“Not all Ibis are equal”

Ibis Styles London Leyton
Ranked #559 of 1,090 Hotels in London
“Not all Ibis are equal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had stayed at the Ibis in Berlin and were very pleased with those accommodations, so we looked forward to our Ibis stay in London. Our original reservations were for 2 nights, but after a couple of hours we made reservations at another hotel. Our rooms were not in the main hotel, but across the busy street in the other building/annex. So we had to drag our luggages across that busy street. Upon entering the building/annex, there was an area that may have been a high security receptionist station; I never saw anyone there. Each time we entered or departed the elevator, the smell of pets lingered. In our travels we like to walk to sites, explore the neighborhood, stay out late; this was not such a neighborhood.

I must say the front office staff was friendly and helpful. However, when I asked for a city cab I was directed to a house phone which was linked directly to a local cab company, not the city cab. It took approximately 90 minutes to get to city center. Though a breakfast buffet was available, all I could remember eating was yogurt.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Phil367
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Styles London Leyton, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed for 2 nights during Prudential RideLondon100 event. Proximity to the Olympic Park was the overriding factor for choosing this hotel. We expected clean, basic accommodation and were not disappointed. Given the location and guest turnover, it's not surprising that everything is a little shabby, but the friendly, proactive staff and good breakfast buffet made up for that. Traffic noise was not an issue despite being on a busy main road. Food choice in the immediate area is restricted to fast food, although Woo Lot (only about 150 yards away) provides large portions of very tasty chinese food to eat in or take away at a reasonable price. Recommend this hotel if you're price conscious and not picky!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Michael
Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

The staff were very helpful & courteous. The rooms in the block on the opposite side of the road were good. The free WIFI was a bonus. I enjoyed my stay although I only stayed for 3 nights. The breakfast was adequate & tasted ok. I traveled at the end of June 2011 but the column in which I filled in I stated sep 2012 as it only has 1 year. The Asian origin staff were very kind & the African origin porter was of great assistance.
The only fault was with the lift in the building across the road as it used to get stuck at the time I visited. It may be OK now. The area is quite at night & the trains did not disturb me. I would check in on y next visit. I can recomend it to people who want a place when vacationing.

Room Tip: I used only 1 room & cannot comment about the other rooms. I got what I paid for & I am very...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, 7 August 2013

Kind regards,
william
Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Price was ok for London but, the room electric lighting was poor. The bathroom had a smell of damp, the tiles had mould and the air con in the bathroom was caked in dust.
Breakfast was boring and tasteless. I recommend the management eat the continental breakfast for four days. If that does not give them the incentive to improve it then....Nothing will.

Room Tip: Not at the front where traffick noise will keep you awake
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lucian_Swe
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, 6 August 2013

Junaid

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

bognor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

booked ibis leyton as we went to anniversary games and was under £140 for 2 nights for 3 of us, good bits were free parking as we had booked early and free breakfast, other than that it was pretty standard. there are 2 sections to this hotel each on opposite sides of the road, we were across the road without reception, which i think with a young child isnt very good, its a main road to cross to go to breakfast each morning. Breakfast is fine, but there is severe lack of seating, very much like a hostel. receptionists were helpful, room was stuffy and hot and air con started blowing out hot air in night, 15 minute walk from nearest tube, only £4.50 in taxi. Room kept clean...would class this in the ibis budget range. definately not somewhere for young family

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BognorSplodge
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be
dealt with accordingly.

Kind regards,
William
Crewe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

stayed here for four nights in July, a perfectly serviceable hotel. good breakfast, good check in and out times, free wifi
handy for london
very handy for olympic park
good neighbourhood facilities
but
fair trek from walthamstow central tube
soap dish in our room was filthy
cobweb in the bathroom ceiling whole time we were there
£10 deposit for air con remote
wifi expired every 12 hours
stayed in room 222 - quiet room but had to ask for it

Room Tip: we stayed in room 222 - quiet side of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple