“Very good Sunday Lunch”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #4,563 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The Kings Arms in Shepherd's Market is part of the Taylor Walker company. Serving a wide selection of beers, wines and spirits and a menu filled with delicious traditional British pub food.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very good Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We arrange to meet our nephew and his wife who are living 45 min outside of London at the Kings Arms for Sunday Lunch. I thought we would probably have average pub food, but we were quite pleased about the quality of food. I had the fish and chips which were very good and fresh tasting. My husband had the roast beef which was slow roasted and tender. The serve very large portions and good beer and wine. We ate upstairs overlooking the square.

• Visited May 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Great British comfort food; cheap beer”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is a tiny pub in a little alleyway in Mayfair. Food is great and reasonably priced. Went there twice.

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great beer, slow, careless service.”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The good: the beer was first rate. The barman (there is barely a bar in the downstairs room) recommended a Scottish beer. Now most Scottish beer I have had has not been to my taste, but this chap was a Scotsman so I didn't like to argue. The beer was fantastic, I wish I had remembered the name of it.
The rest of our experience was not so good. The food was OK when it finally came but some of the dishes had clearly been standing around while they were preparing something else and had suffered for it.
The service was very nonchalant. Not exactly hostile but indifferent to any notion that he was serving a customer.

• Visited January 2013
France
“Pur english pub”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Located nearby Hyde Park and in small street , we went with clients yesterday to have a pure english meal in this pub and some local beers ; service was quick and very good and the food was just excellent ; you could try the cod fish and ships which is a very nice plate with a delicious fish and french fries and enjoy football on many screens around the tables ; just excellent for a typical london pub

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“A traditional English pub with good food & ambiance”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Had lunch there with my son the first day we arrived in London. It was located just a couple blocks behind our hotel (the Sheraton Park Lane) and I'd read about it in a post about top historic pubs in London so added it to our list of possible go-to eateries. Son had a burger and chips, which made a great first impression on him (both the taste and how it was served on a wood plate). It came with a tasty barbeque sauce on the side. I had the fish & chips with mushy peas. Even though this was the smaller of the fish & chips offerings on the menu (there was a more deluxe version with more sides), it was easily enough for two people. The order included one huge piece of cod, which was moist and flaky inside and nicely crisp on the outside, along with a generous helping of chips and a dollop of mushy peas. It was my first time having mushy peas (you could also opt for regular ones but I was feeling adventurous) and tasted like they should to me, even if I had nothing to compare them to.

Loved the ambiance overall. You definitely felt like you were stepping back into a special moment in time. Our server was very friendly and accommodating, and the food came quickly (although it took a little longer to get our check). Prices were a bit steep once you add the exchange rate (in the range of 9GBP per dish), but can't really fault them for that.

Would've eaten there more if we'd had more days in London. Definitely recommend.

• Visited February 2013