St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #76 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Why stay in this hotel. Why?, for the amazing lobby, great location, fabulous staff, fast free internet and the honey bee's with their own Bee + Bee. Stay, stay, stay and don't forget to eat in the fantastic Caxton Grill restaurant!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hi There,

Wow, thank you for your very lovely review.

I am so pleased that you visited our bee & bee hotel located on our 3rd floor bridge. We love our bees very much and they produce the honey we use in the hotel. Hope you tried some!!

I see you tried the Caxton Grill and really loved the food. We have some very talented chefs and a great team here so glad you liked it.

I note you have said stay, stay, stay and hope you will make us your new home in London.

Warm regards
Douglas McHugh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,033)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I absolutely loved this property. It is in a great part of town where you can walk to great things. Every staff member was super helpful. And one of my most favorite things traveling as an American in Britian...THEY HAD U.S. ELECTRIC OUTLETS ON THE DESK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't rave enough!

Food great, drinks great, breakfast, great! Thanks St Ermins. I will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mel30324
Hi Mel,

It's really grest to hear that you can't rave enough about St. Ermin's following your recent stay.

I see you loved everything from my team, the food, drinks and our multi way sockets which we have in each room. Many guests comment on these saying how great it is not to have to use several chargers.

We would love to welcome you back and look forward to it.

Warm rrgsrds
Douglas McHugh
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Tucked away just a few minutes walk from Westminster Abbey and St. James tube station this was a pleasant surprise in a hustling city.

Although the rooms were a little on the small side, the hotel amenities including the spacious and elegant lobby, excellent restaurant and breakfast bar, WiFi access and well functioning bath suites were excellent.

Friendly international staff.

The only issue we had was that there was a false firm alarm that evacuated the hotel during our stay. I was of two minds re the cleaning staff that refused to let us into our room since we were locked out without a key after the quick exodus - admiration and respect for her commitment to the privacy and security rules and frustration at the craziness of it all.

Overall an excellent stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MMX_Travelogue
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband traveled to London for business and stayed at St. Ermin's hotel for two weeks. I was able to join him for six days, and the location was perfect for both of us. He was close to work and I had an easy time walking to a number of London's well-known sites. Also, the tube was only a block and a half from the hotel for use to get to the Tower of London and Shakespeare's Globe. The hotel was quiet and both the lobby and the conference area were stunningly beautiful. My only reservations about the hotel were the lack of drawer space, and the day-to-day cleaning of the guest rooms. As previous reviewers have mentioned, there was only one drawer and a small wardrobe, which meant that many of our clothes remained in our suitcases throughout the duration of the trip. Also, the cleaning of our room was a bit spotty. Empty Starbucks coffee cups were left on the counters and on one occasion we found that our used pillowcases had been thrown on the back of the sofa and forgotten. Although we are not messy people, the result of the lack of storage space and spotty cleaning was that the room felt more cramped than necessary. In fact, it should have been luxurious! I would recommend this hotel if you are in London for a short stay and if you are able to make a reservation at a discounted rate as the guest rooms are quite expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Fermin2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Nice hotel. Small rooms. Bit expensive. Centrally located. Close and walking distance to a lot of attractions. Right on the tube, bus line and big bus routes. It is more business oriented. you will see people with suits going in and out all day long.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank Victor A
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at St. Ermins because I'm a fan of the Marriott hotels but especially the "Autograph Collection" so when I found this property to be available for one night I booked it.The one thing that I have found consistent at all Marriott properties are the comfortable beds and pillows. St. Ermin's was no exception. It's very easy to get to near St. James's Square around the corner from Scotland Yard and the Tube Station. I loved how beautifully restored the building is. Check in was easy, the front desk staff very friendly. I was given a room on the 6th floor at the very end of the corridor. The room is very modern, hip if you will, but not over the top, comfortable. Fell in love with the "Rain" shower head. The body wash and shampoo were great, enjoyed the scent and I don't usually like scented products. There wasn't much of a view but liked the frosted design on the window glass and blackout curtains. Free wifi worked quite well, thank you for that! The room was so nice I called to extend my stay another night. My only complaint was with the brand of in room coffee, I didn't like it and ended up going to Starbucks. Part of the problem was both instant and brewed brands were too weak. If I may suggest for instant use the Starbucks brand and double up on the brewed bags for a stronger cup. I really like to start my day with a cup of good coffee in my room. I would still return to the St. Ermins on my next visit to London.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet, no noisy neighbors!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank CruiseOneSF
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed there for one week with two other adults and one child. We were given a room with two double beds and it was so small that you couldn't even wheel your suitcase across room. It only had a tiny bench with a drawer and a small wardrobe in foyer for four people. Well, needless to say we changed rooms and had to pay more money for a family suite. I think they should combine these small rooms to make a bigger room. Otherwise, the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location is great, close to train and alot of attractions. I would give them a 5 rating if it weren't for the really small rooms that they offer but don't really show when you look at the rooms on their web site. Also, high tea was fantastc.

Room Tip: The suite was fine but your paying for it. Their standard rooms are way too small.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family