“Nice hotel in a great location!”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #80 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 September 2014

This hotel was a great place for our 3 night stay in London. It is tucked out of the way for a nice quiet stay, but only a few block away from Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and surrounding area, all of which my husband and I walked to within 10-15 min time. The hotel is very beautiful with nice, trendy decor. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions we had. The room and bathroom were a little on the smaller side, but very clean and had plenty of space for my husband and I to be comfortable. They also had a power strip w/American outlets which was a great bonus when it came to charging phones, camera batteries, etc. We would definitely love to stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aschweppe
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Hi There,
It was such a pleasure to welcome you and your husband to St. Ermin’s for your recent stay.
How lovely it is to read that you thought my team were very helpful and that you really found your room to be more than adequate for two of you.
I see you visited all of the main attractions that are very close to us – in walking distance – and I hope you had a great time.
We have multi way adapter strips in all of our rooms and we find that our guests really love this facility as as you say it makes charging phones, cameras, IPADs etc easier without using loads of adapters.
I am so pleased to read that you would definitely love to stay again as we would love to look after you again in the future.
Douglas McHugh

Write a ReviewReviews (5,879)

Reviewed 3 September 2014

We stayed here for only 1 night however the service from the staff are to be much praised ,so helpful and willing as soon as you first enter the hotel, which is in a lovely quiet location you don't feel your in the heart of the city as little traffic noise. The room we stayed in was deluxe a bit on the small side but very clean. The view looked down onto the entrance but we heard little noise. We were so close to tube stations and the great attractions London eye,Westminster abbey. A wonderful experience with the family. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2014
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Hi There,
Thank you for praising my team so much and I will ensure that they see your review as it will please them immensely.
I am glad you had one of our lovely rooms overlooking the courtyard….it is a truly lovely view and on the whole very quiet.
I am delighted that you and your family has a wonderful stay experience and I we look forward to meeting you again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

The hotel is beautiful and as others have said, it's in a great location (which is the main reason why I chose it). The rooms are small, but quiet and nicely done. There was one notable drawback, however, in that the showers are not made for very tall people. My husband (6 foot, 6 inches) was unable to stand upright so he said showering was rather uncomfortable. My son who is 6 foot just cleared it. We were not impressed with the restaurant and ate only one dinner there (on the night we arrived because it was late and we were exhausted). The food was very expensive and the selection was not to our taste. We did have the continental breakfast (included with our package) but it got boring after a while so on several mornings we went to the Royal Quarter Cafe a few blocks a way. The staff were very nice and helpful.

Hi There,
Thanks for writing your review upon your return home.
I have noted your comments regarding your shower in the room that you were allocated for your stay and I am sorry that you found this uncomfortable. We do have rooms that have walk in showers without a bath and it is a shame that we were not aware of this as would have tried to move you to one of these rooms which I am sure you would have found wonderful.
However, I am pleased that overall you seem to have had an enjoyable stay with us and I do hope that you will visit us again when you are next in London.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night at the beginning of this year and could not fault any aspects of our stay. Albeit we just needed a bed for a night and therefore booked a pretty standard room for a short stay. But this was still long enough to get a feel for this hotel.

The entrance reminds me somewhat of our stay at the Savoy and the service is equally on par.
The staff our friendly, the rooms our clean and quiet, and the location is great.

The breakfast is a must and there is a great variety of foods and drinks which will set you for the day.

I can not comment on the views too much, but can say that an east facing room would look over the Scotland yard building. To be honest I don't think the other orientations would offer anything spectacular but then this hotel doesn't pride itself over city views.

Architecturally speaking the building is very grand and offers a sense of satisfaction when you walk in to the main entrance hall.

I a nutshell a very good hotel!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank oli18smith

Hi There,
I think it is truly lovely that you though that are building is very grand and that you loved our entrance. It is pretty spectacular!
I see you had breakfast with us each day and found our selection really good. We do have lots to choose from ie. cereals, pastries, fruit, cheese, cold meat and much much more. Glad you loved it.
We do have some rooms that overlook our beautiful courtyard which I am sure you would love!
Please do come and stay for longer next time round as we would love to look after you.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

We have stayed at St Ermins for the last two summers when travelling from Canada to London. When we decided to go back to London in 2014 we could not find any other accomodation which would meet the standard St Ermins had set for us in 2013.

For our family of four, with two teenagers, the " family Room" provided more than enough space. With two bathrooms getting ready for a full day of sightseeing was no problem.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and the service truly exceptional. Even my 15 year old son commented on how attentive the wait staff was.

However, the best service was from the concierge. My son had left his eye glasses at a previous hotel in Munich. The Munich hotel forwarded the glasses on, but not in a timely manner. The concierge at St Ermins kept a look out for the package and was able to send it to us after we arrived home. It took only six days for us to receive the eyeglasses once they reached St Ermins!!

A great big thanks to the staff at St Ermins. You are all excellent.

2  Thank Lisa A

Hey Lisa,
Thanks for your review and thank you for returning to stay with us!
It is just wonderful to read your very lovely comments about my concierge team and I am glad we could return your son’s glasses to you even though they arrived after you had departed. It was our pleasure to send them on.
I see you had one of our lovely family rooms which have two bathrooms and yes this is a great help in the mornings and evenings when getting everyone ready. They are very popular these days as much more space when travelling together as a family.
I will certainly pass on your great big thanks to my team as they will be delighted to read your review and thank you for choosing St. Ermin’s to stay once more.
We can’t wait to see you all again perhaps in 2015!!!!!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed here in August 2014. The hotel was a little difficult for the taxi driver to find, but maybe he was "new". The location was good for many things, except an assortment of restaurants near by. When we arrived our room was not ready, so we had lunch in the pub. It was good. Then we went to our room. It was very nice, not overly large and our view was not nice of the building next door. The room was comfortable, quiet and clean. The bed was comfortable and we had problems with the water pressure, too. Apparently there was a watermain break that was being repaired nearby and it was affecting every business. Even the street was partly closed nearby. We were very close to Westminster Abbey and about 10 minutes walk from Buckingham Palace and Victoria station. There were only a few restaurants near by other than in the hotel. We ate at the Colosseum and The Albert, which were both fine. On Sunday we tried to find something a little nicer and were directed to the Blue Boar-which was the bar/restaurant at the Intercontinental hotel a few minutes walk from this hotel. It was good, but not what we were hoping for. Something a little nicer was hard to find, but hey you don't go to London for the food! There were Pret et mange grab and go restaurants everywhere for our breakfasts and also Starbucks everywhere.
The entrance to this hotel is beautiful and the staff were very good. It was an expensive hotel, so I was glad I was able to use points to help pay for it. Overall a positive experience. I would stay there again, but plan to eat in Soho. We were only there for 3 nights, so everything was rushed and Soho wasn't super close by and we were exhausted at the end of every day.

Room Tip: not sure-we took the one we were given and didn't complain, but it would have been nice to have...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liznfamily

Hi Liz,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
I am so sorry to read that you were affected by the water main that burst during your stay and as you say affected all businesses in the area on those days. However, I am pleased that this did not detract too much from the enjoyment of your stay with us.
We do have many different room categories at St. Ermin’s and many have a view of our beautiful courtyard. So are also larger due to the way in which the hotel has been built. Please do check with our reservations when you make your next booking as they will be able to guide you on sizes and view.
It was a pleasure having you stay and we can’t wait for you to return!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This was a great place to stay to take in the sights. Walking distance to many attractions and a two minute walk to the tube - which also gets you to Victoria station for a train to Gatwick or to Paddington and the Heathrow express. I cannot say enough about the staff at the hotel. They were the reason we would recommend this hotel over any other. The room we stayed in on the 5th floor was wonderful with plenty of room for two adults and a child. If you have a sweet tooth, the tea service on the second floor is for you! We had breakfast in the room several times - it was tasty and reasonably priced. While this hotel is not inexpensive, the location, the building, the rooms and mostly the staff is a cut above comparable hotels. It's never the stuff that matters, it's always the people. Stay here and enjoy their hospitality.

Hi There,
Thank you for commenting on how lovely my team are and that you can’t say enough about them. They will be pleased to read this.
I see you had afternoon tea with us and enjoyed all of our sweet things that we have to offer. I have to say they are delightful and very moreish.
Glad you loved you room and found it more than adequate for you and your family.
I know that I can say on behalf of my whole team that it was a joy to have looked after you during your stay with here and we can’t wait for you to return.