“Great Cod and Chips!”

Ranked #7,150 of 23,015 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Description: The Tattersalls Tavern is a welcoming pub in the centre of Knightsbridge. We're close to Harrods and Harvey Nichols so we're perfect for a relaxing break from shopping and for those looking for the best in British pub food and drink. Tattersall Tavern is named after the famous Tattersall's horse market found by Richard Tattersall in 1766. The pub was built on the site of Tattersalls Blood Stock Market in 1958. We're proud to say our menu is packed with Great British pub food classics, including iconic dishes like our hand-battered fish and chips, pie and mash and succulent burgers. Our drinks include a great range of real ales and an extensive wine list. Our cask ales range has some of the best in British beers, including the new 1730, our very own special pale ale. The team at the Tattersalls Tavern look forward to welcoming you soon.
Austin, Texas
“Great Cod and Chips!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

On my final day of a short trip in London, I was craving simple food and happened into this pub. It was clean and the service was good. The Guinness was good, too. The atmosphere was decent. But the Cod & Chips was excellent! It was a great big piece of fish, lightly battered with nice chips; not too filling, even!

Visited February 2014

• Greek first
leeds
“Very much enjoyed the food.”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Have had drinks in this pub many times over the last few years but somehow have not eaten there until Friday. And I can only conclude it's because it is usually so busy and difficult to get a seat. In London for the day it was surprisingly quiet in Knightsbridge we decided to take a chance and eat. Good, plain pub food my friend had the Scampi with chips and peas and I had the Bangers and mash. I particularly enjoyed the onion gravy and whilst the meals are not very big we found them enough for us. Our bill with two large glasses of wine was slightly over £30 which we thought was okay for London. Will definitely eat here again.

• Visited January 2014
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Clean and tidy”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The pub was only just waking up at about the time we entered at 10am for for a ite to eat. It was nice and clean, well set out, and friendly with breakfast quickly delivered. The setting faciliated a very productive and easy business meeting to prepare for a more serious meeting later in the day.

• Visited January 2014
Alvechurch, United Kingdom
“good pub food”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have only eaten in the pub on the ground floor, the restaurant is on lower level. Yes, you have to find a table and then order but it is delicious food for a drinking day or a shopping day. We always come here on our annual pre-Christmas trip to London, usually but not always eat lunch. It is always friendly; at Christmas there are always tourists/shoppers full of good cheer. The menu is not adventurous but served quickly and there is lots of it. The loos are sometimes needing attention because they are so busy. I hate errant pieces of loo roll!!

• Visited December 2013
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Food Fantstic Service and Location”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I visited this Pub on a busy Saturday (15th December) with 20 Ladies on a day trip to London.

After contacting many London establishments to no avail I contacted the Tattersall Tavern where I spoke with Vanda (manager) who could not have been more accommodating and trusting. (I mean to accept such a large booking on good faith is in itself fantastic) we spoke at length via email over the next 2 weeks and arranged a pre-order to get things in order. I cannot put into words how great the service was and the level of contact received nothing for this venue was too much trouble. Believe me it is not easy to find somewhere in London to accommodate this amount of people just before Xmas that wasn’t ridiculously priced.

Turning to the actual day….Although we were running late due to congestion, Vanda and her team were ready and waiting for us to arrive. We received full table service and our meals all came out red hot and perfectly cooked. Everyone in my group was happy and the quality of the meals was superb. The value for money this place offers along with the variety of food available is perfect there was something for everyone.

Vanda found time to come and speak to me even though she was very busy as it was Harrods staff Xmas Ball, She offered guidance and advise and made me feel so welcome and appreciated. I must say I’ve encountered many pub managers but she is very good at what she does and very organised!!

The hospitality and kindness provided by Vanda and her team exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend your establishment to anyone coming to London as a reasonably priced and high quality pub with a traditional atmosphere.

Well done to say you coped with us all in such a professional manner when you were already so busy. Thanks to everyone at the Tattersalls Tavern.

• Visited December 2013