“Loved this hotel!”

Ranked #78 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Los Angeles, California
“Loved this hotel!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great experience. Great location. Was able to walk to many sights. Very good location. Close enough to theaters and restaurants to be able to walk but not so close as to be loud. Outstanding service. Lovely breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hi There,
Thank you for choosing the St. Ermin’s to stay during your time in London.
It was lovely to welcome you to the hotel and it was a pleasure to look after you.
I am so pleased you found our service outstanding and that you really enjoyed your breakfast, which many of our guests comment on as it fills you up to start your sightseeing day.
Please do come and visit us again from California soon.
Douglas McHugh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,087)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

By far one of the best hotels I have stayed in, the staff have a "yes can do attitude" and are really friendly and welcoming. A special thank you to the management, consierge and security staff Colin, Patrick and Stephen for making our stay unforgettable, my wife and kids are looking forward to our next stay at St Ermin's. Highly recommend and extremely family friendly.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Juan K
Hi Juan,
How lovely it is to read that you feel that all of my team have a ‘yes can do attitude’. I work very closely with them to achieve such high standards of service as well as them making our guests feel welcome and at home here.
I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and I will certainly pass on your thanks to all concerned.
It was a pleasure for us to have you stay and I am sure they will all look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit. Don’t leave it too long!
chicago
Reviewed 19 August 2014

As everyone has mentioned, the location of this hotel can't be beat. You can walk to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and many other landmarks. The street immediately outside the hotel is very quiet, but as soon as you turn the corner, there are several places to eat and shop.

The common areas of the hotel are wonderful. We had a buffet breakfast included in our stay and it was a wonderful way to start the day. I highly recommend this option, especially with kids before you start your days of sightseeing.

The rooms were well appointed but our biggest complaint was the size of the rooms. We had reserved two deluxe rooms for our family of 5 (we should have done the family suite) and even in that category, the room size does vary greatly. I immediately asked to switch rooms when seeing the size of the first room we were given. The hotel was very accommodating but it was still crowded for 3 kids. My only other room complaint was the lack of drawers. In both of our rooms, we had only one very small armoire with one drawer. I never understand hotels that lack in drawer space as most travelers prefer to unpack a bit rather than live out of their suitcases, even for 4 short nights. We had a large bench which could have easily been substituted for a dresser. I asked the bell hop about this and he said that some of the rooms do have dressers, but not all of them. If this is an issue for you,then I would make the request ahead of time. Also, request a room looking into the courtyard rather than into an office building.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel for the location, the quality of the staff and accommodations.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LakeMichiganGirl
Hi There,
I was pleased to read that you found our breakfast which was included in your rate really great. I must say that our continental buffet breakfast does have such a wide selection of items, such as pastries, yoghurts, bread, fruit, cereals, cheese, cold meat etc. and many guest say how wonderful this is.
I am sorry to read that you were not happy with the size of your rooms upon arrival. We do have many different room categories at St. Ermin’s and due to the unique way in which the hotel is built all vary in shape, size and view. However some of these rooms such as our family rooms which have two queen beds, a day bed and two bathrooms and our Suites are ideal for 5 people and are more spacious to.
It’s great to read that you would recommend St. Ermin’s and if you do return to London please do contact us to discuss the room categories so that we are able to help you make the right choice of room for you.
We look forward to seeing you all again.
San Francisco
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had two double beds, which was perfect for the 3 of us. The rooms are tastefully decorated and the hotel is beautiful. Because our room was not ready when we arrived at 3:00pm, the management offered us drinks in the very attractive bar while we waited, and then afterwards invited us to have dinner and drinks later that evening in the bar. How nice was that? Totally unexpected and very generous of them. Our stay of 4 nights was perfect. The location is great for all the tourist attractions, and the staff was always available to help us get a taxi or to chat about our day. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in London.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us recently.
I was very sorry to read that your room was not ready for you on arrival and that it too a little time for us to allocate this to you. I can assure you that this is not indicative of our service levels, but I am pleased that my team looked after you whilst you were waiting and again in the evening for dinner.
It’s great to read that you found your stay just perfect and that all of my team were always available to help you get your taxi’s and to have a friendly chat following your day out in London.
Thank you for recommending us to others and we hope we will see you again when you next visit London.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hard to beat the location of this hotel and everyone we came in contact with provided very good service. AC wasn't working on the hot afternoon that we checked in but was fixed by bedtime; such is life in an older hotel like this. We had a 'family room' - two queen beds and two bathrooms - which is prefect for a family of four wiling to stay in the same room. I did make the mistake of having the hotel convert pounds to US dollars; I mst have still been in a haze, VISA would have given a better rate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi There,
It’s lovely to read that you think we are in an ideal location for everything. Many guests say how easy it is to go sightseeing and eat out in the evenings as nothing is too far from our doorstep.
I see you had one of our beautiful family rooms which are really spacious especially with the extra bathroom and amenities. They are really popular rooms as both families and friends travelling together love to stay in them. I was sorry to hear that the air conditioning wasn’t working at the time you arrived, but glad that this was fixed for your return in the evening.
It was lovely to welcome you all to the hotel and we hope that if you return from North Carolina in the future you will once again stay at St. Ermin’s Hotel.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2014

When traveling to London there are numerous 5 star properties all touting exemplary customer service, all the amenities and "the in" place to be. St. Ermin's is all of that and more. Discretly located across from New Scotland Yard and near the tube it has now become my "go to" home away from home. From the moment you arrive, before you even get into the property, a proper man in a bowler hat welcomes you with a smile and seamlessly takes your luggage safely away. Check in was just seamless. The smile and can do attitude showed through with everyone we interacted with. Need a car to the airport...done. Need water...done. Need directions...done. Need reservations...done. Need a newspaper...done. Once you move into your room the surprises continue. Airconditioning works, state of the art decor and a cute little "Bee and Bee" area for the local bees...very cool.
Marriott has done a great job with the autograph collection. I have stayed at 3 of them across the globe and all have been state of the art, unique and a pleasure to stay at.
Thank you the staff at St. Ermin's for a delightful stay...looking forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cszostak
Hi There,
What a truly lovely review you have posted following your stay with us. Thank you!
I was delighted that you found absolutely everything met with your expectations and that everyone was so helpful and made you feel welcome.
Our bee’s are really special to us which is why we built our Bee & Bee Hotel. The also look after us by providing our honey which is used throughout the hotel. Glad you visited them and liked what we have done.
It makes me really happy to read that you have now made us your new home from home and we can’t wait for you to return to your new St. Ermin’s family.
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just the job for business or sightseeing. Well designed lobby and bar. Friendly staff. Good rooms with beautiful bed linen. Good WIFI. And so quiet we could sleep with the windows open. Lovely to be able to walk across St. James' Park to business meetings and be woken up by the sound of Big Ben.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hi There,
I was delighted to read your review and to know that you would stay with us both on business or pleasure. We do have some guests who stay as business and then add an extra day or two for sightseeing.
It’s great that you found my team all friendly as I work closely with them to ensure that our guests are given the level of service which makes them feel at home as well as relaxed.
We do have a great wifi system so I am pleased you used this during your stay and yes we are in a quiet area once in our courtyard so you can easily sleep with the windows open.
It was great to welcome you and we look forward to you returning again when you are next on business.