“Lovely Pub Lunch”

Ranked #6,703 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Central London Pub, serving good food, monday till saturday allday till 10pm and 9pm on sunday.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pub Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

A lovely and not to expensive pub restaurant in a lovely part of London. One owned by Charlie Chaplin's brother, the pub felt historic with real friendly service.

The food was good I had a burger and a beer. My partner had a delicious wild boar sausage roll. All in all a very good pub lunch after visiting the Natural History Museum.

• Visited May 2014

Galloway, New Jersey
“Fun place, nice people, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My mother-in-law found this pub while we were vactioning in London. She was looking for a place to take the rest of us to dinner that nite, and hotel staff suggested the Zetland. (There were 6 of us, all adults.) She went for lunch to try it out and the bartender made her feel very welcome, gave her a good meal, and a reservation for that evening. When we arrived later, the place was hopping and full (it was Thursday too, so good sign), but our table was waiting. The staff was again friendly, and treated her like they knew her, which I know made her feel special. As I said, it was quite busy, the place was noisy, inside and out, but we were able to talk and felt quite comfortable there, if a little cramped. The food was all good - nothing over the top really, but good pub food, and thats what we wanted. In all, I'd say we had a fun evening and would go back if in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Mount Holly, North Carolina
“Not a Bad Spot For a Pint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I did not eat here, but I stopped in for a pint. The cask ale was not bad as I did not have the bad experience that others have. I was over near the Baden Powell House and decided to sit for a bit. The atmosphere was that of a classic pub and I enjoyed myself.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I've been there twice so far and both of the times I had problems. The staff is really unkind and the food is terrible. I had some bad quality nachos (which were also overpriced - £11) and the night after I felt really sick. Also the atmosphere wasn't one of the best: ok that music makes everything better, but not hearing your friend in front of you is a bit too much.
The only good thing about this pub is that is very close to the tube station. That's it.

• Visited April 2014
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Zetland Arms, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Silvia A

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Zetland Arms with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Taylor Walker
London, United Kingdom
“Rip Off Pub near South Kensington”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Apparently originally run by Charlie Chaplin's brother, it's best claim to fame compared with it's food or service. We stopped here to eat before going to the Royal Albert Hall, the staff were very slow and disorganised, the beer cloudy and the food was expensive, with very few chips and over-fried fish. The bill for two meals and three drinks was about £35! Don't bother there are plenty of nicer, better run places.

• Visited March 2014