“Great food, friendly staff and cosy interiors ”

Little Georgia - Barnsbury
Ranked #4,308 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Unexpectedly, the food tasted exactly as delicious as in the many many Georgian restaurants I've tried over a decade in Russia: amazing starters, irresistible khachapouri, serious wine! And they even have my favorite Borjomi ! Great place !

1  Thank Oblomovic
There are newer reviews for Little Georgia - Barnsbury

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Came here on a Tuesday evening at about 8pm and ordered two mains. After waiting forty minutes we were getting quite hungry and also a bit annoyed that 3 tables which had come in after us had received their starters.We called the waitress who apologised and said it was taking a longer time as they were main meals and that they were meat dishes. Finally, 80 minutes after we had ordered our mains arrived; pork shish and bean stew. The food was very tasty and the waitress also brought a complimentary dish of beetroot salad which was delicious. I've marked this restaurant down because of the long wait, however the food was good and also great value.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We lived quite close to this restaurant so decided to try it one day. What a lovely experience we had. The place itself is cosy and the atmosphere very friendly, but most importantly the food was mouth-watering, the salads were delicious and I especially liked the cheese bread. We had such a great night, would go back any time. It's always packed though, so I recommend reserving a table beforehand.

1  Thank Emilia690
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Lovely local restaurant with authentic delicious food and a charming atmosphere. My boyfriend's Russian parents love this place, and so do we. It is a classy and romantic place for dinner. The khachapuri is sensational.

1  Thank EveSalt
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I've been passing by this restaurant for two years and have always wanted to try. Finally, we went last week and I wasn't disappointed.
We went on a Saturday and it was buzzing, with a big group and a few couples, about half full.

We really enjoyed our meal. We shared a large cheese bread as starter (quite close to a maroilles tart, really nice), then my boyfriend had the beef stew (lovely, somehow reminded me of Nepalese cuisine thanks to the spices) and I had the poussin with plum sauce. It was tasty, well cooked and generously served. I was surprised to find that the plum sauce was really cold, as I'm not used to very cold condiment with hot food but I got over it (need to learn new things!) and really enjoyed the taste. I got the Polish beer and my bf got the Russian one, both of them quite tasty. Sadly we didn't have time to try on the desserts (we went to the jazz club on Chapel Market for the start of the gig) but it sounded yummy.

Overall, it came to £24 each with service, which didn't feel cheap but was acceptable for the standard of food we had. More would have felt expensive.
I really liked the deco in it. Service was friendly. I was somehow expecting more warmth from the staff after reading the reviews, and I was surprised to find they were quite indifferent when we arrived and left (we said hello and goodbye but only one person noticed, the other two women were chatting together and didn't aknowledge us, and in such a small place it kind of matters), and barely talked to us. But they still served with a smile and asked if we enjoyed the main, so all in all service was good.
We will definitely come back and I would recommend it to friends.