comfortable rooms and beds
--Free upgrade for a gold member (I hate to think how small the non-upgraded room was).
--Nice toiletries in the bathroom
--No exterior noise.
--The lobby and furnishings are very tasteful.

The CONS:
--Tiny rooms that don't have the best layout.
--Some serious elevator issues…all but 1 tiny one were out.
--The rainforest shower could really use a handheld wand as well.
--Not impressed by the breakfast. Pretty sad buffet with mixed service.
--Front desk staff are just cold and clinical…very transactional, not personal. Also seems a bit over-the-top financially…explicitly requiring you to authorize a 50 pound allowance with your credit card…not friendly.
--Loud from the inside. I could hear lots of comings and goings outside my room.

Overall, while it was a reasonably nice stay, it was in no way worth the 199 pound going rate. I didn't really leave terribly satisfied, but it was perfectly adequate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hi there,

Thank you for your pros and with regards to your cons; I apologise we didn't quite make your grade. We are a hotel with lots of character, which in turn means we have some quirky rooms but we also have a range of room types which reach a size of 64sqm. The lift issue was due to a power outage in the whole of the surrounding area which was beyond my control.

With regards to the cold service, I am saddened to hear this, as the overwhelming majority of feedback that we receive describes our service as engaging and warm.

We really appreciate your feedback and overall pleased you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Many thanks