“Below Average”

Ibis Styles London Leyton
Ranked #558 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Below Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

The breakfast was terrible. My room was spider invested. You would expect a hotel to have great wifi but every day I went to the front desk to get a wifi code (which I shouldn't have to do) and the wifi was bad. The lift or elevator was so small and if your lucky enough to get a room next to the lift you would hear it all night. So overall it's a no go for me.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Hyltonboy
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Styles London Leyton, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

William

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for two nights.

We arrived at the car park and kept looking for the reception. There was absolutely no sign to say the reception was across the street grom where we were.

After checking in we went to the room and were pleasantly surprised. Our room looked alright and was clean.

the location is great in terms of experiencing a different shopping style. If you walk up to walthamstow where the tube station is (20mins). You will find the longest street market in europe (as I was told). You will find bargains the whole way. Look for an olives stand and try them they are excellent and a bargain. And get your london fridge magnets or key rings for a pound instead of £2 in central London.

One thing about the hotel that wasn't great and that was the person who supposedly welcomes you to breakfast. Very unpleasant, we wanted a table closer to the breakfast as we had a baby and needed to keep an eye on her so we found one that still wasn't cleared so as we approached it we got a very rude look from her and a "sit on another table" she did not say please nor did she smile. I personally thought that was lack of hospitality and customer care.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank lam b
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.

Kind regards,
WILLIAM
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

If you expect a clean, basic hotel hotel in London, do not choose the Ibis Styles Layton in London. The hallways and our bathroom smelled disgusting. The room was dirty with mold growing in the bathroom, cobwebs near the ceiling and generally unclean. The furniture was broken - with splintery corners, on which my girlfriend caught her sweater, damaging it.

This hotel was our second to last trip through several stops in continental Europe, and 7 other hotels. This hotel was by far the worst!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mia D
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, 13 August 2013

William

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had stayed at the Ibis in Berlin and were very pleased with those accommodations, so we looked forward to our Ibis stay in London. Our original reservations were for 2 nights, but after a couple of hours we made reservations at another hotel. Our rooms were not in the main hotel, but across the busy street in the other building/annex. So we had to drag our luggages across that busy street. Upon entering the building/annex, there was an area that may have been a high security receptionist station; I never saw anyone there. Each time we entered or departed the elevator, the smell of pets lingered. In our travels we like to walk to sites, explore the neighborhood, stay out late; this was not such a neighborhood.

I must say the front office staff was friendly and helpful. However, when I asked for a city cab I was directed to a house phone which was linked directly to a local cab company, not the city cab. It took approximately 90 minutes to get to city center. Though a breakfast buffet was available, all I could remember eating was yogurt.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Phil367
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, 8 August 2013

Michael
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed for 2 nights during Prudential RideLondon100 event. Proximity to the Olympic Park was the overriding factor for choosing this hotel. We expected clean, basic accommodation and were not disappointed. Given the location and guest turnover, it's not surprising that everything is a little shabby, but the friendly, proactive staff and good breakfast buffet made up for that. Traffic noise was not an issue despite being on a busy main road. Food choice in the immediate area is restricted to fast food, although Woo Lot (only about 150 yards away) provides large portions of very tasty chinese food to eat in or take away at a reasonable price. Recommend this hotel if you're price conscious and not picky!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple