“In a pinch”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #76 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed two nights on a big weekend. They had a comfortable room and great staff that were really friendly and helpful. They actually upgraded me the second night because they were thoughtful enough to realize a wedding reception was right beneath me and offered to move me in advance. Quite a lovely hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hi Todd,
I was delighted to read your review which you posted following your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased that you found my team both friendly and welcoming. This is something that is really important to us as like all of our guests to feel relaxed and at home.
I was over the moon to see that my management team moved you to another room due to a wedding reception being below your first room on one of the nights you stayed. I am very proud of them all and pleased that you enjoyed your night’s sleep.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back when you next visit London from the USA.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

St Ermin's is a wonderful hotel! We just returned after a 5 night stay. The hotel location is great as you are only a 10 minute walk to major sites including Buckingham Palace. The hotel staff are very knowledgeable and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The hotel is immaculate and the lobby is amazing. Our room included a continental breakfast which consisted of juices, meats and rolls. The area around the hotel is safe as Scotland Yard is across the street. There are also grocery stores near if needed. The London Tube St James stop is also only a short walk away. On the 3rd floor they have a bee observatory which is very interesting. The Caxton Grill at the hotel is superb! Stay here and relax!

Room Tip: Rooms are small. However this is typical of European hotels. Upgrade to a suite if you want more roo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank rotyluvr

Hi There,
Why, thank you for giving your review such a lovely heading.
It makes me happy to read that you found my team so knowledgeable and welcoming. We love our guests to feel part of the St. Ermin’s family and I know they would have been only too pleased to help with any information you required during your 5 night stay.
I see you had Continental breakfast included in your room rate, which gave you the chance to sample our wide selection of items to choose from. Glad you liked it.
We receive many comments regarding our location and how we are so close to a lot of the main London attractions. With the tube station only being a short walk it is easy to venture in to other areas such as Covent Garden, Oxford Street and the City of London itself.
I am so happy that you decided to eat in our Caxton Grill. We have a very talented head chef who creates lovely dishes for our menu and I am pleased you enjoyed it.
If ever you return to London from Illinois please do come and stay with us again. We would love to see you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

St Ermin's is the perfect hotel for a family stay in London. As a family of five it is often hard to find a quality hotel which can comfortably accommodate five in one room (2 of the kids are teenagers!) but St Ermin's have great family rooms with 2 queen beds and a single day bed. The room had plenty of space for luggage and the best thing of all was the two bathrooms! The staff were also some of the most friendly and helpful of any hotel I've stayed in, nothing was too much trouble. The location of the hotel is also excellent. Less than a minutes walk to a tube station or a comfortable stroll to Big Ben, London Dungeons, Millennium Wheel etc.
I think the hotel would also be a gorgeous place for a romantic weekend. The building is beautiful and the reception area is stunning. The restaurant was also fantastic with amazing food.
I really can't find anything negative to say about our stay, we all had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EH278
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hi There,
It was truly lovely to read your review following your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased that you and your family were able to book one of our beautiful family rooms which I agree are a bonus especially with the two bathrooms. We also get friends that wish to share take these due to the additional room and amenities.
I see you made the most of our location due to many of the main attractions being on our doorstep.
It’s great to read that you found the food in the Caxton Grill just amazing. We do have a very talented team working here and there are new creations all the time.
It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back whenever you are next in London.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

St. Ermin's Hotel is a very upscale London hotel located about 5 minutes from Buckingham Palace. The check-in process is very quick and the rooms are nice. I'm just realizing this is a Marriott property so I'm a bit disappointed that I wasn't advised of this during check-in. Breakfast is included with the room and is your standard buffet style. You are greeted and seated very quickly. The overall staff are friendly and helpful. My room faced New Scotland Yard but you could probably get a better view of the city from another room. I left some souvenirs in the night stand but e-mailed the staff and they are going to mail them to me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Terry D

Hi Terry,
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at St. Ermin’s Hotel.
I was surprised to read that you were not notified that we as an Autograph property are part of the Marriott group as we usually offer guests the chance to sign up to the rewards programme. I will certainly speak to my front of house team as I would have expected them to.
It’s great that you had our Continental style breakfast and felt that my team Caxton team greeted and seated you in a very timely manner. Hope you enjoyed our great selection of pastries, bread, cheese, cold meats and many other items.
We do not have any city view rooms. All of our rooms at St. Ermin’s have one of the following views, back of the hotel, Scotland Yard or looking in to our most beautiful courtyard garden.
I am delighted that my housekeeping team have been able to locate your souvenirs that you left and are mailing them to you.
Please do visit us again when you are next in London.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Room was very small a single-room with a double bed
bathroom small no where to dry yourself
Had to change one at a time for wedding
no room for your suitcases so had to leave them on the floor
On the good side the coffee making facilities good
Breakfast expensive would have to think twice before staying again as room was also expensive.for a Queen room the sizei only ok for a single person

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gwendoline J
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Given my previous review, I returned with my wife to see if it could be as good second time around. It was BETTER. If you are looking for somewhere special to stay in London with a wow factor, this is definitely worth considering.
Location: 5 minute walk from the nearest tube and close to Westminster Abbey and the River Thames.
Hotel: full of character as you walk down the tree lined drive to the front entrance. The reception area is pure class on the back of a significant refurb. The reception team clearly enjoy their job and once again provide a warm and sincere welcome.
The room: once again as a Marriott gold member, we were lucky enough to enjoy a room upgrade. The junior suite was compact and perfect with attention to detail including the nespresso machine, plug sockets catering for European and American guests as well as fluffy large bathrobes!
Restaurant: the Caxton grill is a MUST. Elis and his team did an excellent job again. Quality food, Quality service and a superb atmosphere.
My wife and I are now both BIG fans of St.Ermins and the Caxton Grill. It gets a 12/10...top marks and we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KentHonestTraveller

Hello There,
What a joy it was to welcome you back for your second stay at St. Ermin’s.
I am so pleased that you liked your upgrade to a Junior Suite and found it perfect in every way. We do receive many comments about our multi country electric sockets as guests find them really helpful.
It’s great that you chose to dine in the Caxton Grill and found the quality of food excellent as well as my team’s service. I will certainly ensure that Elis and the Caxton team see your review.
I am overjoyed to read that you rated us a 12 out of 10 and will return for a third stay.
We very much look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We enjoyed our overnight at the St Ermin's Hotel. We have stayed in several of the Marriotts in London and was quite happy with this hotel and location. Close to the underground as well as a couple blocks from St James Park or Westminster Abbey in the other direction. Comfortable beds, friendly service, the AC worked great which doesn't always happen in the UK during the summer! We enjoyed the outdoor patio in the evening for a drink over a day of sight seeing.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked Scotland Yard. Not sure that the location affords great views but the location...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hey There,
It was our pleasure to look after you during your stay with us recently.
I was delighted to see that you sat on the veranda in the evening for a drink and found it relaxing. Many of our guests love our courtyard so sit there on a summer’s evening and enjoy watching the world go by.
I am glad that every aspect of your stay met with your expectations and it would be great to have the opportunity of welcoming you back when you next come to London from Aberdeen.