“Clean and tidy”

Ranked #7,006 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Description: The Tattersalls Tavern is a welcoming pub in the centre of Knightsbridge. We're close to Harrods and Harvey Nichols so we're perfect for a relaxing break from shopping and for those looking for the best in British pub food and drink. Tattersall Tavern is named after the famous Tattersall's horse market found by Richard Tattersall in 1766. The pub was built on the site of Tattersalls Blood Stock Market in 1958. We're proud to say our menu is packed with Great British pub food classics, including iconic dishes like our hand-battered fish and chips, pie and mash and succulent burgers. Our drinks include a great range of real ales and an extensive wine list. Our cask ales range has some of the best in British beers, including the new 1730, our very own special pale ale. The team at the Tattersalls Tavern look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The pub was only just waking up at about the time we entered at 10am for for a ite to eat. It was nice and clean, well set out, and friendly with breakfast quickly delivered. The setting faciliated a very productive and easy business meeting to prepare for a more serious meeting later in the day.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have only eaten in the pub on the ground floor, the restaurant is on lower level. Yes, you have to find a table and then order but it is delicious food for a drinking day or a shopping day. We always come here on our annual pre-Christmas trip to London, usually but not always eat lunch. It is always friendly; at Christmas there are always tourists/shoppers full of good cheer. The menu is not adventurous but served quickly and there is lots of it. The loos are sometimes needing attention because they are so busy. I hate errant pieces of loo roll!!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I visited this Pub on a busy Saturday (15th December) with 20 Ladies on a day trip to London.

After contacting many London establishments to no avail I contacted the Tattersall Tavern where I spoke with Vanda (manager) who could not have been more accommodating and trusting. (I mean to accept such a large booking on good faith is in itself fantastic) we spoke at length via email over the next 2 weeks and arranged a pre-order to get things in order. I cannot put into words how great the service was and the level of contact received nothing for this venue was too much trouble. Believe me it is not easy to find somewhere in London to accommodate this amount of people just before Xmas that wasn’t ridiculously priced.

Turning to the actual day….Although we were running late due to congestion, Vanda and her team were ready and waiting for us to arrive. We received full table service and our meals all came out red hot and perfectly cooked. Everyone in my group was happy and the quality of the meals was superb. The value for money this place offers along with the variety of food available is perfect there was something for everyone.

Vanda found time to come and speak to me even though she was very busy as it was Harrods staff Xmas Ball, She offered guidance and advise and made me feel so welcome and appreciated. I must say I’ve encountered many pub managers but she is very good at what she does and very organised!!

The hospitality and kindness provided by Vanda and her team exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend your establishment to anyone coming to London as a reasonably priced and high quality pub with a traditional atmosphere.

Well done to say you coped with us all in such a professional manner when you were already so busy. Thanks to everyone at the Tattersalls Tavern.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

For a friendly and quick pub drink and feed, Tattersalls Tavern ticks a lot of boxes. The service was fast and friendly, and whilst the menu is fairly predictable, why would they change a winning combination. The food arrived quickly, and the servings were generous.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

After waiting 20minutes for someone to take our food and drinks order, we then waited another 45 mins for our food. Out of the party of 5 people my food order was forgotten so I asked the waitress how long it would be. Without a sorry or apology for the mix up she simply replied 'it will be soon'. At this stage my party had finished eating and my dinner was no where to be seen. I went over to the barman, told him the situation that I had ordered food an hour ago; he did not care and was very rude... Eventually my food arrived, the barman then arrived over at our table in an intimidating manner and said 'you ordered 38 minutes ago not an hour, do you still want it'. What a rude establishment, do not eat here!!!

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Tattersalls Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Ned1989, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Taylor Walker